Jul 23, 2017
I had same issue and it was self-fixed when I load pre-tribe save, then my actual save. And after this go to marketplace (story progress was continued for me).
This doesn't work for me unfortunately do you perhaps have a save that starts when the story progress continues?

witteb

May 3, 2019
Hi everyone first of all Merry Christmas y'all i decided to come back to see what's up in this game, I saw a lot of disappointment from the last update so my question is should I try the new update or wait for the new update seeing how disappointed are you guys from the last one.
I'm waiting for the next update to play this game.

ckkm3

Aug 13, 2017
What's weirder still is that the game actually HAS a gallery system for Book 4, and it's implemented exactly how you'd think - by literally rewriting every single scene line by line into a new label that doesn't try to check variables (yes, really). You don't need to be a 300 IQ galaxy brain coder to see why that's a bad idea, so you'd probably want to refactor the game instead by making each major scene a standalone component from start to finish like you should've done in the first place.

Which to be frank isn't as big a deal as it sounds. The horrifying screenshot I posted is from the card minigame, which once again has fuck all to do with the rest of the game. Most of what you'd be doing involves copying scene declarations and "show character at left" statements around so everything is set up at the start of a segment, adding or _in_replay == True to every if condition, then slapping $ renpy.end_replay() at the end. IIRC there was even a guy who made an unofficial mod with a gallery mode at some point by doing exactly that. Not to mention that FET, being a trainer game at its core, is already structured in an artificial and "game-y" fashion with a clear map laid out for things (a character has a training menu with 7 scenes in it, each scene has 2-3 variants that are progressively more "corrupted", etc.)

But even failing that, you could do some truly disgusting shit like declaring new labels in the middle of scenes to use as jumping points, setting up all the missing backgrounds/characters from "outside" the scene before starting the replay, and having a "pass every check" mode which sets all of your variables to 999 temporarily.

Python:
screen Gallery:
    add g.button(title="Toph Anal 2", icon="gal26-tanal2.png", label="toph_anal_replay_start" xalign=0.5, yalign=0.5)

label toph_anal_replay_start:
    $ set_up_the_usual_variables()
    $ replay = True
    $ bk3_variable = 3
    $ bk3_toph_stage = 12
    $ bk3_did_something = True
    scene bk3_house_night
    show toph at right
    play music "RoyaltyFree.ogg"
    jump toph_anal_replay

label bk3_village_night_menu:
    "A bunch of shit happens here"
    menu:
        "Pound Toph's ass":
            $ toph_ass_pounded = True
            "You go to your room and start the scene with Toph"
            label toph_anal_replay:
            "The scene happens here"
            "The scene happens here"
            "The scene happens here"
            "The scene happens here"
            "The scene happens here"
            "The scene happens here"
            "The scene happens here"
            if replay:
                return
            "The game keeps going here"
Which WOULD technically work and accomplish the same thing with minimal coding, at the cost of some of your sanity.
Yep -- only pointed out that code example you gave to show how the coder thinks. Even if the 'logic' he's using was the correct one, his zigzag list of godawful if/thens could have been mostly replaced by one neat recursive function instead of 400ish lines of fuck-all.

Edit: The coder doesn't understand basic coding principles. No wonder they've been on a 'stress' hiatus.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 280 Votes