Free stuff for Daz 3D

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
slicedknight

Your best bet might be to post your request in the Assets Request section:

https://f95zone.to/forums/asset-requests.96/

Occasionally uploaders will share 'free' stuff if it's not readily available at say ShareCG, etc.. I've seen Deviantart artist stuff shared in Asset Releases a few times now...
The Asset Request forum is a sticky wicket, when comparing it to "Free" items. The vast majority of product there are not free at all but are uploaded versions of commercial products. They are ok to use for testing, but I find that keeping track of what I bought and didn't buy gets a lot more challenging when I am using any asset that came from the Asset request thread.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
And again as far as i know the "membership" is FREE they just have it because they suffer a bot attack on their page if you follow their instruccions you can see what i mean but yeah i tried to sign up not long ago and it was in vain because of that
Products uploaded to Zone GFX are pirated versions and you do not get the license to use them (unless you buy them from the original source). Again, this goes back to the concept that just because you can download something without paying for it does not necessarily mean the item is "free." It becomes problematic if you have a commercial game that you are charging for, either through Patronage, Subscribe Star, putting the games on Steam, or elsewhere. Daz3D would have the right to demand that you provide proof of licensing, and use of stolen software (each article of clothing, hair, location, model, is considered software) is a really hefty fine that can range as high as $250,000 per instance, and for businesses, up to $500,000 and five years in jail, according to U.S. law ( ). The aggressively pursues cases of software piracy.

Jul 14, 2018
As far as i know this morph is not a comercial product,
As far as licensing goes, especially when someone is attempting to make a product (like a VN they want to sell), the point of this thread is to post products that have a free and open license for non-commercial and possibly commercial use.

Unless you can point to a license that explicitly states the product is free to use, assume it is not. And I can't find a license anywhere for it.

It's also 100 credits on Zone. If you want it, log in once as you get 100 credits a day on your first login.

Reactions: seamanq

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Came across this HDRI related website today with a small collection of free HDRIs:

Was googling Grand Canyon when I came across this. I haven't tried out any of the HDRIs yet, but a number of them look interesting.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Came across this HDRI related website today with a small collection of free HDRIs:

Was googling Grand Canyon when I came across this. I haven't tried out any of the HDRIs yet, but a number of them look interesting.
We haven't had a nice collection like that submitted in some time. Thanks OhWee for the new update. It has been added to the original post, and a few housekeeping cleanup items have been done as well.

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Up to Friday July 30 (or Sunday August 01 maybe), daz offers a freebie per day. It is not clear if these freebies will remain for more than a day and probably they wont. So check the daz site daily.
Today freebie

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Up to Friday July 30 (or Sunday August 01 maybe), daz offers a freebie per day. It is not clear if these freebies will remain for more than a day and probably they wont. So check the daz site daily.
Today freebie
I normally don't report on these things here because people who shop at Daz should be checking regularly, if you go to the PC+ page (and are a Platinum Club + member), there are two freebies. Not earthshaking (they rarely are) but free is free and it's better than a slap to the face with a fish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baka plays

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm gonna call this one a gray area.

Free space related assets for blender. You'll need an account to download though:

The Falcon Heavy model interests me, but i'm trying to keep my 'join to download' activities down to a minimum. Hence the 'gray area' disclaImer.

I also found these Mars quote 'HDRIs' but they are .pngs not HDR.

The Perseverance rover is in the image, but you can pick angles that don't show it.

Still looking for other decent Mars HDRIs that aren't watermarked or require accounts to download... also the Moon/Luna, etc...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So this is just a note about a freebie creator,

So a few months back Catherine apparently had enough of the overzealous moderators or something at Daz3D.com, and actually took the time to delete her responses in almost all of her posts. She had a lot of posts, so she must have been REALLY pissed off.

I can relate with this, I haven't felt the need to go this far, but I do agree that the Daz3D moderators are out of control sometimes. But I digress.

In any case, Catherine has started to post freebies again here and there in the , saying that 'she's giving it one more go'. She's also including a link to her ShareCG page in her posts, which has just over two pages worth of freebies currently.

This one is notable and relevant to a number of people around here:

I linked this at the top of this post (hyperlink in name) but here is the URL to her freebies gallery again:

I'm mentioning this for people that may have seen some of her older posts in the Daz3D.com freebies section, but have noticed that her posts now simply say 'deleted'. I'm not sure how Catherine feels about re-uploading some of these older freebies if asked, but at least she's made new ones available at ShareCG.

Hopefully she uploads more of her older stuff at some point. Maybe she's uploaded it somewhere else I don't really know, but there's been a few times now where I've checked one of her threads for a more 'vintage' item in the last few months only to see the 'deleted' message in her posts.

Just giving y'all a quick FYI. Don't plan on someone's freebies always being available. If you see something you think might be useful to you, grab it then, because it might not be there later. This happens for a number of reasons (people die, leave this hobby in a mad huff, etc.), but my point is that it DOES happen. I've seens a number of Poserdazfreebies links that are NLA lately...

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Just giving y'all a quick FYI. Don't plan on someone's freebies always being available. If you see something you think might be useful to you, grab it then, because it might not be there later. This happens for a number of reasons (people die, leave this hobby in a mad huff, etc.), but my point is that it DOES happen. I've seens a number of Poserdazfreebies links that are NLA lately...
OhWee ... thanks for your post and especially the reminder to grab 'em while they are still hot. In January of 2019 I found a beautiful whiskey bottle in the freebies section and downloaded it from ShareCG. I went to check on it today, and while the link referencing it is still on Daz3D in the freebies section, the link to ShareCG is dead now. It's a good reminder. Here's the post using the asset: Shane with the whiskey bottle. This also should serve as a reminder to people who use downloaded assets not from Daz3D to have multiple backups of their asset libraries in case of disk failures or other disasters. Offline backups to the cloud would be especially valuable, especially if you are a game developer and you will thank me when it saves your hiney bigtime in the future.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Oh, and a present for people who like free stuff: from Renderotica.

(Thanks OhWee for mentioning the typo).

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm going to call out this freebie(s), as it's particularly notable. Found it on Deviantart.

cast_collection_for_genesis_3_female_by_rizzo_cast_dcwdiwt-pre.jpg

Licensed under Creative Commons (see link above for details...)

Also, just a friendly reminder about Deviantart Daz freebies. Here's a handy link that makes finding a lot of them easier...

There's some non-Daz related stuff there too, might be useful as wall art and such...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Also, just a friendly reminder about Deviantart Daz freebies. Here's a handy link that makes finding a lot of them easier...

There's some non-Daz related stuff there too, might be useful as wall art and such...
I also have another freebie link in DA (the "dazclub"). Some assets are in common, but maybe some are not....

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hey everyone!
seamanq

So, I was browsing the Daz3D.com forum freebies section, and I came across this thread:

Which has this video:

That claims that you can cut your rendering time by 50% or more by doing multi pass rendering, which essentially involves rendering each light source individually in a separate pass, and using photoshop to combine the passes into a single image using layers.

There are Mega and Mediafire links to the aforementioned script in the Daz3D.com post above.

Dreamlight3D has a number of other videos, most seem to be promoting various products, but some are 'bona fide' standalone tutorials instead of product promos.

Some good stuff here. Anyways, here's my issue. The video above mentions a free ebook .pdf,
5 secrets to stunning Daz Dtudio female 3d art

Unfortunately (for me), you have to provide an email addy to get this .pdf. I am extremely leery about giving out my email addys, so I'm wondering if anyone here may have downloaded this .pdf at some point... or if anyone has a 'sacrificial' email account for such things and wouldn't mind taking a stab at grabbing and sharing this .pdf.

Here's the page with the 'give us your email to get this .pdf' page:

This is definitely a gray area for this thread, although the other free online tutorials are relevant to this thread, but this .pdf might be something that could be shared elsewhere (Asset Releases, another thread in this section) as appropriate, so that others here can read it without having to jump through hoops to get it...

I'm still struggling with lighting, even after watching a number of youtube videos and reading a few tutorials, so I'm not above watching tutorials or reading up on the subject as mood and time allow. There's a room in particular in one of my current projects that I've been struggling with the lighting situation, so I'll freely admit to not being an expert on such things. I did concert lighting in a previous life, so I certainly have 'real life' experience, but translating that particular skill to Daz Iray is easier said than done... But I digress...

Anyways, I'm skeptical about the 'rendering each light individually drastically reducing render times' thing, but I'm going to give it a try. The idea that you could use it to sorta kinda adjust individual light levels in an image on the fly via changing the opacity of each layer in photoshop certainly is intriguing though...

Carry on!
;)

Reactions: amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a followup on my last post. So I had a render that was kicking my system's ass, involving four characters. I had to drastically simplify the scene to get it to fit in the graphics cards VRAM, and was already usng a HDRI as a 'primary' light source. As I remember, this scene took me about 10 minutes to render in Iray, as there aren't any walls or floors to worry about.

So I set up a three point lighting config, and rendered the scene in three passes, one light per pass (scene only), then combined the images via layers in photoshop, and started fiddling with the opacity of each layer. I had a 'no ground shadow' issue, so I did another HDRI only render (show dome off) to add a quick ground shadow. The HDRI pass took me about 8 minutes.

I'd recommend adding a ground plane primitive at the very least so that the shadows from your other three lights will cast on some sort of floor. But I digress, this was just a test.

So I began fiddling with the opacity of each layer, with the HDRI layer at the bottom, my 'back light' next, a 'front highlight' light layer next and the primary light (roughly 180 degrees offset from backlight) at the front.

My impressions in this particular situation is that the light/shadow colors aren't as vivid, as the darker colors from the backlight tend to mute the foreground colors, but that you can definitely do some experimentation with the lighting levels and come up with wildly different looks with a minimum of effort via layer opacities.

Here's my original WIP HDRI with highlight spotlight render. Don't mind the embedded fingers and such, this isn't a final render, I'll be adjusting the hands and such shortly...

And here's the 'multi pass photoshop layers at varying opacities' in use:

The backgound is a photoshop gradient layer btw, for those that might be wondering.

I can see this maybe being more useful for low light situations, where you are trying to hit a balance between 'characters look too bright' and 'I can't see the characters'

Each situation will be different of course, but in my experience this would be better used as a 'setting up that perfect promo render' sorta tool, and also where you might be dancing at the edge of your VRAM, perhaps rendering each light on a separate pass might help with squeezing under the VRAM bar. Otherwise, I'm not seeing a huge time saver here, as my original HDRI + extra spotlight render only took about twice as long as each individual light pass.

Another place where this might be useful is when setting up lighting for a room. You could do individual passes for each light source, and then fiddle with the 'light levels' of each light in Photoshop using layer opacity, and when you hit on what looks like a winning combination use your opacity percentages as a guide of sourts to set the luminosity of each light source. I can see this being a bit of a timesaver as waiting for the Iray viewport to resolve every time you make a minor adjustment is a significant time sink.

In more complex lighting situations, with lots of reflective surfaces, the 'multi pass method' might also be helpful, but overall this seems more like a 'setting up that perfect render' kind of thing, not something that I'd want to do for each 'ingame' render when you are doing a bunch of back to back renders.

Just wanted to share these thoughts. I'd certainly recommend experimenting with this at least as there are situations where it might be quite useful, but it's not something I'm going to use a lot. YMMV.

But yeah, love those free tutorials! It's good to learn new things!

Last edited:
Reactions: Boogie and amster22

Black Ram oss

Black Ram
Game Developer
May 10, 2018
hello i'm using and i noticed that the eyes have a "reverse" posing. while the eyelashes in the right side. is there a way to solve it? is a problem of morphs
1629628830232.png

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Hey, just wondering, has Render-State gone down again? Tried getting on there and the site just timed out.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Hey, just wondering, has Render-State gone down again? Tried getting on there and the site just timed out.
Wrong thread. This thread is about assets being given away for free, not assets you can pirate for free.

But to answer your question, it's working fine for me right now.

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Wrong thread. This thread is about assets being given away for free, not assets you can pirate for free.

But to answer your question, it's working fine for me right now.
For some strange reason I have not been getting pinged when this thread is updated. OhWee posted a buncha stuff and even tagged me in it, and I did not get notified. So I am not sure what is up with that. Thank you Boogie for looking out and answering that question. You were spot on, and it is appreciated.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes