Free stuff for Daz 3D

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Hamfist Thank you for submitting a rating for the thread. I think it can really help people to determine if this thread is worth reading by having impartial ratings that can help them to see the value.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I hate facebook but I have to use it for work that's the only reason I knew the grimes packs were there, I think they are trying to rope in more daz users, which isn't always a bad thing it leads to more free "get them hooked" content for everyone else.
It's the Facebook 'exclusive' coupon codes that particularly annoy me. Sometimes these get mentioned on the Daz forum, but yeah if you don't follow Daz on Facebook...

It looks like HDRIHaven, 3DModelHaven, and TextureHaven sites have now 'merged' to a degree, as they now (mostly) share the same top bar. So navigating between those 3 sites to check for new freebies is now a bit easier, as long as you go to Texture Haven last, TextureHaven's navbar hasn't been 'updated' in a a similar fashion as of this post. I'd imagine that'll happen soon though!

Reactions: seamanq

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
You guys are killing me... so much free stuff lately. I think I must have gotten assets worth more then $ 1000 and only this month... for FREE!!!
So thanks to everyone who contributes here!

How? :unsure:
You can do seamanq's suggestion, but the method I'm referring to requires the Daz Deals plugin. This also adds a few new checkboxes to the sales pages, which makes it a bit easier to navigate sales...

It adds the %off option to the sort option in the 'sort by' dropdown at the right, just above the product listings.

The big thing it does, though, other than sending you a flurry of daily emails about the latest Daz deals (if you check that opton) is provide a graph on the product pages which shows how much the 'baseline' sales price has fluctuated over the last year. This won't highlight discount stacking, but it will show you how often an item might go on sale...

This is particularly helpful when trying to stretch those '$x dollars off on items in this category' sales, as you can sort by % off to see which items are getting the biggest 'baseline' discount currently. With the recent 50% off Daz originals thing, plus some PA's being discounted further in a couple of sales, I was able to squeeze a lot more of the items I was interested in into the $15/30 off in each category' offer in a recent pro bundle sale. The $30 off instead of $15 off per category was a purple banner thing... it pays to shop often at the Daz store sometimes.

We probably should start a dedicated 'Daz Sales deals alerts' thread to discuss such things though. The Daz forum does have a thread for that of course, but sometimes, when sales glitches creep in that favor the consumer, yeah posting about those in the Daz forum just gets those glitches fixed more quickly...

Last edited:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Right, I forgot about the plugin, I know you've mentioned it somewhere before^^
Didn't know about 3D model heaven, but texture heaven was linked for a long while now, it seems they only changed the links to buttons on hdri heaven :unsure:
But good to know there is now a 3dmodel heaven too *rubs hands with a evil grin*

Easy peasy recreation. Go to the Daz store. Enter 100%. Click search. Most everything that is 100% off (or free) will appear in the list. This includes assets that are not in the weekly freebies, and has included entire video series on using Daz3D, as well as other neat things, like the military tunnel I mentioned earlier in this thread. While not exactly free, because the complimentary Platinum Club got extended into April, Daz threw bones at the existing PC club members by letting them use the $6 off coupon they normally get three times. So I was able to use it this month to get Bryce 7.1, a dining room set, and a living room set for I think under $2 for all three!!! Not exactly free, but pretty doggone close.
Whoa, I didn't know that works lol. I always typed "free" in the search bar, but the 100% definitely gives more results. Sadly I have everything with the 100% already, and I'm quite sure I didn't pay for it... looks like I must have somehow had a good moment or something to find all the stuff xD

Reactions: seamanq

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
Right, I forgot about the plugin, I know you've mentioned it somewhere before^^
Didn't know about 3D model heaven, but texture heaven was linked for a long while now, it seems they only changed the links to buttons on hdri heaven :unsure:
But good to know there is now a 3dmodel heaven too *rubs hands with a evil grin*

Whoa, I didn't know that works lol. I always typed "free" in the search bar, but the 100% definitely gives more results. Sadly I have everything with the 100% already, and I'm quite sure I didn't pay for it... looks like I must have somehow had a good moment or something to find all the stuff xD
if you search "100%" then "click show all" and "hide stuff I own" it'll make finding things you don't own that are newly free super fast, you just have to scroll down below the side to side menu boxes and it'l be laid out like a page

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
You need to have the Daz Deals plugin installed for the %off sort option apparently. If you spend ANY money in the Daz store, you really should get that plugin... info in the Commons section of the Daz forum.
I have the Daz Deals plugin and I signed up for emails, so I get emails when things go free (I just got the emails about the location from the Grimes video today. It's also usually how I find out about the weekly freebies, as I get an email listing a bunch of stuff that has just become free. I also like the tracker that shows the pricing behavior in the past period (i think it's like a month or two).

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
@zjalaran thank you for the kind rating. We have a small but active little community here of folks who just love free stuff. I am glad you found the information useful and hope we can continue adding value. Be sure to check the original post. It was organized with help from recreation and it really is a nice collection of free assets as well as sites where you can find more.

Reactions: OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
recreation: I added your post on Daz Assets and Tutorials to the OP because you are updating it regularly, and I think it's a resource that is too valuable to ignore. Thanks for all you do and contribute. You're several different kinds of awesome.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Apparently the Grimes bundle has an associated music video, or at least chroma screen footage with Grimes singing in the foreground, with other goodies so you can make your own Grimes video, for those that know their way around such things...

There's also an associated premiere bundle (scoll down on the page above), but it looks like in my case that I have almost all of the items in that bundle, so I'm better off buying the loose ends separately.

Pretty cool!

Last edited:
Reactions: recreation

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I also like the tracker that shows the pricing behavior in the past period (i think it's like a month or two).
You are missing out, if you go into the settings you can change the price history to "Long timeframe" which is a whole year! It's the best option to be sure you have a great deal.

• Love
Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
You are missing out, if you go into the settings you can change the price history to "Long timeframe" which is a whole year! It's the best option to be sure you have a great deal.
Great to know. Thanks so much.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
HOLY CRAP!!! The keeps coming this weekend. Free Platinum Club extends through the end of the month, and those without Platinum Club can use use the code HONORARY-PC to get up to $20 free of "Select Daz Originals." Those who already have PC can get up to $50 worth of free "Select Daz Originals" using the code PLAT-PERKS. For those buying items from the "Platinum & Free" collection, they can also get additional perks, like 50% off of PC memberships and renewals, if you don't own that already. Well, what are you waiting for? ... go already!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note:

If any of the new items in today's Daz store sale interest you, this might be a good time to grab or re-up your PC+ membership, it's 50% off, which is about the best we usually see when memberships go on sale. If you spend more than say $100 a year in the Daz store, PC+ is definitely worth it, due to the freebies, better discounts, and better offers in various sales (like today's sale). You can renew early, and extend your membership by a full year, at least that's been my experience.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Just a note:

If any of the new items in today's Daz store sale interest you, this might be a good time to grab or re-up your PC+ membership, it's 50% off, which is about the best we usually see when memberships go on sale. If you spend more than say $100 a year in the Daz store, PC+ is definitely worth it, due to the freebies, better discounts, and better offers in various sales (like today's sale). You can renew early, and extend your membership by a full year, at least that's been my experience.
Earlier this year I had a 3-month subscription and I don't remember what the discount was (I think it was somewhere between 50-60%) and they re-upped me from May 2020 to May 2021. This sale was really interesting, and I grabbed a full coffee shop, smartphone and tablet, and several texture sets, all of which I can find a ton of ways to use (and all for my favorite price ... FREE!). Since I am PC, that took an extra 10% off the top, so I got one extra item in the mix.

Reactions: OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Just a note:

By the way this is a come early, come often offer. According to the page for this, a free coupon will be offered "each day this weekend" so this means that there likely will be at least one more free coupon tomorrow. If this is similar to the stuff they did Easter weekend, there will be different codes for each day, so multiple discounts.

Last edited:

Estreiher

Jan 16, 2020
In theory there is a Sunday promotion, sadly it seems the code doesn't work for me.

Honorary platinum club members use coupon code: HONORARY-PC-SUN
Choose $20 worth of FREE**
platinum club members use coupon code: PLAT-PERKS-SUN
Choose $50 worth of FREE**

Reactions: recreation

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
In theory there is a Sunday promotion, sadly it seems the code doesn't work for me.

Honorary platinum club members use coupon code: HONORARY-PC-SUN
Choose $20 worth of FREE**
platinum club members use coupon code: PLAT-PERKS-SUN
Choose $50 worth of FREE**
Try again just double check for spacing errors or typos, it worked for me just fine.

Reactions: Estreiher

Estreiher

Jan 16, 2020
Hamfist Thanks for that. I re-copied it and now it worked. My only guess that the info about promotion appeared before it was implemented into system. Thanks!

Reactions: Hamfist
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes