Free stuff for Daz 3D

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Another merchant site with a large amount of free stuff in obj, fbx, dae, etc for daz import and in other formats that we can expect to be supported soon in some way in daz studio like mb or c4d.

They claim 7k free items. After a rapid browse, the average quality is fair but seems slightly below similar sites like cgtrader or renderhub. There are though some outstanding items.

Absolutely no item is in native daz format.

You need to register to download but you get 6 free items/week on registration.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note.

Right now, there's a 30% off entire cart coupon on the Daz3d.com store page. It does work on gift cards at the moment, and is only usable once.

There are no 'prereq purchases' required, so I'd suggest just grabbing the gift card, and then applying the '30% savings' to whatever you may be planning to buy at the moment after you've completed the gift card purchase, using the gift card store credit you just banked.

30% off of a gift card is a very good deal (there have been better ones, just not recently)., so this might be a good excuse to recharge your store credit.

Carry on!

Reactions: seamanq and Boogie

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Just a note.

Right now, there's a 30% off entire cart coupon on the Daz3d.com store page. It does work on gift cards at the moment, and is only usable once.

There are no 'prereq purchases' required, so I'd suggest just grabbing the gift card, and then applying the '30% savings' to whatever you may be planning to buy at the moment after you've completed the gift card purchase, using the gift card store credit you just banked.

30% off of a gift card is a very good deal (there have been better ones, just not recently)., so this might be a good excuse to recharge your store credit.

Carry on!
I just spent my first dollar on Daz since the pandemic and bought the gift card with 30% off, and also bought an item in the 20% off gift card sale. They did indeed stack so I got 44% off on the GC! That's the best discount I've ever had, but it does require a GC of $200 USD. My total was $123 USD for the $200 GC and one asset.

If that's too much money for you then you can get a smaller GC for 37% off as long as you buy one item.

Reactions: seamanq

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Good to know that the other sale gift card discount stacks. Interactive licenses don't interest me, so I wasn't keeping an eye on that sale. Of course, you do need to buy a new item from the interactive license sale, but if you are spending a fair amount on the gift card, that extra 14% discount may more than offset the cost of the new item. If my math is correct, a 200 dollar plus gift card will still end up with at least a 7% extra discount, if you subtract the cost of that item.

So yeah, buy something from the interactive sale, even if you aren't sure you will ever use it (if it's less than say $28 dollars), to get the extra % on your $200+ gift card purchase!

Thanks for the heads up!

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
A free height map generator (can come handy if you use Daz/ultra scenery) :

TerreSculptor is 100% free to use.
This software is “Open Use” and can be used at no cost for personal or commercial or academic use.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Gift Card sale at Daz3D today:

Short form, buy a gift card over $300, get 25% off that gift card, AND pick $50 of select Daz Originals (over 8500 to choose from, minus those that you may own already) for free...

It looks like a lot of those select DO's are 66% off ATM...

So, something vaguely like maybe 41% off if you min-max the 25% discount for the $50 of DO's... ($50 is 1/6th of $300). Of course, this means anything you buy with the store credit you bank from the gift card will essentially be $25% off. Not the biggest GC discount we've seen, but 25% is respectable, and the $50 in freebies helps.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Free NSFW chars and props at smutbase
Most are for blender, but NSFW free items are not so sommon and there are ~500 items.
You can also have a look at the companion sites with free SFW items &

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Dunno if I posted this here already, but I think not, it's nice to add some camera filter and even a bokeh effect:
used in all of them:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

edit: no post in any of the render, this is how the render looked with the camera effects and some tweaking in render settings.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, this isn't the purpose of this thread, but I have a request for the thread regulars around here:

It looks like Anain's presence at Renderosity has been removed. I'm looking for a specific freebie that Anain had offered, the Donyale Dress. Others have created textures for said dress that are available as freebies, I'm not referring to those. This relates to fan art for a Parental Love character (Emily).

If the thread regulars around here don't mind, could you kindly see if you downloaded the dress back when it was available as a freebie, and if so check to see if you still have the freebie download package?

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I am not sure what is going on over at Daz 3D, but I got an alert from ATI that a bunch of products had hit their lowest price in the past year. What I found in the list, which is considerable, is a crapload of older products (V4 related, Gen 2 and 3) but a ton of bundles for $1. The "easy," if you can call it that, way to find these is go to the main page and sort by price low to high. I also found a ton of things for .97, but they weren't bundles. If you are looking for any of these bundles, it may be a good time to snap them up for $1 each, which may not necessarily be free, but its pretty stinkin' cheap.

Reactions: recreation

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I am not sure what is going on over at Daz 3D, but I got an alert from ATI that a bunch of products had hit their lowest price in the past year. What I found in the list, which is considerable, is a crapload of older products (V4 related, Gen 2 and 3) but a ton of bundles for $1. The "easy," if you can call it that, way to find these is go to the main page and sort by price low to high. I also found a ton of things for .97, but they weren't bundles. If you are looking for any of these bundles, it may be a good time to snap them up for $1 each, which may not necessarily be free, but its pretty stinkin' cheap.
It's the 2 day PC+ mega sale. Here's the banner:

2daymegasale.jpg

Link to that sale page:

HOWEVER, I am seeing a bunch of older items for less than $1, some for as cheap as say 42 cents... that aren't listed in the sales link above. This MAY be a store glitch, so if any of those cheap items interest you, grab them now just in case...

The 40% of PC+ memberships is also of note for those that may need to renew soon. You can hold out for 50% off, but if you are lucky enough to have the 'Bought Bundles/20% off entire order' purple banner in play, that'll get you a bit over 50% on that membership discount, at least that's what the math says.

• Star-struck

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
The PC+ membership sale is only for non-members so can't take an advantage of it if you are still on your PC+ sub. And probably smarter to wait for next month when the PC+ anniversary sale comes, if it is like last year (or during march madness) you can get the annual around $15.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The PC+ membership sale is only for non-members so can't take an advantage of it if you are still on your PC+ sub. And probably smarter to wait for next month when the PC+ anniversary sale comes, if it is like last year (or during march madness) you can get the annual around $15.
It'd be nice to get annual for that cheap. There was a tiny window in the last year where it was over 50% off briefly, but that's the only time I've seen that recently. My point here is that your $15 figure may be more of an anomaly than something people should expect. The 'only for non-members' thing is definitely relevant info though, thanks for pointing that out!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I love the play on words in this product... the product description text is priceless!

:ROFLMAO:

piratebootystar.jpg

Every time I see Star and Cookie stuff, I want to put those gals in sexy fun time situations...

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Not really, $22 year ago for my first PC+, extended this year during march madness for $14 roughly, and it went around $15 during PC+ anniversary last year. And around Christmas it was around $20 again.

But like all sales with Daz they are odd, at times the annual PC+ gets 50% discount and they don't announce it, then they add some sort of discount like 30% off the entire cart and it works for not only for the membership but also gift cards. And unless you specifically look for it you miss it easily. But being fair here, there has been way less "flash sales" this year then there was year ago, so less chances to get good sales that stack.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Not really, $22 year ago for my first PC+, extended this year during march madness for $14 roughly, and it went around $15 during PC+ anniversary last year. And around Christmas it was around $20 again.

But like all sales with Daz they are odd, at times the annual PC+ gets 50% discount and they don't announce it, then they add some sort of discount like 30% off the entire cart and it works for not only for the membership but also gift cards. And unless you specifically look for it you miss it easily. But being fair here, there has been way less "flash sales" this year then there was year ago, so less chances to get good sales that stack.
Were there prereq items involved in those situations? Sometimes the 'buy in' doesn't make the extra discount worth it unless you really want those items.

And again, that's why I used the word 'anomoly'. You have to watch really close for those rare times when discount stacking on steroids pops up, and as you've noted, the Daz sales team has been a LOT more careful about that as of late, with a few exceptions that generally don't last for more than a day at best.

Keep in mind that you may end up watching your membership expire first while you are hoping for the stars align. That happened to me a couple of years ago, while I was hoping for even 'just' a 50% off membership sale. Ended up entering March Madness without a membership, and it was a couple of weeks into MM before memberships went on sale... roll your dice and take your chances. That's before I had confirmed that you can renew your memberships early, say 6 months in advance if the sale justifies it. Glad that you were able to get your memberships for that cheap, my point is that's more the 'exception' than the rule.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Were there prereq items involved in those situations? Sometimes the 'buy in' doesn't make the extra discount worth it unless you really want those items.

And again, that's why I used the word 'anomoly'. You have to watch really close for those rare times when discount stacking on steroids pops up, and as you've noted, the Daz sales team has been a LOT more careful about that as of late, with a few exceptions that generally don't last for more than a day at best.

Keep in mind that you may end up watching your membership expire first while you are hoping for the stars align. That happened to me a couple of years ago, while I was hoping for even 'just' a 50% off membership sale. Ended up entering March Madness without a membership, and it was a couple of weeks into MM before memberships went on sale... roll your dice and take your chances. That's before I had confirmed that you can renew your memberships early, say 6 months in advance if the sale justifies it. Glad that you were able to get your memberships for that cheap, my point is that's more the 'exception' than the rule.
Actually I checked this since it was bugging me, it was on February 4th this year, there was a flash sale with 60% off up to 4 items which didn't exclude PC+ membership, just PC+ items. The whole cart with 4 items ended up costing only $24 (including the membership), so there was some sort of extra discount going on, but I forgot what it was.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018

Right after COVID-19 took hold, Daz3D did a bunch of sales that were really quite good. The last few months what they have been offering is "meh" at best. Even the current sale is deep discounts on ancient content, Genesis, Genesis 2, and Genesis 3 models. And even the "freebies" they have been offering are pretty thin. That's why it is so critical to find good sources of free Daz3D content and other materials that can easily be converted to Daz3D for use.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Boogie and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Actually I checked this since it was bugging me, it was on February 4th this year, there was a flash sale with 60% off up to 4 items which didn't exclude PC+ membership, just PC+ items. The whole cart with 4 items ended up costing only $24 (including the membership), so there was some sort of extra discount going on, but I forgot what it was.
As I remember, that was more like a 'blink' sale, as in blink and you missed it. I remember seeing the posts about that sale after the fact and lamenting that I had missed it. It may have actually ran for a few hours, but there are days when I don't check the Daz3D website due to having real life stuff going on...

• Haha
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes