recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Not sure if already posted.

InTheFlesh freebies :

His G8 toolkits are neat!
I don't think so, I have some of his stuff, it's nice, but I only tested it, but never really used it. I still use g3 by far more often then g8^^

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Not sure if already posted.

InTheFlesh freebies :

His G8 toolkits are neat!
Thank you for the contribution, and welcome to the community. I have added it to the "mixed asset website" section. As a note to others, I have combined the expressions and morphs sections into one new section called Body Shop - Morphs, Expressions, and Body Modification tools because there appears to be a lot of crossover and it didn't make sense to have Expressions and Morphs separate, given that a lot of morphs are facial morphs.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Another 'Starter' set briefly free at Daz 3D, Gia 6
Older Daz 2 figure, but good for background characters, and includes a couple of hairs.

View attachment 546627
I got it a week or so ago when it was free. I have a feeling they are going to use her as a "teaser" for a while.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Another 'Starter' set briefly free at Daz 3D, Gia 6
Older Daz 2 figure, but good for background characters, and includes a couple of hairs.

View attachment 546627
so glad I looked in here, keep forgetting to check for free stuff on Daz, which is awesome.

I actually just got $164 of free stuff, so am super happy. :)

freestuff1.png

Reactions: FranceToast

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I'm always up for free hair-and men's hair is even more rare (and expensive) than the women's hair.
FranceToast Did you check the post for by No_Name that they recently posted? It has some male facial hair and a men's hairstyle. Also, on the Daz3D site, the is a treasure trove of all kinds of free hair, male and female. Both of these were posted in the Collections and long postings with many items section, but after thinking about it, I will move the Free Hair and Hair Related Items to the Assets > Hair section because that makes better sense.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
FranceToast Did you check the post for by No_Name that they recently posted? It has some male facial hair and a men's hairstyle. Also, on the Daz3D site, the is a treasure trove of all kinds of free hair, male and female. Both of these were posted in the Collections and long postings with many items section, but after thinking about it, I will move the Free Hair and Hair Related Items to the Assets > Hair section because that makes better sense.
Thanks! I have seen the Tavern Wench, but had no idea it came with hair!
Also how awesome is that Urbosa model-I have zero use for it or the hair, but want it anyways, LOL!

• Love

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Thanks! I have seen the Tavern Wench, but had no idea it came with hair!
Also how awesome is that Urbosa model-I have zero use for it or the hair, but want it anyways, LOL!
You make a good point, and it's one to emphasize to those who are new at the game. The reason we get excited when a solid model like Gia 6 gets released is not necessarily because we want to do a new character based on her, but because of all the goodies that come along for the ride, like the Gia 6 morphs, hair, clothing, etc. Since many game developers come to the table and they grab what is most easily accessible, this means a lot of imitation out there, which means the same clothing and hair are seen in many, many, many games.

That's why texture maps are so awesome, because one can take an often-seen item, like clothing, and apply a texture map to it and end up with a "new" clothing item (or at least one that looks new). That's (in part) why free resources like the ones on this site are so valuable.

Reactions: FranceToast

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
That's why texture maps are so awesome, because one can take an often-seen item, like clothing, and apply a texture map to it and end up with a "new" clothing item (or at least one that looks new). That's (in part) why free resources like the ones on this site are so valuable.
I just remembered another good use for textures. In the second episode of Broken Hearts Club, I built a scene where one of the characters, Shane, was sleeping and about to have a really good dream. In order to have the scene look realistic, I had to have a blanket over her that was contoured. (On a side and unrelated note, putting characters in bed sleeping without a blanket is generally laziness, and very unrealistic to boot). To get the contours, the easiest thing to do was use a primitive plane, apply a texture to it, then drop it on top of the sleeping character in the bed using dForce. While I suppose it could have been done with an existing blanket asset, blankets aren't often dForce enabled, so it may or may not have worked. The ability to grab and apply a texture let me create a realistic scene that also had the benefit of rendering faster (plane primitives are lot less complex than many other surfaces), and I definitely needed that in the scene because the lighting was very low, and there were multiple ambient light sources -- all of which contribute to slow render scenes.

bg_shane_sleeping.png

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
that hair thread on daz will be very useful, thanks for the link.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes