• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

hukhuk123

Jun 2, 2018
The concept could be interesting for a simulation, but don't try to implement too many things before the very barebone functions actually work.

I tried "playing" it, ignoring the horrendous performance (just limit the characters for now, and please something with brightness/shadows/lighting), I could not figure out how to start more than kissing, which did not work most of the times either. the buttons barely work, the characters seem to get stuck in some sort of busy state or whatever, not reacting and overall more than kissing and dress/undress is not worth the headache for now.

Wish you good luck, don't let the criticism demotivate you, but it really lacks everything.

wshizzle

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2020
I've been testing this on a very old laptop and I made the mistake of assuming most people wouldn't see worse performance than that hardware.

i7-6500U 2 cores hyperthreaded
16G ddr3 ram
amd radeon r4 m335 4G gpu

I assume you didn't find the freeuse checkbox in the top right of preferences. I admit I am still learning unreal(I'm an engineer by trade) but I have worked on this game for a year and a half. The complexity is due to allowing all characters to be used then switching them back to ai when not being used. This is still in heavy development.

Defaults.png

PELLZY

Feb 28, 2018
can you check %appdata%\Local\FreeSpace5\Saved\SaveGames and see if a GlobalSettings.sav file is there. Might try to delete it and start the game again?
That worked! Now I'm struggling to get the characters to do anything.

hukhuk123

Jun 2, 2018
I've been testing this on a very old laptop and I made the mistake of assuming most people wouldn't see worse performance than that hardware.

i7-6500U 2 cores hyperthreaded
16G ddr3 ram
amd radeon r4 m335 4G gpu

I assume you didn't find the freeuse checkbox in the top right of preferences. I admit I am still learning unreal(I'm an engineer by trade) but I have worked on this game for a year and a half. The complexity is due to allowing all characters to be used then switching them back to ai when not being used. This is still in heavy development.
My PC is not that bad, Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX 3060ti, 32GB ram, not very good either but still enough to play every game without problems on 1080p. If you need me something to test and report back, just ask for it.

I did find the checkbox, but like I said, I couldn't figure out how to progress further than kissing, because the characters didn't react anymore to commands etc. Tested multiple times and different things but got frustrated rather quickly.

I am not trying to be negative, one can see that it is very barebone but I have a feeling that you put in too many things at once before basic stuff worked well. But you do you, everyone has their own strategy for things.

wshizzle

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2020
My PC is not that bad, Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX 3060ti, 32GB ram, not very good either but still enough to play every game without problems on 1080p. If you need me something to test and report back, just ask for it.

I did find the checkbox, but like I said, I couldn't figure out how to progress further than kissing, because the characters didn't react anymore to commands etc. Tested multiple times and different things but got frustrated rather quickly.

I am not trying to be negative, one can see that it is very barebone but I have a feeling that you put in too many things at once before basic stuff worked well. But you do you, everyone has their own strategy for things.
Ok I wasn't trying to come across with the wrong tone. Just wasn't sure if you had seen that box. I am working on trying to optimize things. I don't want to be the works on my machine guy but those things I implemented have worked on my dev box on my old dev box which has a 980ti and on my garbage laptop(it was slow of course). I do appreciate your input as it lets me know where I need to improve.

Reactions: hukhuk123

wshizzle

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2020
models are quite ugly, and size of this game looks too big (4+ GB)
They are the base daz male and female models. This is an early release. Also you can customize the characters. Just click on one and edit then you can save it.

customization_nose.png

Last edited:

wshizzle

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2020
Ok I wasn't trying to come across with the wrong tone. Just wasn't sure if you had seen that box. I am working on trying to optimize things. I don't want to be the works on my machine guy but those things I implemented have worked on my dev box on my old dev box which has a 980ti and on my garbage laptop(it was slow of course). I do appreciate your input as it lets me know where I need to improve.
I think I found the issue. I'm working on a patch.

wshizzle

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2020
ok I uploaded a new version of the game that is hopefully fixed. Its fixed as far as I can tell. Since I am a newb I didn't have it setup properly for patches.

wshizzle

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2020

If you feel like having another try I have hopefully fixed the issue.

atomic1997

Apr 12, 2019
This looks pretty good, I am legit excited to see where this goes in the long run. Anything on Unreal Engine has loads of potential.

Reactions: wshizzle

wshizzle

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2020
I saw a review that said sliders don't work and it just dawned on me what that was about. In the preferences page many of the sliders are dependent on each other. i.e. you can't have more people of each gender combined than the amount of people in the crew also you can't have more of those people than the number of that race(aliens vs humans). This was by design. if you move the human or alien slider bars then default numbers are set based on the number of each species and need to be modified by hand. Please tell me if you see anything else broken so I can work on fixing the issue. people_sliders.png

wshizzle

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2020
Working on creating a way to disable sliders for sex's people don't want to see.

1.80 star(s) 4 Votes