Free stuff for Daz 3D

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
to use the Strand Hair Tool that is built into Daz3D.

This was created by FFCreations, creator of Freeloading Family. I looked it over and it is very informative. Since it's a one-off, I will only post it here and not to the main thread, though for anyone who is creating Daz3D art for games or otherwise it will prove to be very handy, I am sure. Hats off to the creator of Freeloading Family not only for the great game but also for the excellent contribution to the Daz3D community.

Last edited:

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Actually, just downloaded one from somewhere that was freebie. Give me a sec...

There are a few paid products over at Daz3D and Renderosity as well.
I quit trying on renderocity, evn done a vehicle purchace... Files were missing, so emailed them and asked could I just try for something else instead of a refund. Been like 3 months and still never heard a word...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just saw this one posted on the Daz3D forum.

Apparently the folks behind HDRIHaven have spun off a free model website, appropriately named:

The Models are 100% free, with no registration required, and are released under a CCO license. As with HDRIHaven, they do accept donations of course!

There are about 3 dozen models so far, essentially an assortment of furniture and props, as of this posting. If the pics for said models are any indication, they are HIGHLY DETAILED! Definitely worth a look-see.

Enjoy!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
For Good Friday, Daz3D is giving away at least one free item. See the store for details. I managed to snag Bryce 7.1 Pro for free (haven't had it since version 1, but that's another story). Looking forward to playing with it once again. If you buy something you can get two freebies, but the freebies max out at about $7 value, so I wouldn't get too terribly excited. It is free, in keeping with the spirit of this thread, however.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Is this thread useful to you? If so, would you mind taking a moment to rate the thread? This helps other users to know what value others have seen in the information contained herein, and whether or not it's worth their time to consider the information contained here. Thank you.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The Hive Wire folks have added more free resources to their page. The latest entry is a Fantasy Gazebo.

Fantasy Gazebo.jpeg

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The fun continues over at Daz3D with (or two if you buy a select item).

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The fun continues over at Daz3D with (or two if you buy a select item).
Just a note here.

There are two codes for each day, so you can get one freebie without needing to buy anything, and two more if you buy a new item from that day's sale. The Saturday sale has the cheapest buy-in, with the service robot. I did this on the Saturday sale, ending up with 3 'freebies' for that day.

The pages for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are all still up, so you can end up with 3 freebies with no buy-in (if you haven't grabbed those already), and up to six more depending on if you want to buy a new item from that day's sale. So if you haven't jumped on these offers yet, yeah today's the day!

• Love
Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Just a note here.

There are two codes for each day, so you can get one freebie without needing to buy anything, and two more if you buy a new item from that day's sale. The Saturday sale has the cheapest buy-in, with the service robot. I did this on the Saturday sale, ending up with 3 'freebies' for that day.

The pages for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are all still up, so you can end up with 3 freebies with no buy-in (if you haven't grabbed those already), and up to six more depending on if you want to buy a new item from that day's sale. So if you haven't jumped on these offers yet, yeah today's the day!
Yeah. I decided that I didn't want to spend any money on what they had to release -- I just didn't want anything they were offering that much. So I got Bryce Pro 7, a full dining room set, and a full living room set for free. That makes me a happy camper :)

Reactions: OhWee

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Holy Sh...:

Leave this man a Like if you download! 8 months work and he's giving it away for free :eek:

• Love
Reactions: OhWee and seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Holy Sh...:

Leave this man a Like if you download! 8 months work and he's giving it away for free :eek:
Wow! ... just, wow. Not particularly my thing, but thanks for sharing. I am sure that others may find a way to weave this into their respective stories.

Reactions: recreation

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
This illustrates the point why it's important to do a search on Daz3D for 100% in the search bar. This will reveal other freebies that are on the site, like a free which does not appear in all the usual places. It reminds me of another oft-used quote, success often appears disguised as hard work.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
It's not publicized on the Daz site but there is currently a free bundle available with some really good assets:

I have no idea who Grimes is, but apparently these assets where used to make a music video.
They are pushing the grimes packs on FB, which is cool I think with the downtime for the 'rona people need stuff to do

Estreiher

Jan 16, 2020
It's not publicized on the Daz site but there is currently a free bundle available with some really good assets:

I have no idea who Grimes is, but apparently these assets where used to make a music video.
Thanks a lot mate, I'd miss that one if not your post here :)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Something that I often do on the Daz sales pages is sort by % off. That will usually help highlight freebies, as well as illustrate where discount stacking might be particularly extreme. Usually, though, discount stacking is tied to new items, which is how the game is often played in the Daz store.

You need to have the Daz Deals plugin installed for the %off sort option apparently. If you spend ANY money in the Daz store, you really should get that plugin... info in the Commons section of the Daz forum.

A weak example of this is today's sale, where you need to buy 3 new items from today's sale to get a freebie, so over a $30 buy in for one 'free' item. So I wouldn't call that a good deal. Lately, I've adopted a '$2 average' rule, where if the average cost of all the items in my cart is much over $2 per item, I'll often just dump my cart. My Daz library is rather extensive at this point, so it's not a big deal for me to be 'choosy' this way.

Extreme examples of discount stacking used to happen a lot more often, with the cost of some items in the cart dropping below 10 cents in some cases, but the Daz sales team has been a LOT more careful about that within the last year or so. The 'plat club for a day' items sometimes are good deals, if the buy in isn't particularly steep, as those items are often priced much higher. But of course, those aren't freebies, so they aren't really relevant to the spirit of this thread.

I'm particularly annoyed that the Daz sales team has taken to doing the facebook offers thing. I'm not a fan of Facebook... so thanks for the heads up on the Grimes bundle!

Last edited:

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
I'm particularly annoyed that the Daz sales team has taken to doing the facebook offers thing. I'm not a fan of Facebook... so thanks for the heads up on the Grimes bundle!
I hate facebook but I have to use it for work that's the only reason I knew the grimes packs were there, I think they are trying to rope in more daz users, which isn't always a bad thing it leads to more free "get them hooked" content for everyone else.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
You guys are killing me... so much free stuff lately. I think I must have gotten assets worth more then $ 1000 and only this month... for FREE!!!
So thanks to everyone who contributes here!

Something that I often do on the Daz sales pages is sort by % off.
How? :unsure:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
You guys are killing me... so much free stuff lately. I think I must have gotten assets worth more then $ 1000 and only this month... for FREE!!!
So thanks to everyone who contributes here!

How? :unsure:
Easy peasy recreation. Go to the Daz store. Enter 100%. Click search. Most everything that is 100% off (or free) will appear in the list. This includes assets that are not in the weekly freebies, and has included entire video series on using Daz3D, as well as other neat things, like the military tunnel I mentioned earlier in this thread. While not exactly free, because the complimentary Platinum Club got extended into April, Daz threw bones at the existing PC club members by letting them use the $6 off coupon they normally get three times. So I was able to use it this month to get Bryce 7.1, a dining room set, and a living room set for I think under $2 for all three!!! Not exactly free, but pretty doggone close.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes