Free stuff for Daz 3D

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
If you are interested, Daz3D is offering a for Cararra 8.5. This software, which lists at $285 is being offered for $13. Since it is a Daz Original, the $6 off of Daz Original coupon could be applied as well. This comes with a bundle of software including Michael 5, Victoria 5, several V5 and M5 models, hair, and more, so if you are interested in anything in the bundle it may be worth looking at.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
And in , there is new stuff. Mostly shaders (which is most valuable if you have the stuff they are supposed to be shading) but there is also a free Zigzag dress.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
seamanq

You may want to note for others that a lot of those freebies are for Carrera. It'd be nice if Daz was still supporting Carrera, it's been a few years since the last Carrera update AFAIK (2012-2016?)

A lot of the Carrera afficionados that absolutely love that software are annoyed that it's been forgotten. I've seen some cool Carrera renders, and do have Carrera, but haven't seriously tried to learn it as Daz Studio does what I need.

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
seamanq

You may want to note for others that a lot of those freebies are for Carrera. It'd be nice if Daz was still supporting Carrera, it's been a few years since the last Carrera update AFAIK (2012-2016?)

A lot of the Carrera afficionados that absolutely love that software are annoyed that it's been forgotten. I've seen some cool Carrera renders, and do have Carrera, but haven't seriously tried to learn it as Daz Studio does what I need.
I was not aware of that. Thank you for providing that additional information.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Teknology3D site has many freebies (mostly props and clothes). Besides that it sells very cheap items (chars, clothing, etc). Most are are at .99 or 1.99, and there is a 50% sale presently...

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Just found the personal website of Predatron of DAZ3D fame. He is offering traffic cones, a basketball and an outdoor lighting set for free. He is also selling his BF109 fighter which he apparently pulled from the DAZ3D store, and if like me you already own this from the Daz store he will freely give you some new textures he has for it.

I also really enjoyed reading his blog entries about his projects and processes.

Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

sissyhigashi

Sep 20, 2019
Not sure if this one has been shared, but I use it often enough and it turns out it's a freebie...

View attachment 465485

For those that like extremely low cloth to skin ratios, but still want to sorta kinda cover the naughty bits...
link is no longer available. did you happen to save it? THank you.

sissyhigashi

Sep 20, 2019
Looks like everyone is jumping on the Freebie bandwagon.

Hivewire is now giving away their house cat (along with a few other less interesting items):

they have some much freebies that expire this month. if you sign up, you get 1500 points - which is like $15? credit?

BlueDick

Apr 3, 2020
hello, guys.
i'm trying to create a lighting in an indoor room. to create this scene i used a floor near the ceiling with almost invisible lighting.
I would like the "reflex" of the sun on the bed, I tried to use a lighthouse but it doesn't work, you could help me.
Anyway, if you have other suggestions to light the scene, I'm just glad.
Immagine 2020-09-24 102422.png

I'm not sure this is the right place for these questions, in case warn me.

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
hello, guys.
i'm trying to create a lighting in an indoor room. to create this scene i used a floor near the ceiling with almost invisible lighting.
I would like the "reflex" of the sun on the bed, I tried to use a lighthouse but it doesn't work, you could help me.
View attachment 830526

Maybe try a Ghostlight with a different light color tint than white.
Create new primitive -> Sphere -> set opacity under surface tab to 0.0001 -> change the emission parameters.

BlueDick

Apr 3, 2020
Maybe try a Ghostlight with a different light color tint than white.
Create new primitive -> Sphere -> set opacity under surface tab to 0.0001 -> change the emission parameters.
I put the ball out the right window?

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
I put the ball out the right window?
You could put the sphere whereever you want but since you want a light reflex on the bed i
suggest to position it somewhere above it or somewhere around the bed area in general.
Or put a spotlight above the bed looking top down, that could work too.

Reactions: AlphaLewisX

BlueDick

Apr 3, 2020
Reactions: Black Ram oss

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
hello, guys.
View attachment 830526

BlueDick This is off topic for this thread. You will be much more likely to get a lot of help at this 3D software help and assistance thread instead. You are more than welcome to talk about free stuff for Daz3D here, however.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes