Bertruger

Jun 10, 2018
Rofl, another load of excuses. To be honest I know very good way to shake up them. When their income will fall at least twice a month, or maybe thrice they will rip their butts to get back in line. Just, think - any developer in any company, fucking up with the job and telling that he can't do his job cause <insert any reason> - immediately will have penalty or even will get fired. And these guys get ~$20k month and second month can't put shit together, and totally unclear what they're really doing last month. telling some cool stories? Omg, are you serious?

lykos88

Jan 15, 2018
Rofl, another load of excuses. To be honest I know very good way to shake up them. When their income will fall at least twice a month, or maybe thrice they will rip their butts to get back in line. Just, think - any developer in any company, fucking up with the job and telling that he can't do his job cause <insert any reason> - immediately will have penalty or even will get fired. And these guys get ~$20k month and second month can't put shit together, and totally unclear what they're really doing last month. telling some cool stories? Omg, are you serious?
No 1 asked for you opion you sound really closeminded person here. There have been many much worse devs ive seen in patreon #cough#Team Nimbus#cough#. Anyway they have been putting good effort and uptades so far no reason be so hostile. I totally believe in their stament there if you havent try it yourself coding isnt the most easiest or rewarding job in the world i can juts imagine some 1 can confirm this i presume. For rest of you folks we can do this just hold on.....

abbatur

May 18, 2019
Book 2 has some of the funniest writing moments in gaming that I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.
Really, Kudos on this.

Bertruger

Jun 10, 2018
No 1 asked for you opion
I can tell you the same thing.
Anyway they have been putting good effort and uptades so far
Questionable statement imo. Yep, I must admit, they can do it pretty good, (relatively, cause I've seen "projects" with far more impressive graphics/art/etc) but lately they far from doing all that they capable of.
no reason be so hostile. I totally believe in their stament there if you havent try it yourself coding isnt the most easiest or rewarding job in the world i can juts imagine some 1 can confirm this i presume
Ha. Hostile? You're getting it wrong. I am not spending my money, so i have no reason to be angry etc. This is sarcasm/sneer about guys spending their money on guys that become lazy, and time after time telling some shitty cool stories to excuse themselves.
About coding - man, I know what coding is, cause it's part of my real job, and I can say with no doubt - coding for that king of a project is not so "unbelievably hard". Especially for that money. There are tons of coders that doing significantly more difficult job for significantly less money. With better quality. And finally - if it is SO HARD for the coder to do his job in certain amount of time - maybe he not suitable for this? maybe they must consider to change coder or at least take one more? (Nope =) )

Balrog

Jan 10, 2018
You have no idea how video game developement work if you think you automaticaly get penalised personaly if one feature end up not being possible and creating delai, that happen all the time, hell delai happen just because someone decided to take a sick leave or just go on vacation and there is no penalisation for that.

Also fans get 0 info on what cause these delai for any games developed by professional so if anything we're getting much better than with actual pro developer since we actualy got some info.

Bertruger

Jun 10, 2018
You have no idea how video game developement work
Roflmao. Just imagine - Blizzard (for example, but if you want you can take literally any other famous brand. (Except some fraud dickheads such as "Star Citizen" project) ) announcing that the game release delayed cause their coder had ass ache/coder's dog pee caused short circuit and loss of code etc. Nonsense. Or if so, how much money do you think they will lose for this fuckup and who will be fucked in the ass? I rather believe that they make release in time with dozens of bugs.
Secondly - such a joke to compare FET (or most of renpy) to real gamedev. Maybe you should compare these series of interactive pictures to film industry? =)))

Last edited:

giraffe69

Feb 13, 2018
You have no idea how video game developement work if you think you automaticaly get penalised personaly if one feature end up not being possible and creating delai, that happen all the time, hell delai happen just because someone decided to take a sick leave or just go on vacation and there is no penalisation for that.

Also fans get 0 info on what cause these delai for any games developed by professional so if anything we're getting much better than with actual pro developer since we actualy got some info.
You are wasting your time on a person who thinks money is everything not only he is stupid he is also a liar. He is comparing a company to a team of 2-3 people or that if you are a "developer" in a company and you are late or make a mistake you will get fired or even getting your pay halved (does he know that there are multiple people working on one thing in gaming companies and i don't even want to explain how many people work on one thing in much bigger gaming companies). They have been doing so good for the past years but as soon as something happens (maybe real life and so on ) and 1 update gets delayed idiots like him who don't even support them will start hating.
As for the money they are getting 19,910$. Patreon takes from 5% to 9%, other expences and if you half that by what every member gets that is not that much at least for me. Maybe for him and the country he lives is good but for me let's say i could not pay everything and would end up very poor maybe even homeless.

Last edited:
Reactions: SiuKim and Xto

lykos88

Jan 15, 2018
Just go away
Bertruger

i dont think no 1 wants you here i looked your comments on this site all them are about whining of dev delays or content. And yes i undestand critical arguments if they pring something to the topick put you are whining for sake of it. Go back to yours mothers basement you arent welcome here. Before you leave share your wisdom what are these more "imbressive" projekts you speak of.

Sagah

Donor
Jun 9, 2017
You are wasting your time on a person who thinks money is everything not only he is stupid he is also a liar. He is comparing a company to a team of 2-3 people or that if you are a "developer" in a company and you are late or make a mistake you will get fired or even getting your pay halved (does he know that there are multiple people working on one thing in gaming companies and i don't even want to explain how many people work on one thing in much bigger gaming companies). They have been doing so good for the past years but as soon as something happens (maybe real life and so on ) and 1 update gets delayed idiots like him who don't even support them will start hating.
As for the money they are getting 19,910$. Patreon takes from 5% to 9%, other expences and if you half that by what every member gets that is not that much at least for me. Maybe for him and the country he lives is good but for me let's say i could not pay everything and would end up very poor maybe even homeless.
Where the fuck do you live if ~9000$ a month isn't good enough?! I would live like a king with that lol. o_O

Balrog

Jan 10, 2018
Roflmao. Just imagine - Blizzard (for example, but if you want you can take literally any other famous brand. (Except some fraud dickheads such as "Star Citizen" project) ) announcing that the game release delayed cause their coder had ass ache/coder's dog pee caused short circuit and loss of code etc. Nonsense. Or if so, how much money do you think they will lose for this fuckup and who will be fucked in the ass? I rather believe that they make release in time with dozens of bugs.
Secondly - such a joke to compare FET (or most of renpy) to real gamedev. Maybe you should compare these series of interactive pictures to film industry? =)))
Yeah, a blizzard game...with one coder.....that make sense.

They would announce a delay but never tell us why, there would still be a delay, that happened for dozens of games from blizzard alone and that's ignoring those who were downright canceled with the team moved to other project (notice how nobody got fired here ?)

You're the one who talked about game developement, i'm just telling that's how it goes even for professional, why ask more from amateurs than what is common practice for actual pro ?

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
Alright here's the deal:

Getting a new coder would help things. It's almost always a good solution (if you think getting familiar with a codebase is a too much, it isn't. FET is small compared to most professionally made software that takes far less than a month to begin decent work on).

Here's the actual reason no one will hire a developer to help them release faster:
Money

It's hardly rocket science and they'll receive the same amount of money each month if they hired an extra developer or not. So why bother? There's never any backlash for these delay stunts, everyone is really understanding. I'm not sure if it's a bad thing, but it depends if you see patreon as paying for the continual development of a product or as supporting something you enjoy.

I'd say it's definitely more of a business model with all the exclusive builds and restricted content devs are putting out nowadays - but the reality is the people supporting patreons will believe one or the other, and so there'll never be a consensus.

Want other examples of this?
Harem Hotel, Rogue-Like Evolution and many, many more!

JohnB72

Jul 6, 2018
it says that im missing something and i should think about it and not being able to go further into the tunnels when trying to save the two henchwomen for ajala. any solutions?

witteb

May 3, 2019
it says that im missing something and i should think about it and not being able to go further into the tunnels when trying to save the two henchwomen for ajala. any solutions?
they are hidden behind the dirt wall. where the MC says he thinks that he hears something. you need to press an certain point in the wall.

Semondemon

Engaged Member
Mar 9, 2018
Who cares about patreon money fools easily part with their cash.
On the game note I guess it got delayed? Thas just a shame man.

Reactions: kakaok2o

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
Delays are common as things will not always go right. Mity has always delivered what he promised and I have yet to be disappointed by any releases. Each of them is filled with great content. Its one delay due to the coder. WE all can be patient and wait. Please don't turn this into the shitshow that is going on in the Milfy City thread. Keep it Civil unless you wanna get banned.

PierrotSol

Sep 15, 2017
Who cares about patreon money fools easily part with their cash.
On the game note I guess it got delayed? Thas just a shame man.
With all that Patron money the coder should just buy some cigs and booze to kill that burnout. Then he can work forever :)

Mr. Manticore

Dec 27, 2018
I just don't get the obsession with minigames, I think the spinners and coin game are about as far as you need to take it. Just give me lewd minesweeper or something, I don't need crustacean pokemon or a new CCG for people leaving Hearthstone.

Anyway I'm sure it'll be a sick update.

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes