Free stuff for Daz 3D

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just saw this compilation of 120+ furniture & daily life props posted up on the Daz3D forum:

Worth a look (the 70's phonograph/record player looks pretty good for example).

The links go to several other websites, such as ShareCG and DeviantArt.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Just saw this compilation of 120+ furniture & daily life props posted up on the Daz3D forum:

Worth a look (the 70's phonograph/record player looks pretty good for example).

The links go to several other websites, such as ShareCG and DeviantArt.
Thank you for the wonderful new addition. It has been added to the Original Post.

Reactions: OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
has been added to the free offerings in the Stay Home - Spread Hope promotion over at Hivewire.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, not quite free, but certainly intriguing, especially if you don't own the Victoria base models.

Daz3d has a promotion that if you buy 1 of their "Free Victoria" items you get one Victoria base for free, and if you buy 2 of the "Free Victoria" items, you get . So, if somehow you don't have any or most of the Victoria models and you want them, this might be interesting. It looks like the lowest cost for the Free Victoria items is around $12 for one item and around $22-24 for two items. So it's not exactly free, but if you don't have several of the Victoria models and want them, it could add up to $100 savings or so.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Ok, not quite free, but certainly intriguing, especially if you don't own the Victoria base models.

Daz3d has a promotion that if you buy 1 of their "Free Victoria" items you get one Victoria base for free, and if you buy 2 of the "Free Victoria" items, you get . So, if somehow you don't have any or most of the Victoria models and you want them, this might be interesting. It looks like the lowest cost for the Free Victoria items is around $12 for one item and around $22-24 for two items. So it's not exactly free, but if you don't have several of the Victoria models and want them, it could add up to $100 savings or so.
+ if you got all of them already, you get 20% of your entire order (also adds up with additional deals) today.

Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
+ if you got all of them already, you get 20% of your entire order (also adds up with additional deals) today.
It would have been nice if they had extended the Zevo sale one more day, that way the "I own all of the Victoria bases' 20% off might have stacked with the Gift Card discount from the Zevo sale, but alas they pulled that sale. Still, 28% (20% from coupon, + 10% extra discount from Honorary PC+) isn't too shabby as GC discounts go, and with a few exceptions is actually a rather good deal as far as gift cards go.

If you shop at the Daz3D store regularly, you really SHOULD take advantage of gift card discounts. This translates to whatever items you buy with your Gift Card balance/store credit, but of course you need to bank the money in advance. Still, banking money now for a 28% discount later, which effectively stacks with whatever sale is going on at the time, is a good plan if you are budgeting money regularly for your Daz purchases anyways.

Reactions: Boogie and seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
And today on Daz3D:

One (select from 125 items). No purchase conditions.

The free looks particularly promising and valuable for game developers.

Reactions: recreation

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018

The free looks particularly promising and valuable for game developers.
Can't recommend, the light does neither look professional, nor realistic, plus it's meshlight, and no matter what some people say, meshlights are awfull imo -> heavy on performance, and they do nothing you can't recreate with other light sources.
edit: except if you need a specific form of course^^

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Can't recommend, the light does neither look professional, nor realistic, plus it's meshlight, and no matter what some people say, meshlights are awfull imo -> heavy on performance, and they do nothing you can't recreate with other light sources.
Well, it's another set of HDRIs for free to add to the arsenal. I guess that's why opinions are like noses ... everybody has one. From looking at this set, it looks like it's more suitable for glamour shots, like the kind that people would create and sell in collections rather than day-to-day game development. But who knows? I am looking forward to playing around with them to see what they can do.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Well, it's another set of HDRIs for free to add to the arsenal. I guess that's why opinions are like noses ... everybody has one. From looking at this set, it looks like it's more suitable for glamour shots, like the kind that people would create and sell in collections rather than day-to-day game development. But who knows? I am looking forward to playing around with them to see what they can do.
HDRIs? xD
Btw, this one looks interesting and might be more useful:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
HDRIs? xD
Btw, this one looks interesting and might be more useful:
That is the beauty of this particular free promo. Unlike other recent promotions where there was only a free item or a selection of a paltry few items, this promo has 125 items to choose from. Something for just about everyone. Another free asset showed up for PC+ members today as well. It's only free if you are a PC+ member, but with the recent sales and discounts, I suspect more users here have taken that plunge.

Smbt3D

Nov 3, 2019
and they do nothing you can't recreate with other light sources.

Slightly disagree ;), imo these (meshlights) are sometimes useful as "ghostlights" and you can do really weird stuff then, even render through an invisible meshlight.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Maybe HDRI isn't the right word? HDR Presets? Here:

View attachment 640595
HDR = High Dynamic Range
+ I = Image
so yes, it's a hdr preset, but not a hdri^^

Slightly disagree ;), imo these (meshlights) are sometimes useful as "ghostlights" and you can do really weird stuff then, even render through an invisible meshlight.
You can render through pointlight as well and it doesn't have a mesh, but you're right with the "weird stuff", that's what I meant with my edit^^
The problem with most (premade) meshlights is that they have waaaaaay too many polys, which adds a lot to the render time because every single poly is basically a light source on its own. Plus usually it doesn't even make a big difference in the resulting render.

/smartypants off :LOL:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The over at Daz3D comes along with more gifts. Specifically, a free $6 off coupon on Daz Originals which can yield a free or almost-free item from the store for non-PC members (code: SIX-FOR-MAY), and (for the third month), the ability to use the $6 off coupon on Daz originals for PC members three times (code: 05-20PLATCLUB). They are also offering 40% off of PC membership if you don't already have it with the purchase of a new release.

Just a quick note on how you can use these coupons. When you log into Daz3D, you can go to the Fast Grab section (70%) off. Once you have them listed, click the "don't show items I own" then click the "Save 6 PA Coupon" filter on the top. This will show you all of the items that you can get using your Save 6 on Daz Originals coupon. The top one that comes up, Fawne Character for Genesis 8 Female is $5.99. If you click that, then go to your checkout page and enter the appropriate coupon code (SIX-FOR-MAY if not a PC+ member, 05-20PLATCLUB if you are a PC+ member), the total will reset to zero, making the item free.

If the items in that section do not meet your fancy, you can go to ANY section in the Daz 3D store and click the Save 6 PA Coupon filter, then organize by price to see the items you can select for free (or as close to free as you want) from that section). I just thought I would add this additional information so that people can see that this offer can be a free offer, depending on how you choose to use it.

(After testing this quite a bit, I found mixed success, but eventually found a bunch of goodies I could get for free, including several HD male models for Genesis 8 Male and some iRay shaders, which I can never seem to have enough of. Your mileage may vary ... if it says the Save 6 Plat coupon is not eligible for that item, try other items until you find ones that it will work on).

Last edited:
Reactions: recreation

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
The over at Daz3D comes along with more gifts. Specifically, a free $6 off coupon on Daz Originals which can yield a free or almost-free item from the store for non-PC members (code: SIX-FOR-MAY), and (for the third month), the ability to use the $6 off coupon on Daz originals for PC members three times (code: 05-20PLATCLUB). They are also offering 40% off of PC membership if you don't already have it with the purchase of a new release.

Just a quick note on how you can use these coupons. When you log into Daz3D, you can go to the Fast Grab section (70%) off. Once you have them listed, click the "don't show items I own" then click the "Save 6 PA Coupon" filter on the top. This will show you all of the items that you can get using your Save 6 on Daz Originals coupon. The top one that comes up, Fawne Character for Genesis 8 Female is $5.99. If you click that, then go to your checkout page and enter the appropriate coupon code (SIX-FOR-MAY if not a PC+ member, 05-20PLATCLUB if you are a PC+ member), the total will reset to zero, making the item free.

If the items in that section do not meet your fancy, you can go to ANY section in the Daz 3D store and click the Save 6 PA Coupon filter, then organize by price to see the items you can select for free (or as close to free as you want) from that section). I just thought I would add this additional information so that people can see that this offer can be a free offer, depending on how you choose to use it.

(After testing this quite a bit, I found mixed success, but eventually found a bunch of goodies I could get for free, including several HD male models for Genesis 8 Male and some iRay shaders, which I can never seem to have enough of. Your mileage may vary ... if it says the Save 6 Plat coupon is not eligible for that item, try other items until you find ones that it will work on).
weird I can't get the pc+ coupon to work

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
On Cinco de Mayo, Daz3D throws everyone a Cinco de Lime-O (a free lime). A de mas, they throw in a $5 coupon good on any Daz Original (code: CINCO-FREEO) and a 5% off everything in your cart (CINCO-4-ALL). Note that both coupons do have limitations, but the CINCO-FREEO coupon can be used on most Daz Originals at or under $5, meaning that the items are free. I snagged myself a nice little Beach Cafe for free as a result. Happy hunting!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, I was lookiing for some cosplay resources, and came across this page...

He's done/converted a LOT of cosplay related characters, BUT they are in .tga format.

I haven't messed much with .tga, so I have no idea how well it plays with Blender, or Poser/Daz Studio for that matter. If the models can be imported in some fashion, either directly or via an intermediate step, say .obj, this could be interesting for background characters or similar use cases, say in a wax museum scene or something... or as a 'reference' character to look at while you attempt to dial in your own Daz Studio version of said character...

Cosplay usage rights are usually questionable, but for 'free' fan art it's a thought...

Has anyone else here messed with .tga files recently?

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes