Free stuff for Daz 3D

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Limited time free assets on Daz 3D site:

These goodies are only available for a limited time, so grab them while they last ;)

Reactions: recreation

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
There's less than an hour left to grab the deflatable donkey. Yes, the product currently shows as $489.98 (for me anyways, might be a plat club discount at work here), down from $999.95 on the product page, but it's actually free for a tiny bit longer (just put it in your cart, you'll see!)

No april foolin! Well an inflatable donkey is pretty silly though...

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I think the April foolin was putting the price at $999 and then reducing it to $699.97 (then actually giving it away from free). I am still scratching my head trying to figure out how to use this ASSet.

Reactions: OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
And another cool list of freebies here (also added to the OP under tools):

No foolin' on this one.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, in today's Daz3D sale (4/2/2019), you can pick one free item from a small selection of items. Here's a link to the sales page, freebie choices are towards the top:

They are mostly Photoshop FX brushes, but there are a few Daz Studio related items as well.

Obviously, you'll need to have a Daz3D account to add the freebie to your cart.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
It may be too late, because under Choose any one (1) Featured Daz Original Brush & Effect Item for FREE I didn't find anything for free. All had prices. Are you saying that if you pick one it turns to free in the cart?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
@seamanq

It's definitely not too late. Daz Midnight was almost 2 hours ago, so the current sale I linked to should be good for another 22 hours.

The item you pick (and only one item) will show up for free in your cart. I'm assuming that if you try putting more than one of those items in your cart, that it'll 'break' the sale, so if there are more items there you want to buy, I'd suggest redeeming the free item, then doing your purchases in a separate cart.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Damn, I missed the donkey, if I had known earlier, Actually made fun of it yesterday xD

Reactions: Lucius Drake

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Just logged into Daz store and got 2 coupon code as present. Dunno if everybody get's them, but just in case, they are only valuable until Thursday, April 4th at 11:59PM (MDT UTC -6)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just logged into Daz store and got 2 coupon code as present. Dunno if everybody get's them, but just in case, they are only valuable until Thursday, April 4th at 11:59PM (MDT UTC -6)
Lucky you! No coupons for me, but I didn't buy a whole lot os stuff during MM so maybe that's why.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Lucky you! No coupons for me, but I didn't buy a whole lot os stuff during MM so maybe that's why.
I think I bought 1 piece for 2$ or so on MM xD
Well I got a nice now for $7 that originally costs $23
The funny thing is, I still get the message with the codes when I log into the Daz store ... hmmm...
50-OFF-DAZ is one of the "codes" if ya wanna try^^

rewrewrwe

May 31, 2017
Hey guys this thread is awesome! :D
Not to sound ungratefull (cuz Im certanlly not) But most of the items here are poses, clothing and textures. Are there some good houses or characters for free? Or can I even create my own character in daz? Im new to all this so sorry if I said something really dumb right now :D

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hey guys this thread is awesome! :D
Not to sound ungratefull (cuz Im certanlly not) But most of the items here are poses, clothing and textures. Are there some good houses or characters for free? Or can I even create my own character in daz? Im new to all this so sorry if I said something really dumb right now :D
There are a number of free characters in the Daz freebies sections of ShareCG and Renderosity. Most of these are indexed on poserdazfreebies.mirahaze.org, or you can just browse either site.

Here's the G3F index for faces and morphs. Other figures are also indexed, use the menu to find them.

This page mainly refers to where to find the source figures (many of which are paid resources), but scroll down and there's a section for free figures:

As for houses, there's a few on ShareCG and Renderosity, as well as others. Here's another pdfmo index page:

Do pay attention to the usage rights for any freebies you may download. Some allow unrestricted or commercial use, while others may be personal use only.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I don't think there are any free houses, look at the post by @OhWee above for houses, thx again :)
There are a few free characters, but most of them are old and (imo) don't look that good.
What you would need to create good characters is morphs (especially head and body morphs), so you can create unique characters from existing ones ;)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
If you want to create your own houses I'd recomment program. It's completely free and really easy to use. I only watched a tiny part of the first tutorial and was ready to go.
This might be also interesting for the op @seamanq

Reactions: rewrewrwe

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
If you want to create your own houses I'd recomment program. It's completely free and really easy to use. I only watched a tiny part of the first tutorial and was ready to go.
This might be also interesting for the op @seamanq
Can you export houses made in it to a format that Daz 3D can read? (I'm sure the answer is yes, I just need to confirm it).

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes