Free stuff for Daz 3D

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Hi, I'm sorry if this is not the right place to ask this, but this seem like the closest thing to an official Daz thread.

Is the Platinum Club worth it? It says 30% off; does that discount add up? I have some items on my wishlist that are 60% off right now. Will they be 90% off with a PC membership?

Everything OhWee said is absolutely true. I reckon that if you are going to spend any amount of money on the DAZ store you may as well spend it on a PC membership first. Aside from the monthly and weekly freebies, and the monthly coupons which can also result in free items, DAZ sometimes just gives PC members additional free stuff or super discounts. With the current crisis I can't afford to spend any money on Daz right now, but the PC membership is still providing excellent value.

First thing, buy the membership when it is on sale at least 30-40% off, which is fairly regular (my last extension was 50% off). Second, wait for a Gift Card sale that you give to yourself, at least 10% off but you usually don't have too wait long for 20% off. This will give you store credit at a cheaper price, and never buy anything unless you use this cheaper store credit. Once you are a PC member, never buy a Daz original for less than 70% off. Everything in the store will go on sale regularly so even on Premier Artist items, never pay full price. This is concludes Daz Economics 101.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Renderosity is much more straightforward. If you decide to buy a Prime membership, this results in more 'cash back' points than if you don't have a Prime membership, plus a freebie each month, and a one use 20% off monthly coupon that is good for a number of items, but not all of them. Some Renderosity items do not allow coupons, particularly when they are on sale, although other sale items may allow for coupons. It's pretty hit and miss.

The Monthly freebies are pretty 'meh' for the most part, but they are freebies, so...

Prime membership also gives you 'Prime' prices on some items, but sometimes the 'sale discount' will end up being lower than the 'Prime' price.

Overall, I'd say that a Prime membership is only valuable if you plan to shop regularly at Renderosity. Mid-month coupons do also show up as well that aren't 'Prime' coupons, sometimes for more than 20% off. You do earn 'cash back' points on purchases without the Prime membership as well, just less of them. Renderosity does have a number of sexier outfits and such though, so at least for the first year Prime may be worth it. After that, it'll all come down to how often you think you'll be doing purchases there.

It's much easier to shop at the Renderosity store than it is at the Daz store. Just watch the daily blog for new sales, and if a sale looks particularly good, say 60% off or more, it might be worth jumping on if you want items in that sale. The 'cash back' points allow you to purchase gift certificates once you earn enough points, in $5 increments, which helps reduce the cost of purchases down the road.

Renderosity also posts end dates on their sales, which I appreciate very much.

One other note. It's a good idea to wishlist stuff at Renderosity, as they do have a couple of sales every year where your wishlist items are 50% off. Not an overly huge discount, but it's worth noting nonetheless.

As for Renderotica... others may have some thoughts on that. They do have sales, but the discounts are usually much lower than what you see at Daz3D or Renderosity.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, well it's not exactly free but it's pretty freakin' close. Daz has the and s on sale for $1.99 each. As with all Pro bundles, these come with a load of hair, clothing, expressions, poses, and even other models to boot. Too good of an opportunity to pass up on.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Ok, well it's not exactly free but it's pretty freakin' close. Daz has the and s on sale for $1.99 each. As with all Pro bundles, these come with a load of hair, clothing, expressions, poses, and even other models to boot. Too good of an opportunity to pass up on.
Not for me sadly :/
1591042768694.png 1591042789826.png

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Hmmmm ... I wonder if this a Platinum Plus-specific sale? I found it because of the alert emails I get from the ATI price comparison plugin and I haven't seen any other mention of it on the Daz site (which is kind of surprising as they usually promote things like this pretty heavily). I have like 20 pages of items at $1.99 each, but most (if not all) of them are older stuff, Genesis 1 through 3 as far as I can see.

Reactions: recreation

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
Free for the moment but didnt show up when searching for 100% so.... (maybe pc+)

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
hi i am currently converting a g3 model to g8, the result is coming along well, but the nipple is off-center. is there a way to central (easily)?
Annotazione 2020-06-12 174629.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: seamanq

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Inquiry for anyone following this thread regularly:

I'm thinking that, since this thread is mostly about freebies, that the 'Daz sale' posts probably should have a similar but separate thread.

Also, since the Daz3D forum moderators regularly delete any posts with coupon codes, which is relevant as Daz3D sometimes posts up coupon codes on Facebook and not all of us are doing the Facebook thing these days for whatever reasons, I'm curious as to if any of you ARE still watching Facebook, and may watch the Daz3D Facebook page, as well as other social media outlets for that site.

The goal here, of course, would be to start a thread where people can post up deals as they discover them, without fear of the Daz3D moderators deleting such posts, as they seem to do regularly. Yes, this is a buccaneer forum, but a number of us 'developer/artist' types around here do buy the models (eventually), so there are people where that may not have time to track all of the Daz Studio related deals on Daz3D, Renderosity, Etc. but might appreciate a heads up via a 'watch notification' of such a thread on this forum.

As I'm not doing the social media thing for the most part, yeah I'm not 'that peep'. Just wondering if anyone else around here does keep an eye on the Daz3D facebook, etc. that might not mind posting up coupon codes and such as they notice them, as their own time permits...

I don't mind contributing to such a thread, mainly to point out when discounts being offered in some sale I may check out might be particularly noteworthy, when I do stumble across such things, but yeah I'm thinking that there may be others out there that are more 'hungry' about finding Daz deals than I am these days.

Anyone around here game for such a thing? Besides Seamanq and Recreation, they are pretty busy these days with other stuff from what I've heard, although I'm sure they'd chime in occasionally still.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note r.e. today's Daz sale with the Ashan 8 Pro Bundle.

The 'buy in' for max discounts isn't too steep if you go for the add on textures, and you can get up to 6 other Pro bundles (1 G8, 2 G3, 3 G2) with your purchase. Plus, there's a 50% off coupon in play, which combined with the 76% off Daz Originals items included in the sale (if Plat Club) from featured artists, you may be able to find a few good deals depending on what you are looking for...

Plat Club membership definitely helps with the prices in this sale. So yeah, technically not free, but 7 pro bundles for the price of one, with a decent discount on the Ashan bundle to boot, yeah it might be worth a look!

Of course, if you own most/all of the featured G2/3/8 bundles already, or parts thereof, you might end up with less than 7 bundles (I alreaady owned all but 2 of the featured G2 bundles, and owned most of the items from my last two choices already), so that'll affect the value of this sale, and of course you might not be interested in certain bundles, but for most other Daz shoppers...

Turns out that this was a sales glitch. The Daz sales team intended that you could pick 1 G8 bundle, 2 G3 bundles OR 3 G2 bundles, but a few of us that jumped right on this ended up with 5-6 pro bundles instead of just 1-3... them's the breaks, folks! So now it's now just an 'OK' offer, not the awesome offer that it was before...

Note that if you happen to visit the Daz store just after Daz midnight, and see a killer offer (like this one) don't be afraid to jump on it early! Sometimes that cuts the other way as well of course (a coupon might show up later that morning that improves the sale) so it's a judgement call, but once you've completed your purchase, regardless of what the Daz sales team was shooting for, well it's still a legitimate purchase. No Takesies Backsies by the Daz Sales team (ever), at least not that I've ever heard about, once your checkout cart is processed. Of course, if you end up getting overcharged, that's another story, and by all means submit a customer service ticket for the difference, they will usually honor such things in your favor.

Note that PC+ memberships are also 40% off (no prereq item required), which is pretty decent discount wise if you were thinking about snagging a PC+ membership. So you could grab a membership if you don't have one already, then go back and get better discounts on the Ashan 8 sale (in a separate order from your membership purchase). Sometimes you will see 50% off PC+ memberships, but with the stuff on sale right now, might be worth it to 'eat' the additional $7...

Last edited:
Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I just did a slight edit to the OP, based on the most recent conversations. The spirit of this thread is frugality, and while the topic of the thread is "free stuff", sharing information regarding sales, offers, discounts, and other ways to get things free or almost free is within the spirit of the thread. That having been said, I won't be taking discussions about temporary sales and adding them to the OP, but anyone who is here is welcome to share or discuss really good sales or offers they happen to run across on Daz3D, Renderosity, Facebook, or any other site. Happy hunting, gang!

Reactions: recreation

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note:

Pretty much the entire Renderosity store is 50% off, from now until 11:59pm cdt Thursday July 2nd.

With these Exceptions:
** Everything in the MarketPlace will be marked down by 50% with the exception of: software, extended license products, Prime Membership, Gift Certificates and store services. Some vendors may choose not to participate.*

Note that if you are a Prime member, and haven't used your 20% off coupon for this month/next month yet, it might help with some of the items on sale...

Also, Rhiannon has this new character on sale for 50% off (until 11:59PM cdt Fri July 3rd), and you'll automatically get the Poet's shirt with your purchase as part of this sale:

MercyShirtRenderosity.jpg MercyNudeRenderosity.jpg

And, On the Daz3D store end:
The June PC+ sale has been extended for two more days.

Unfortunately, the $1.99 sale items are gone (although a bunch of them are being offered again @ $2.99 now), but most of the PA's stores are included in the sale for 50% off (for PC+ members, 76% off most of their DO's as well), plus an extra 10% off if you pick any debut or still new release, plus another 10% off for Plat Club Members.

Note that there are 350 items in the 'Still new' category (minus what you may have bought already), including some cheaper PC+ items if you are looking for a 'cheap buy-in' item.

Plat Club memberships are still on sale at 40% off (buy that first if you don't have it and want it, then start a new cart to enjoy the additional savings)

There are also a number of Medieval items on sale at 70% off (around 84% off if PC+) if you buy a 'not very cheap debut new' item, and the Ashwan8/Bullwarg8/Pride Bundle sales are still running with some deals. The 'add on items' for Bullwarg 8's max pro bundle discount are a bit pricey, although it may be a decent deal with just some other random 'Debut/Still New' release if you are looking for an anthropomorphic frog depending on if you have a purple banner in play, etc... Note that the Pride Bundle has some 'gender bending' morphs included btw for those looking for such things...

The BYOB/8 items for $2.99 for PC+ members might also be worth a look. Remember to check the Daz store freebies pages while you are there, in case you might have not been paying attention recently (no new freebies, just a friendly reminder).

Yes this is just wrapping up the sale that's been running all month, but it might be worth one last look... note that it might be worth waiting untl later in the day (Daz store time) to see if any 'coupon offers' show up.

As for Renderotica:

Probably best to just link you to the Store Sales page. A few of the vendors are running 50% off sales right now, some of those sales will end on July first:

So yeah, not free (although some freebies may be floating around), but this might be a good time to check all three stores for some fairly decent deals on stuff that you may have wishlisted or whatever.

Carry on!
;)

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A quick followup to my last post:

At Daz3D right now, you can get 20% off a gift card, or 28% off with 2 debut releases. The debut items aren't really cheap, but there are several options for less than $10. So, assuming say $16 in 'debut items', you'd need to buy a gift cart over $200 to 'recoup' the $16 investment and see a benefit.

Note that if you buy a new release today, Daz3D will throw in Daz Dragon 3 for free (if you don't have Dragon 3 already). Also, if you buy King's Laundromat as one of your 'Debut' items, you can get two select clothing items for free as well.

Use your best judgement on this, might be an idea if your store credit is running low...

This pose set is fun...

There's a couple of other changes to the sale, but the Build Your Own Bundle for $2.99 is gone now. Anyways, might be worth a looksee...

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
hello, usually to set the brightness in my scenes I use "pre-packaged" HDRs, because I don't know where and how to set them. where are the settings (I guess in Render Setting, but I don't know which values affect the brightness)? Is there a fairly accurate tutorial on "ambient lighting (HDR)"?

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes