Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
Reminds me of Kabul in 2004/2005... my heart goes out to you. Stay and be safe, and of course leave at the earliest possible time. Prayers and thoughts to you and yours.
Kabul was still a shitshow in '18-19 as well. I hope they can get themselves where their mix of making art and money isn't an effing crime.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Does anyone here want to see Joseph in the next update because his scenes are about to cancel this time? :cry:
View attachment 1617768
Personally, I don't give a sh*t of this jerk.
But I think others like him. So it should stay in the game.
As long as he doesn't show up anymore once I have made Michelle dump him... or if I can kick him in the balls if I ever see his stupid face again :ROFLMAO:

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
Personally, I don't give a sh*t of this jerk.
But I think others like him. So it should stay in the game.
As long as he doesn't show up anymore once I have made Michelle dump him... or if I can kick him in the balls if I ever see his stupid face again :ROFLMAO:
I agree, Joseph is a manipulative tool. He had a rep before dating Michelle, pursued taking her virginity while creeping on her Mom. He totally takes advantage of Yoon when she's weak, and when he has her where he wants her, he arrogantly tries to make her beg for it.

If AfterChoices was trying to write a character to depict a complete douche-canoe, I'd say they accomplished their task rather well. He's not a pleasant person at all.

May 7, 2021
I agree, Joseph is a manipulative tool. He had a rep before dating Michelle, pursued taking her virginity while creeping on her Mom. He totally takes advantage of Yoon when she's weak, and when he has her where he wants her, he arrogantly tries to make her beg for it.

If AfterChoices was trying to write a character to depict a complete douche-canoe, I'd say they accomplished their task rather well. He's not a pleasant person at all.
In fairness to AC, male characters in VNs are usually one shade or another of douche-canoe. I seldom go into female protagonist games wanting to go full les, but find the male characters so repugnant they end up that way. Big exception for JOHN for having her b/f be a pretty decent guy so far.

Edit: To Clarify JOHN = Jessica O'Neal's Hard News

Last edited:

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
In fairness to AC, male characters in VNs are usually one shade or another of douche-canoe. I seldom go into female protagonist games wanting to go full les, but find the male characters so repugnant they end up that way. Big exception for JOHN for having her b/f be a pretty decent guy so far.
I passed on that relationship, so as to make the Yoon/Michelle thing more possible.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I think the worst part about Joseph is that if you encourage Michelle to stay with him he becomes unavoidable. Turn him down at the hospital toilet scene, turn him down every time he comes to visit, hell you can turn pure lesbian mode on and he's still unavoidable. Just let us say no to the asshole lol, his only value as a character to me is to frustrate and blue ball and there he goes getting an unavoidable scene on his path. I would have absolutely loved if we could've slammed the door in his face ignored him and then went and masturbated like Yoon does on her no Joseph path.

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
I think the worst part about Joseph is that if you encourage Michelle to stay with him he becomes unavoidable. Turn him down at the hospital toilet scene, turn him down every time he comes to visit, hell you can turn pure lesbian mode on and he's still unavoidable. Just let us say no to the asshole lol, his only value as a character to me is to frustrate and blue ball and there he goes getting an unavoidable scene on his path. I would have absolutely loved if we could've slammed the door in his face ignored him and then went and masturbated like Yoon does on her no Joseph path.
That's part of the beauty of this game; you get to play it how you want to, and so do others on completely different paths.

Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.

Reactions: Nevrius
May 7, 2021
That's part of the beauty of this game; you get to play it how you want to, and so do others on completely different paths.

Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
Actually, as much as I like the Dev and while there's a lot that I like about the game, the lack of choice is a killer for me. The Bachelorette party scene completely removed all choice from me and I'm still not sure I'll be able to stick with the game going forward.

stahalle

Jul 11, 2018
yeah the last update should have considered our choices more. i mean we have a point system in it why not use it? for example i played it lesbian only until now but had to turn full lesbian on to avoid the dicks for yoon so i couldn´t see the stripper scene. why not just give scenes based on the points we have or just ask what scene we want to see?

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
Actually, as much as I like the Dev and while there's a lot that I like about the game, the lack of choice is a killer for me. The Bachelorette party scene completely removed all choice from me and I'm still not sure I'll be able to stick with the game going forward.
To each their own.
I was wondering how much of an update you could be putting together [writing, scripting, coding and rendering] while you were fleeing for your life from one country to another. in a border area where laws are merely shrugged-off suggestions.

I mean, maybe it's just me, but - all things considered - it was a damn fine update, even if there weren't that many choices. It was an intermission and was specifically designated as such. Deciding to not play a game because of an interlude - similar to a Christmas episode - feels...rather ill-considered.

We've all been in the position of playing games where the dev is absolutely milking patrons while providing dribbles of updates, or completely ignoring the player base. And how many of us have played Christmas updates that had zero choices at all and only teased content that never existed beyond the scope of the holiday update. I won't name games, because there are too many games to mention run by too many developers that think that we're stupid/they're clever in doing so.

That clearly isn't happening here with AfterChoices. They ask us questions, they read the comments here, they let us know what is going on. That last one is super-valuable because its so rare.

But you know, you do you, Invictus2009.

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I agree about the lack of choices in the last update. I really enjoyed the update, don't get me wrong...but having the choice to do things is what brings me into a VN. Having everything predetermined is ...meh.

Also, in regards to Joseph, or whatever (what a lame name, btw). I know maybe two Joseph's since I've existed. Anyway, I only want to keep him involved because of the lack of hetero content. More and more I'm seeing this game is more fixated on lesbian stuff, (though, the last update delivered with Tom Brooks, or whatever). All I ask for is a balance. I don't particularly enjoy girl on girl unless I'm involved personally. I don't want to take away from those who enjoy it, but I also want stuff for those of us who want to see a woman and man together. There just seems to be a lot of forced lesbian stuff and not enough hetero. Not saying it's bad or doesn't exist, but some balance is due...cause damn.

Reactions: free pass fans2021
May 7, 2021
To each their own.
I was wondering how much of an update you could be putting together [writing, scripting, coding and rendering] while you were fleeing for your life from one country to another. in a border area where laws are merely shrugged-off suggestions.

I mean, maybe it's just me, but - all things considered - it was a damn fine update, even if there weren't that many choices. It was an intermission and was specifically designated as such. Deciding to not play a game because of an interlude - similar to a Christmas episode - feels...rather ill-considered.

We've all been in the position of playing games where the dev is absolutely milking patrons while providing dribbles of updates, or completely ignoring the player base. And how many of us have played Christmas updates that had zero choices at all and only teased content that never existed beyond the scope of the holiday update. I won't name games, because there are too many games to mention run by too many developers that think that we're stupid/they're clever in doing so.

That clearly isn't happening here with AfterChoices. They ask us questions, they read the comments here, they let us know what is going on. That last one is super-valuable because its so rare.

But you know, you do you, Invictus2009.
As I said in the post you quoted, I like the dev. And, I've pointed out that nobody can reasonably even expect updates with everything the dev is going through. My consideration of not playing more in this game is not a strike of anger against the dev. It is simply the feeling that I was, in the game forced into intercourse I did not want and forced to thank the person who arranged it. It is simply, at that point, not enjoyable.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Ohh, baby... I hate I am weak at English. :ROFLMAO: It took 30 minutes before my breakfast to read all the posts above.:LOL: I've read all of your replies, my friend. I will see what I can do with the update after the upcoming update. As I have already arranged almost everything for new 800-900 renders. About the point system, if you play with hard mode, you will find at some point, the game has realistic outcomes. But yeah I'll reconsider adding an option to avoid Tom Brooks or Megan Ross. Actually, if you look at the render folder, you will see Sukkhon goes into it instead of Yoon. They play scissors, stone, paper games to get into there. But that was my backup plan. So, I deleted that path believing Yoon should have some unavoidable fun to keep the filthy wife path going. Huge thanks for giving detailed feedback. I've learned a thing or two from you, my dearest.

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
Hey will we ever get a clear answer if anything really happend with yoon, jasmine and sukhon after the club night, i do understand if yoon might not be ready too talk with the girls about it, but i would have prefered progress with those 2 instead of a scene with a new girl, its not a big issue though i liked the update just wondering. What i am really looking forward too is daniel figuring out that yoon is messing around with michelle that will be fun lol. No matter what route you play he really opened pandoras box.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Hey will we ever get a clear answer if anything really happend with yoon, jasmine and sukhon after the club night, i do understand if yoon might not be ready too talk with the girls about it, but i would have prefered progress with those 2 instead of a scene with a new girl, its not a big issue though i liked the update just wondering. What i am really looking forward too is daniel figuring out that yoon is messing around with michelle that will be fun lol. No matter what route you play he really opened pandoras box.
Your questions will be answered in the next update, dear. ;) Thanks for being patient.

3.60 star(s) 77 Votes