Free stuff for Daz 3D

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Picked up several vehicles, poses, and characters today... Bill was way over $500, after the free offer and the discounts, I got it all for like $110...

Reactions: OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Good times for Daz users I'd say. Be sure to check the discounted stuff as well, there are some nice assets for $1,99 each.
I didn't see many assets for $1.99 that I wanted. On the other hand, I think I bought around 40 in mid March when they did a massive sale like this. So maybe I emptied the queue of stuff that I would buy :)

• Haha
Reactions: recreation

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
So now I'm working on remodeling the Coffee Shop that I got for free yesterday. After that, I go to work on the clothing store and TV studio that I got today. Happy times!

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
So now I'm working on remodeling the Coffee Shop that I got for free yesterday. After that, I go to work on the clothing store and TV studio that I got today. Happy times!
Don't tell me you "bought" the i13 coffee shop xD

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I understand that it's a popular hangout for virtual hotties...
:p
It's the "Voss Hair" of environments xD
But yeah, there aren't many coffee shops for Daz, so it's kind of understandable. I've even seen the one I'm using in a few other games^^

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Don't tell me you "bought" the i13 coffee shop xD
Yeah. I already refinished all of the tables and the wood beams. I will also be repainting the stools and changing the wall hangings and most likely the wall and counter surfaces as well. It should look somewhat different than the usual after I am done with my remodel. The wall hangings are the easy grabs, but I did find some great free iRay shaders here: . I used the "wood shaders" from their list and they are super easy to work with and nice to boot. I have added the list of Free iRay Shaders to the OP as well.

Please note that while all the shaders and resources on this list are free, all are not licensed for commercial use. For example, towards the end there was a link to Renderosity for wood and brick shaders, but the licensing clearly stated non-commercial, personal use only, which means it would not be licensed to use in games. Please look at the licensing for each asset before downloading / using it in a game, as always.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Yeah. I already refinished all of the tables and the wood beams. I will also be repainting the stools and changing the wall hangings and most likely the wall and counter surfaces as well. It should look somewhat different than the usual after I am done with my remodel. The wall hangings are the easy grabs, but I did find some great free iRay shaders here: . I used the "wood shaders" from their list and they are super easy to work with and nice to boot. I have added the list of Free iRay Shaders to the OP as well.

Please note that while all the shaders and resources on this list are free, all are not licensed for commercial use. For example, towards the end there was a link to Renderosity for wood and brick shaders, but the licensing clearly stated non-commercial, personal use only, which means it would not be licensed to use in games. Please look at the licensing for each asset before downloading / using it in a game, as always.
Here is the start of remodeling the Trendy Coffee shop. The render shaders are the free wood shaders mentioned in the previous post. The artwork is from the Smithsonian Institute, under the Creative Commons license (thanks FranceToast). Other shaders used were free Daz Uber shaders that came with the program. It's still a work in progress, but it looks a lot different than the "out of the box" trendy coffee house I bought from i13. Render took a hella long time cuz it is very low light with ambient lighting used to light the scene. After looking at this, I may swap out the brick to differentiate it a little bit further.

Trendy Cofee Shop - revisited.png

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Here is the start of remodeling the Trendy Coffee shop. The render shaders are the free wood shaders mentioned in the previous post. The artwork is from the Smithsonian Institute, under the Creative Commons license (thanks FranceToast). Other shaders used were free Daz Uber shaders that came with the program. It's still a work in progress, but it looks a lot different than the "out of the box" trendy coffee house I bought from i13. Render took a hella long time cuz it is very low light with ambient lighting used to light the scene. After looking at this, I may swap out the brick to differentiate it a little bit further.

View attachment 626199
Yeah that looks a lot better alreay. I'd move the furniture a bit (or even change the models) too. The wood texture doesn't look that good tbh, I can recommend the textures from texture heaven, or even the iray walnut shader included in Daz. It looks quite similar color wise.
And don't forget that you can "tile" surfaces (looking at the beams here).

Reactions: seamanq

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

View attachment 626199

Just noticed. Looks like about a hundreds of feet drop just out of the doorway...

Looks really nice otherwise! Just mind the step...

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Yeah that looks a lot better alreay. I'd move the furniture a bit (or even change the models) too. The wood texture doesn't look that good tbh, I can recommend the textures from texture heaven, or even the iray walnut shader included in Daz. It looks quite similar color wise.
And don't forget that you can "tile" surfaces (looking at the beams here).
You are right about the beams. I need to pick a different texture. Some of them (from that collection) are better than others. And yeah, I think you are right about tiling them. I was also planning to rearrange the furniture and maybe add some while I was at it. I will probably redo the menu boards on the other side as well.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Just noticed. Looks like about a hundreds of feet drop just out of the doorway...

Looks really nice otherwise! Just mind the step...
It's on a hill. I will probably use a different background.

• Haha

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Trendy coffee shop, part II: i13 included some other brick surfaces in the textures that came with the set, so I used a lighter brick background. I used an emissive plane primitive to bring the room lighting up to daylight lighting, as well as adding an outdoor HDRI to bring some outside light in. I dropped the background and placed another plane primitive and put a picture from Pexels (royalty-free for commercial use) on the surface for the exterior street scene. I prefer the control that a plane primitive gives me. I realized I textured the middle table wrong, and I fixed the textures on the upper beams, tiling the wood pattern and adding roughness. It still took a hella long time to render, and I am suspecting that is because of all the stuff going on in the scene off camera. Because of the daylight lighting, the vinyl floor that I laid is now visible.

Trendy Cofee Shop - revisited v2.png

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
Trendy coffee shop, part II: i13 included some other brick surfaces in the textures that came with the set, so I used a lighter brick background. I used an emissive plane primitive to bring the room lighting up to daylight lighting, as well as adding an outdoor HDRI to bring some outside light in. I dropped the background and placed another plane primitive and put a picture from Pexels (royalty-free for commercial use) on the surface for the exterior street scene. I prefer the control that a plane primitive gives me. I realized I textured the middle table wrong, and I fixed the textures on the upper beams, tiling the wood pattern and adding roughness. It still took a hella long time to render, and I am suspecting that is because of all the stuff going on in the scene off camera. Because of the daylight lighting, the vinyl floor that I laid is now visible.

View attachment 627364
just a casual observation the grain on the ends of the tables (left front edge in scene) should be running the same way as the top surface grain if it's supposed to be a real wood table, if it's supposed to be a laminate table it can do whatever. the grain on the right edges are correct for real wood.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
just a casual observation the grain on the ends of the tables (left front edge in scene) should be running the same way as the top surface grain if it's supposed to be a real wood table, if it's supposed to be a laminate table it can do whatever. the grain on the right edges are correct for real wood.
Nobody's buying real wood. It would be nice, and I would expect it if it was an expensive seafood restaurant or something like that, but not in a coffee shop. It's laminate.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Nobody's buying real wood. It would be nice, and I would expect it if it was an expensive seafood restaurant or something like that, but not in a coffee shop. It's laminate.
Just a thought here. If you wanted to change the strand orientation on the other two sides of the table, you could use the Geometry Editor Tooltip to select those edges and assign them to a new surface. Then, you could try the texture maps again, and if they are off by 90 degrees simply rotate the texture map in Photoshop, GIMP, etc. 90 degrees and save it as a new map...

Apparently you can also rotate a texture map using the Layered Image Editor (just looked it up via Google). I'll have to keep that in mind for the next time I'm feeling the need to rotate a texture map...

Might not be worth the extra effort, but that's how I'd suggest 'fixing' that if it truly bothered you. Hamfist's OCD seems to be kicking in on that one...

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
I spent a lot of time doing wood working so it jumped out at me, The scene looks way better than original already. Like I said casual observation. 99.99% of people would never notice especially if there is anything else in the scene

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I spent a lot of time doing wood working so it jumped out at me, The scene looks way better than original already. Like I said casual observation. 99.99% of people would never notice especially if there is anything else in the scene
Yeah. I was just showing off work to rework the scene so that it would not look so "familiar" as having been seen in over 300 other games. The scene would actually have characters with dialogue, so I think that most people would be paying attention to that rather than the tables. OhWee is right about doing geometry editor and it certainly is likely possible to "fix" it that way, but for the purposes of this setting, it would be expected that the tables are laminate and not solid wood. It's just not a detail that is worth investing an inordinate amount of time given the minimal contribution that it would make to the story overall.

Reactions: JJsworld

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
All I can say is Damn!!! I got the stock feature... I hope I can learn to do what you guys do...

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
All I can say is Damn!!! I got the stock feature... I hope I can learn to do what you guys do...
Look at the original post in this thread, and go to the "Tools and Tutorials" section and click Spoiler. You will see a nice list of tools and tutorials, some of which we have used to do the things we have done in this thread and elsewhere. Truthfully, I do a ton of Google searching and find videos or tutorials that help me to figure out how to do particular things. Sometimes downloading a basic asset for free from a site like will give you a "foundation" then you can play around with the geometry and surfaces tools to "customize" the item. I did this with the long clothing rack and hangers that I used a few pages ago. Most of this stuff just comes from tons of practice and hours of trial and error.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes