Ashla

May 8, 2018
Old save do not work for me. Should i wait for a patch or just start a new game( i don't realy want to do that to be honest)

FFCreations

Creator of Freeloading Family
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Old save do not work for me. Should i wait for a patch or just start a new game( i don't realy want to do that to be honest)
omg … old save do not work … now i have to fuck them all again …. :)
well my save isnt working. do i really want to start over?
Sigh, none of the old saves load, even ones from last installment. A lot of holding down the control key ahead, or just wait until the game is complete.
I have mentioned this several times before but I can say it again cause I see a lot of people inquiring about it.

Old saves may be incompatible with this newer version of the game. This is not a new issue unfortunately. Which is why the “Chapter Select” was implemented. So if you find yourself with incompatible saves, you can easily jump to the latest version on a new save.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
If old saves don't work then something has changed in the code and no patch will be coming.

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
I have mentioned this several times before but I can say it again cause I see a lot of people inquiring about it.

Old saves may be incompatible with this newer version of the game. This is not a new issue unfortunately. Which is why the “Chapter Select” was implemented. So if you find yourself with incompatible saves, you can easily jump to the latest version on a new save.
If you are interested I made a game that fixes the save file issue for me, if you would like to test it or are interested in why this is happening feel free to message me. The 'could not find a place to rollback' error I have encountered while helping Mr. Knobb with his game, and recently with the help of another member have come to understand the exact cause of it ( to the best of my knowledge ). I'm uploading the game to Mega now and will share it when it's done. This is done using all of the original files in the game. No additions or subtractions by me from the file I downloaded from the site.

Of course I would need others to test to see if this fixes the save issue for them also.

Edit: The only issue with this solution is if the changes I did are not implemented in your next release, I fear the saves from v 19 will still have an issue, where as saves from v 20 will not.

Last edited:

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Freeloading Family v0.25.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
you can toggle the slightly modified incest patch by clicking the game title in the main menu.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 18.03.2020

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Thanks for the advice, dear lady.
I'm not advocating single LI vs harem, btw. It just seems to me that soon, the story is going to allow the players to choose the girls they want to keep as love interests.
Odd thing was I didn't demand or ask for any changes. All I asked was if it was possible to choose 1 girl or if I had to have them all because there are some i'm not interested in.

That earned me a ton of backhanded comments and getting called out because it seems asking for a single LI is shaming those wanting a harem and they liked to emphasise that this IS a harem game.

I wasn't advocating for either I was genuinely warning you. Be careful when bringing up choices, it pisses certain people off. This is their harem.

Matoyoshi

Nov 27, 2018
So is the loading thing going to be fixed? I love the game but I am not starting all over again. It is way too far in to have to start over because the saves won't work.

Oct 31, 2018
Odd thing was I didn't demand or ask for any changes. All I asked was if it was possible to choose 1 girl or if I had to have them all because there are some i'm not interested in.

That earned me a ton of backhanded comments and getting called out because it seems asking for a single LI is shaming those wanting a harem and they liked to emphasise that this IS a harem game.

I wasn't advocating for either I was genuinely warning you. Be careful when bringing up choices, it pisses certain people off. This is their harem.
Harem schmarem... who cares what anyone else wants? All games and game devs should cater to what I want even though I don't support them and I pirate the games here for free and I don't care if anyone gets pissed off but please don't get pissed off at me because I am a valid human being and am entitled to get what I want and if that is different to what anyone else wants then it's not my fault that they are wrong and don't say anything to hurt my feelings or I am gonna cry.

I miss my Atari 2600. *sigh*

Matoyoshi

Nov 27, 2018
Harem schmarem... who cares what anyone else wants? All games and game devs should cater to what I want even though I don't support them and I pirate the games here for free and I don't care if anyone gets pissed off but please don't get pissed off at me because I am a valid human being and am entitled to get what I want and if that is different to what anyone else wants then it's not my fault that they are wrong and don't say anything to hurt my feelings or I am gonna cry.

I miss my Atari 2600. *sigh*
You need to stop, she didn't ask for any changes to be made. Stop being a dick.

Oraciion

May 28, 2018
Do you have any saves from the beach trip? .17. My saves work from there, just had to speed through the content inbetween. Better than starting over.

Reactions: Ashla

Matoyoshi

Nov 27, 2018
Do you have any saves from the beach trip? .17. My saves work from there, just had to speed through the content inbetween. Better than starting over.
I wasn't the one that asked, but I was having the same problem. Thanks, loading from the beach is far better than trying to start all over.

3.90 star(s) 180 Votes