Free stuff for Daz 3D

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
hello, usually to set the brightness in my scenes I use "pre-packaged" HDRs, because I don't know where and how to set them. where are the settings (I guess in Render Setting, but I don't know which values affect the brightness)? Is there a fairly accurate tutorial on "ambient lighting (HDR)"?
Wrong thread ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Black Ram oss

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Reportedly there's a free $10(?) gift card coupon code being offered via the Daz3D Facebook atm, according to a Daz3D forum post. I'm not seeing it on their Facebook page, but I don't have a Facebook account and apparently it shows up in the 'feed'...

The page below talks about a 20% off on poses, but that offer expired a few days ago...

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Reportedly there's a free $10(?) gift card coupon code being offered via the Daz3D Facebook atm, according to a Daz3D forum post. I'm not seeing it on their Facebook page, but I don't have a Facebook account and apparently it shows up in the 'feed'...

The page below talks about a 20% off on poses, but that offer expired a few days ago...
I couldn't find the code on FB either, but someone on the DAZ site posted the code to complain that it didn't work for them. Too bad, but it worked for me!

Give it a try:

OH-SWEET-10

Reactions: recreation

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note. Today's a (good) weird day for discount stacking at Daz. The Kayo 8 Pro bundle sale may or may not stack with other sales, and if you were lucky enough to have bought all the Michaels being offered in the Michael sale already, there may be a purple banner coupon in your inbox for extra % off your entire cart.

The really deep discounts relate to vintage items (primarily M4/V4 era stuff), but if you end up going for the Kayo 8 pro bundle with 4 addon items (which admittedly is a pretty steep buy-in, a bit over $50 dollars, even with the Michael purple banner coupon), well you get $15 off in six categories, and that's where the discount stacking might get weird...

Note that the Michael related purple banner is a 'today only' thing if you ended up getting it.

There are multiple sales with 70% off categories, and one 90% off category, some of the items in these sales are in similar categories in other sales. Primarily vintage items, but say if you were considering the (V4 era) Medusa bundle, well the 70% off @ 11.99 from the Kayo 8 sale drops a lot further, to less than a buck/98% off with the extra 90% off in the 'Flexibile' sale . Of course, you'll need to pick a new item from the 'Flexibile' sale to stack the discounts, and there's an 8 item limit from the 70% off category to be mindful of.

Those $15 off each category in the Kayo 8 Pro + 4 addons sale ($90 total) is a bit tricky too, as you'll either end up picking something that's less than $15 in a category, or might go over a bit to maximize your '$15 off' and end up spending a little more money. One of the $15 off categories overlaps with the 70% off category in other sales as well, which may mess with your Cart Jenga zen a bit...

If the Kayo 8 pro bundle doesn't interest you, understandable, just be aware that you'll lose some of the discount stacking.

Alternatively, if you haven't acquired some/all of the Michael characters as of yet, you can get all of them for free with a buy-in from the Michael sale. I'm assuming it's just the base characters, from the wording of the sale (I've had M4-8 for a while now, so that part of the sale is 'blank' for me).

So overall, you'll end up spending some money if you want to take advantage of this, hence the associated'freebies' aren't really free. My point is that if Daz discount Cart Jenga is your thing, are looking for a distraction this evening (Daz/MDT time), and there's some older stuff on your wishlist or that otherwise looks interesting to you, yeah it might be worth a visit to the Daz store today.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
its illegal to download from 3d load ?
Technically, yes, unless for some reason the item they are offering was already free. You'll need to 'follow the link' to the associated product page that is shown on the 3dLoad product listing page to see what it retails for...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I am surprised that no post in this thread mentions the cgtrader site. I went there and the amount of free content is just **insane**.
Most are not for Daz studio but include an obj/mtl or can be easily imported (fbx, etc). Of course, no genesis character or clothing. But for props or envs, people should really have a look.
But the look may take some time. The are 6000+ pages, each with 36 free 3D models and most are professional with a good quality...

To download anything, you have to create an account and there is a 15s timer before a download.

Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I am surprised that no post in this thread mentions the cgtrader site. I went there and the amount of free content is just **insane**.
Most are not for Daz studio but include an obj/mtl or can be easily imported (fbx, etc). Of course, no genesis character or clothing. But for props or envs, people should really have a look.
But the look may take some time. The are 6000+ pages, each with 36 free 3D models and most are professional with a good quality...

To download anything, you have to create an account and there is a 15s timer before a download.
I thought for sure that I had added it to the original post, but it is not there. I have tried on other sites to download and import OBJ and MTL files with varying success. The more complex an item, the lower the possibility is that it will come into Daz3D cleanly. That being said, hey, the price is right. I have added it to the original post now. Thank you amster22 for your contribution and welcome to the conversation!

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note since we are talking about .objs. Apparently mcasual (the site of whom I believe is linked in the OP already) has come up with a script that can 'read' an obj with a single combined surface texture, and split the various areas into separate groups. It's not perfect, but may save some time if you are one of those people that likes to swap out textures for parts of an object:

So it could save you some time if you usually use the geometry editor for such things...

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I have tried on other sites to download and import OBJ and MTL files with varying success. The more complex an item, the lower the possibility is that it will come into Daz3D cleanly.
I downloaded a couple of fbx from cgtrader. The first one was messed up and would require a large work to fix. But there was no major problem with the second one which was more complex. It is a very large living/dining/kitchen space with a glass canopy and an attic with a bedroom and a small office, all nicely furnished with many details. It required to be rescaled and rotated and it needs a large reshading, but for something probably worth 25$ at daz or 15$ at rendero, the price is really right.

The main problem is the crazy amount of stuff. 200k free items is 5x the number of paying items on daz3d. There must be some gems among them, but finding them is a matter of luck.

BTW, does anyone knows which is the more reliable importer for DS? Many models have fbx dae and obj and DS can directly import them. If none is present, it is also possible to convert unsupported other formats like 3ds or max to one supported format on anyconv.com or another converter site. Which is the most reliable way to proceed? Is there some method that preserves rigging?

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I downloaded a couple of fbx from cgtrader. The first one was messed up and would require a large work to fix. But there was no major problem with the second one which was more complex. It is a very large living/dining/kitchen space with a glass canopy and an attic with a bedroom and a small office, all nicely furnished with many details. It required to be rescaled and rotated and it needs a large reshading, but for something probably worth 25$ at daz or 15$ at rendero, the price is really right.

The main problem is the crazy amount of stuff. 200k free items is 5x the number of paying items on daz3d. There must be some gems among them, but finding them is a matter of luck.

BTW, does anyone knows which is the more reliable importer for DS? Many models have fbx dae and obj and DS can directly import them. If none is present, it is also possible to convert unsupported other formats like 3ds or max to one supported format on anyconv.com or another converter site. Which is the most reliable way to proceed? Is there some method that preserves rigging?
An idea is to use Hexagon as an in between intermediary, but I have had very limited success with that route. I really cannot provide definitive recommendations. I think the problem may just be the serious differences between the different formats.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Using Blender as an intermediary for formats that don't play well with Daz, and saving them as a Daz Studio friendly format is an option. Also, sometimes the online converters do OK. It's definitely a hit or miss thing.

I've used Poser once or twice for this as well, but Poser isn't free, so that may not be an option for most people.

Reactions: seamanq

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
An idea is to use Hexagon as an in between intermediary, but I have had very limited success with that route. I really cannot provide definitive recommendations. I think the problem may just be the serious differences between the different formats.
Hexagon is so frustrating-it has some incredibly powerful modeling features for a free program but also just feels so unfinished and buggy.

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Hexagon is so frustrating-it has some incredibly powerful modeling features for a free program but also just feels so unfinished and buggy.
Yeah. Hexagon, at least to me, is the antithesis of Daz3D. Huge learning curve, and not very user friendly. I guess like anything it would require a time investment to learn it properly. It's just not worth it for me to invest that kind of time just to be able to convert "free" assets, because after all of the time invested, they really aren't free after all. Especially not when there are already so many assets available that are truly free, as is evidenced by the many assets in the OP of this thread that are largely ready to go in Daz3D out the gate.

Reactions: FranceToast

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note:

Daz3D has a BOGO sale going on today. Buy any new release, and get one of these items free:

Looks like it's Genesis 2 or earlier Daz Original items btw on the related list:

So yeah, technically not free, but any new item (including PC+) over $1 will qualify you for the freebie. Usable up to 5 times per customer if I'm reading the tiny print correctly (I'm on a 13" monitor ATM).

The Coupon code is
BOGO-FLASH

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Many interesting free items on renderhub
You must go to the 3D models menu, and sort by price low to high (and the first items are free).

On the general page, you have ~2k free items in obj/fbx/etc that can be imported in DS (mostly high quality props).

If you refine and only look at DAZ items, you have ~100 free items and some are very good (many g8 characters, for instance).

There are also ~300 free HDRIs that can be useful (but several are already on other free HDRI sites).

Besides the free items, there are also some interesting very cheap items (several sexy g8f outfits for 2$, for instance).

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, depending on which of these other programs you may use, today is kind of a big day in Daz Land. You can get bridges to Maya, Blender, 3DSMax and Cinema 4D, for FREE!

I'm guessing that the Blender bridge will be the one most people will care about around here. No idea how well these bridges will work, but it's interesting nonetheless!

It's not entirely clear which content will and won't bridge either. There's a few DO's on the sale page linked above that are advertised as 'Bridge Ready'.

Also, I'm not sure if these will always be free (I would hope so) so you might want to snag these now just in case...

• Love
Reactions: recreation

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
OK, depending on which of these other programs you may use, today is kind of a big day in Daz Land. You can get bridges to Maya, Blender, 3DSMax and Cinema 4D, for FREE!

I'm guessing that the Blender bridge will be the one most people will care about around here. No idea how well these bridges will work, but it's interesting nonetheless!

It's not entirely clear which content will and won't bridge either. There's a few DO's on the sale page linked above that are advertised as 'Bridge Ready'.

Also, I'm not sure if these will always be free (I would hope so) so you might want to snag these now just in case...
They should stay free at least that what I understood from the comments of DAZ employee, and open sourced ( ). There is also bridge to Unreal Engine, it probably comes to the store on later date. And if they stay open source, anyone with c++ compiler just could compile them anyway so bit moot to put a price on them.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes