• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Free stuff for Daz 3D

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
and I was coming in here to tell everyone almost all that, but you beat me by many hours lol, and I'm glad you did somehow I missed the party girl offering... I'm a slacker.
Party Girl is cool. It has a set of dresses along with some cool morphs including multiple wind effects.

Reactions: FranceToast

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I added this tutorial on how to change any character (G1, G2, or G3) to G8:

by Sickleyield to the OP.

Given that Daz3D is generously giving away many of the G2 models and packs, and since there is a tonne of other G2 characters out there, I thought this would be a good time to have information on how to pull these models into G8 for those who want to take advantage of the other benefits that G8 offers.

For those who do not want to be bothered reading or following video tutorials, there is a commercial tool on Daz3D that can do the job as well (and likely quite a bit faster and cleaner), but it is not free (but it is just recently reduced in price):

Since I was there already, I reorganized the content under Tools and Tutorials to more logically group things so that it would be easier to find things there. For recreation, I have two scripts on there to change G3 to G8 clothes -- are they the same one? Is one better than another? Please advise.

Reactions: JJsworld

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
For @recreation, I have two scripts on there to change G3 to G8 clothes -- are they the same one? Is one better than another? Please advise.
seem to be the same, looks like I forgot that I posted them already^^

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
If you want to create your own houses I'd recomment program. It's completely free and really easy to use. I only watched a tiny part of the first tutorial and was ready to go.
This might be also interesting for the op @seamanq
Sorry to be so late in the house on this one. I saw it but never thought to put it in the OP. It was only today when I was poring over the thread to try to find it that it occurred to me that I had never included it. I have remedied that problem. And thank you once again recreation for your generous contribution.

This also necessitated the addition of a Buildings and Environments section to the assets category. Let's see what goodies y'all come up with to add to this new section!

Reactions: recreation

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Sorry to be so late in the house on this one. I saw it but never thought to put it in the OP. It was only today when I was poring over the thread to try to find it that it occurred to me that I had never included it. I have remedied that problem. And thank you once again recreation for your generous contribution.

This also necessitated the addition of a Buildings and Environments section to the assets category. Let's see what goodies y'all come up with to add to this new section!
I was working on a complete house with that program, maybe I'll upload a finished version when I have the time.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
This is a for Genesis 3 characters created by Daz3D user Serene Night.

They are cleared for commercial use. Included are poses for snowmobiles, pregnant poses, Santa poses, and traffic stop poses. The traffic stop pose seems to be particularly well done, and I could see how it could fit into a lot of stories. Because this is a relatively limited collection, I am just going to post it here but not add it to the OP. Happy days!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
On the other hand, this resource, links to specific props listed by description and category. A pretty large and robust list. It has been added to the OP. I found this quite by accident when I was searching for news anchor resources (a hand held microphone) and that's included in this list, among many other things.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
And since we're talking about free resources, this page from lists a bunch of their favorite free resources for 3D stuff. Lots of the usual suspects are on the list that are already in the OP, like Adam Thwaits site, Renderosity, Wilmaps Original, and Share CG, but there may also be some hidden gems. It's important to note that Daz3D can also take Poser and other objects, so this list may provide some other valuable resources for the more creatively-inclined of you out there.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I just found this one quite by accident.

(3/15/2020). Not to be confused with Share CG, this site has amazing resources, including multiple characters and character bundles, environments, poses, morphs, and other assets. Truly a must-visit site. (Added today to OP)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I just found this one quite by accident.

(3/15/2020). Not to be confused with Share CG, this site has amazing resources, including multiple characters and character bundles, environments, poses, morphs, and other assets. Truly a must-visit site. (Added today to OP)
Not all of the assets on that site are actually free on the daz store, so it might just be another pirate site.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Here is , a source of many original 3D products, many of which are in Blender. There is a ton of products from all different categories, ranging in price from free to obscene ($2,500 for fully rigged male and female anatomy). Still there is a bunch for free, and some really nice stuff for very cheap. Added to the OP.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
It's that time again. Freebies on Daz3D. The latest are:
View attachment Michael 5 Starter Bundle.webp
The Michael 5 Starter Bundle

and

View attachment Manly Men.webp
Manly Men for M5

There are also a bunch of other goodies available for free, so be sure to check them out.

In other (somewhat offtopic) news, Daz is holding a massive PC+ sale for Platinum Plus members. They have over 200 items discounted to 0.99, including the 22 Parker Road bundle, which includes all the furniture for all three floors (normally $50), the Granite Bedroom bundle which includes furniture and poses (normally $37) for 0.99, and tons of hair and textures, as well as several new models by some of the cool designers like Fred Winkler and others. Oh, and if you don't have PC, but are interested, you can get it for 40% off as part of the sale. I know it's not free, but it's so doggone cheap it might encourage some off the fence :p. Have fun and be safe out there, wherever you are in the world.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Oh, and if you don't have PC, but are interested, you can get it for 40% off as part of the sale. I know it's not free, but it's so doggone cheap it might encourage some off the fence :p. Have fun and be safe out there, wherever you are in the world.

PC+ has an even better deal today. If you buy 2 new items on the March Madness sale page you'll automatically get 50% off a PC+ membership, and then you can also use the coupon available right now for an additional 40% off, for a total of 21USD plus whatever discounted items you had to purchase.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
What can you do with free stuff ... ?

Upscale clothing store rack.png

This is an image I put together with a free clothing rack and hangers from . I set surfaces for the rack, hanger, and hanger hook with default surfaces available in Daz3D (wood, chrome, different types of metal for the rack).

Getting it to all work together required a little Daz3D trickery, but I am not super experienced with Daz3D so I figure others could figure out how to do it as easily as I could. The bene here is that the clothes on the rack are actual clothes that a character could wear (in this case G8F, but you could do the same for G3F or other Genesis base characters). If it makes you crazy that girls shop at a generic t-shirt rack from one of the two stores that are in most VNs and come out the dressing room with an elegant gown ... then this might be a solution for you. This was done super simple with plane primitives set to a berber carpet surface (for the floor) and a matte paint surface for the wall. Given the fact that there are 8 outfits here (each with an invisible G8F hiding inside), the 29 minute render speed (with the G8F characters set not to render and not to cast shadows) was pretty impressive, given the fact that I have an ancient 760GTX video card.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I used the free (also available from Daz3D) to bust apart the hangers into parts (the metal hook and the wood base) so I could color them differently. I suppose you could use Hexagon to take the rack and make it much shorter (like for bikini tops and bottoms). The possibilities are limitless. Hexagon has a bit of a learning curve, but it's not impossible, and making changes was not too difficult even though I have never worked in a program like it before.

I just added this to the OP because I didn't know it was available for free. It's in the tools section.

Last edited:
Reactions: FranceToast

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Thanks, but don't expect too much, I'm no pro at all ^^"
I appreciate the humility and it is noted. However, after watching all of your releases of BM, I may tend to differ with you a bit. I think your attention to detail is incredible. Whether it merits "pro" status may be debatable by some, but I consider you to be one of the more attentive (and thus, more professional) developers. Maybe not expert, but you definitely show enough attention to the tiny details to make yourself someone who should be (and is) respected. I think the thing that is really exciting about many of the games that are being released on F95zone is the level of incredible quality and attention to detail that is being seen in many of the releases.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Building on my theme of what you can do with Daz3D for absolutely free, I offer this swimwear and lingerie rack, with clothes that G8F characters can actually wear. The swimwear as well as the babydoll and babydoll panties are from Adam Thwaites website and were free in exchange for giving him my email address. The rack was posted 11 years ago on Share CG but comes directly into Daz3D with textures and all. The hangers and the thong undewear were also from Share CG. The thongs were actually designed for G3F, but work just fine on G8F as well. Render time without the background was about 3 minutes, but with the background it jumped to 22 minutes, which is still pretty stinking fast when you consider I have an ancient 760 GTX video card. The floor and wall are plane primitives with Iray material textures applied, mahogany wood tiles for the flooring and wallpaper for the walls. This is just one example of things you can do with free stuff that you can find using the links in the original post.

Swimsuit and Lingerie Rack (all freebies).png

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Building on my theme of what you can do with Daz3D for absolutely free, I offer this swimwear and lingerie rack, with clothes that G8F characters can actually wear. The swimwear as well as the babydoll and babydoll panties are from Adam Thwaites website and were free in exchange for giving him my email address. The rack was posted 11 years ago on Share CG but comes directly into Daz3D with textures and all. The hangers and the thong undewear were also from Share CG. The thongs were actually designed for G3F, but work just fine on G8F as well. Render time without the background was about 3 minutes, but with the background it jumped to 22 minutes, which is still pretty stinking fast when you consider I have an ancient 760 GTX video card. The floor and wall are plane primitives with Iray material textures applied, mahogany wood tiles for the flooring and wallpaper for the walls. This is just one example of things you can do with free stuff that you can find using the links in the original post.

View attachment 593244
seeing the floor you might want to go into surface settings and change the tiling a bit so the tiles won't be so extremely big:
1584770698838.png
change the Horizontal and Vertical Tiles to something around 20 should do the trick ;)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes