Free stuff for Daz 3D

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I more or less stopped to look at daz "weekly" (and peculiarly dusty) freebies, but I just noticed that there is a new set.
Of course, it includes the usual old accessories for Cookie, but for the first time in ages, there are at least some decent g3 pose packs.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Pilgway is (somehow) freeing their PBR texture library. You have to register, you get 120 credits per month when registered and you can "buy" textures with these credits. I checked on some textures and they seem to cost 3 credits. There are 2500 textures in the library.
Haven't tested, but the textures seem nice and it may be very useful to get a specific texture without buying an expensive pack.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A new bunch of freebies at daz3D. But not the usual fossilized junk, only somehow recent g3/g2 stuff including a bundle.
Definitely worth a look, for a change.

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
The fantasy attic has some kind of advent calendar for Halloween, with a new freebie everyday until October 31.

Some the calendars of recent years are still available. Just play with the year in the URL.

And for older freebies, you can look at this page
You can find there many of their freebies, including the Halloween freebies up to 2011

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Daz organizes a render contest for halloween
The main benefit is that you can download for free a torn zombie outfit by using SPOOKY4U at checkout

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so magnus1781 over at Deviantart has a bunch of 'Celebrity inspired' head morphs:

The names should give you a clue as to who they are supposed to be, but if you are looking for a quick list:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The "Clothing Converter" google links are dead :(
If you go under Tools and Tutorials, you will see a new entry on the top of the tutorials list. It is a link to SickleYield's tutorial on how to convert clothing from G3 > G8 and from G8 > G3 (if you swing that way). Hopefully this will be helpful to you. If you can find tutorials for Gen 2 or Genesis, or if you want me to look them up, let me know. Also, you should know that SickleYield has tools that she sells on Daz3D (yes, I know they are not free) but they are frequently discounted, and often work much easier and with less effort than following tutorials or having clothing that just won't make the transition nicely.

Reactions: scoopdawoop

scoopdawoop

Apr 28, 2019
If you go under Tools and Tutorials, you will see a new entry on the top of the tutorials list. It is a link to SickleYield's tutorial on how to convert clothing from G3 > G8 and from G8 > G3 (if you swing that way). Hopefully this will be helpful to you. If you can find tutorials for Gen 2 or Genesis, or if you want me to look them up, let me know. Also, you should know that SickleYield has tools that she sells on Daz3D (yes, I know they are not free) but they are frequently discounted, and often work much easier and with less effort than following tutorials or having clothing that just won't make the transition nicely.
Awesome, very helpful tutorial indeed, I was mainly concerned about a particular sweater for G3.
Problem solved, thank you!

• Thinking Face
  • Red Heart
Reactions: OhWee and seamanq

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Awesome, very helpful tutorial indeed, I was mainly concerned about a particular sweater for G3.
Problem solved, thank you!
Is there any particular reason autofit wouldn't work here? I use autofit all the time to move stuff between generations, and usually the only thing that trips me up is shoes and maybe hair (hair loses it's adjustment morphs sometimes).

Virgin Killer sweaters don't extend to the limbs, and I've autofitted them before without issues (T vs A pose doesn't come into play). Plus, there's always say lower chest scale adjustments, etc. you can do if needed, to a point anyways...

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I normally restrict mention of free items if they are truly free and do not require anything special, like Daz+ memberships or otherwise, but I think I need to make an exception here. Today, Daz announced that the 4.16 is avaialble for free for Daz+ (formerly PC+) members, and $9.99 for non-members. This new toolkit lets you blend head features between compatible figures and HD figures to create unique new characters. This seems to be like the sliders that many characters come with, but this adds the dimension of being able to combine features between different characters. It is unknown how long this will be free, so I would recommend grabbing it before they change their minds.

EDIT: When I put this in my cart, it came up as 50% off and not free. I have opened a ticket to find out why, as according to the text, it should be completely free for a Daz+ member who is logged in.

UPDATE: As of 2:40 PST, this has been fixed and now it is showing as free in my cart. Thanks to everyone for the feedback

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
seamanq

Have you played around with metamixer yet? I'm curious what it brings over and above regular morphs...

badtimetales

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
I haven't tried metamixer but as I read it, you need the 4.16 version.
If i remember right, there are a few new face controls. But I'm not sure.

Anyways:
You don't want to install a 4.16.

Due to changes in Iray (that's the excuse from Daz)

- ghostlights are not working
- some shaders don't look like they should

and a few other problems according to the daz forum.

• Thinking Face

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
seamanq

Have you played around with metamixer yet? I'm curious what it brings over and above regular morphs...
No, I haven't. But I can think of certain situations where it could be advantageous. Like creating a "trans" character that retains some of the feminine characteristics and some of the masculine, or vice versa. Or if you like certain aspects of one character's looks and other characteristics of another? I think the videos probably show what it does and how.

• Thinking Face

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
EDIT: When I put this in my cart, it came up as 50% off and not free. I have opened a ticket to find out why, as according to the text, it should be completely free for a Daz+ member who is logged in
I just got it for free ... they must have fixed it

Oh! and thank you for posting this

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I grabbed it of course (Metamixer IS currently free for Daz+ members after all), it's in my store library now so that I can download it someday...

I'm still using Daz Studio 4.12.086, so I'm more than a bit behind the times anyways. I don't like updating things when I'm in the middle of stuff. Leave well enough alone.

Microsoft broke my internet on my Uber Laptop with the June 2021 update a while back (patches haven't fixed it, I have to download those manually using baby laptop here), so it's not like I don't have precedent for such an attitude...

Anyways, thanks for posting it up. Somebody might get use out of it.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
If you don't mind working with .objs and such, this site might be worth a looksee (no registration required):

Download links are a bit tricky, look for the reallly light gray bar with white text on the popup screen after you click the download text.

You may be able to convert some of the other model formats using online converters, but this is hit and miss. Can't hurt to try though!

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
This is just a reminder to remember that this is the time of year that many sites are in the "giving" mood, moreso than other times of the year. Renderosity is one, and I know others do giveaways around Christmas time, but some of them only offer one free thing a day and if you miss it, you can't download it. Time to be on the lookout for free assets.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes