BDI

May 23, 2017
Can someone give me the the save file where the choices come in the end... because the i am getting errors when i am starting from there....
I was too then I downloaded the game from page one and loaded it, it turns out that the game that I downloaded first was version 26, version 27 is the one on page one, try that, it is running fine on my computer now.

Riou

Mar 20, 2018
WTF happened to this game in the last two updates?
Since the father appeared the mc goes from a cool level headed guy, to a wimp that is thrown on the street by his father and goes to the bathroom to cry like i little kid, and after this he becomes dad's bestfriend? (I have told my father to go fuck himself for less).
And now this Leah ending, the guy in this ending is not the same character that i was playing from the begining.

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
I was going to skip this one after .26 and because of the comments but i played it anyways and of course i regret it. I understand V.A. Laurie going through things and them wanting to get the update out but if your heart/mind isn't in it then just don't. Everything past .25 has been horrible, a literal 10/10 game even without animations has dropped to a 4/10 at best with the last 2 updates. Acting Lessons, house fire and all, is better then this is currently. I cannot even call this an ending as literally NOTHING came to any kind of conclusion, it ends with a single pic of Leah at home and a "Hey Baby! I missed you."...... so What The FUCK happens after that? Marriage? Kids? no kind of wrap up at all which is complete horse shit! Normally I stand by a Devs decision and vision for their project but if you wanted to end it then just stop at .25 with a text wall saying they all did whatever and they lived happily ever after and just leave it at that but dont say your doing endings then just not give a real goddamn ending.

The_Sentinel

Mar 19, 2019
Conspiracy theory: With the problems the writer is having they intentionally tanked Leah ending so all other endings look good by comparison.

Note: Im not serious this is a joke, just like this update. At least I hope it is.

Last edited:

Aelth

Jun 17, 2017
Completely agree. I have this issue with WTHI and Katie. sure cute but you'd lose interest in that bull fast.
At least Katie is very often joking, smiling and messing around with the MC, and has committed to him. Leah is just a dour selfish cunt 90% of the game. Boo Hoo, she had an awful relationship in her early 20s (who the fuck doesn't?). Doesn't give her the right to treat everyone around her like shit.

I don't think she was badly written, she is just really not my cup of tea.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
At least Katie is very often joking, smiling and messing around with the MC, and has committed to him. Leah is just a dour selfish cunt 90% of the game. Boo Hoo, she had an awful relationship in her early 20s (who the fuck doesn't?). Doesn't give her the right to treat everyone around her like shit.

I don't think she was badly written, she is just really not my cup of tea.
I get that. Atleast you don't blame the writing, we all have different likes and dislikes when it comes to li's. Ive always been drawn ones like Leah, i can't put my finger on it. But that type of women does indeed exist irl.
I just (sorry for beating a dead horse) wish the dad had no part in these endings. That to me was poor writing. But I've had so much good times with this vn ill stick with it til the completion

Reactions: MoreLinks

bigjohn2352

Jul 11, 2019
not sure if I missed some Leah points but at the end of ch.26 with the video call with dad I chose Leah but said it wasn't finished, but in the walkthrough it is.

Aelth

Jun 17, 2017
I just (sorry for beating a dead horse) wish the dad had no part in these endings. That to me was poor writing. But I've had so much good times with this vn ill stick with it til the completion
As the game is, IMO, the dad shouldn't even appear, he should remain a off-screen character that serves as an impetus to drive the story (like he was before), not someone to have a dialogue with. Maybe a cameo at the end where the MC tells him to fuck off? His dad showing up without warning is such a sudden and dramatic event with no lead-up, the whole tone of the game changed after that, and feels rushed.

Why don't the MC and Alice move in with Hailey, who is still supposed to be recovering, and had just stayed at their place for months. Wouldn't she return the favour?

I'm sticking with it, and hoping the other endings are better, but damn. Maybe the writer should take some time off? The grammar and spelling are still fine at least.

Edit: I think I just figured out why the dad appearing seems to jarring, it's that the plot is returning to the game. I mean, you have the parts at the beginning where the setting and the characters are introduced, the plot is introduced, then the next 80% of the game is just kind of the MC interacting with the girls with no over-arching plot. The story doesn't really move forward at all. Then the dad returns and it's like, "oh yeah we were telling a story here, better wrap it up.".
I almost feel like the dad showing up again should have happened and been dealt with WAY sooner in the story. Having this old remnant just show up suddenly and crash everything feels weird.

Last edited:

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Honestly that ending was at best lackluster.

And I'm being generous because I know the Dev has a bunch of shit going on right now.

Ive been very...... Disappointed/Upset/Angered by the last few updates.

This has went from one of the best VN's/Adult games I've ever played....... To a corpse of its former self. It's a damn shame.

And I'll keep downloading like a an addict trying to get a fix, hoping he does my girls Mel, and Alice right. Even though at this point I know that's more wishful thinking than actual probability.

DrunkLuka

Sep 1, 2018
IMO, the dad shouldn't even appear, he should remain a off-screen character that serves as an impetus to drive the story (like he was before), not someone to have a dialogue with. Maybe a cameo at the end where the MC tells him to fuck off? His dad showing up without warning is such a sudden and dramatic event with no lead-up, the whole tone of the game changed after that, and feels rushed.

Why don't the MC and Alice move in with Hailey, who is still supposed to be recovering, and had just stayed at their place for months. Wouldn't she return the favour?

I'm sticking with it, and hoping the other endings are better, but damn. Maybe the writer should take some time off? The grammar and spelling are still fine at least.

Edit: I think I just figured out why the dad appearing seems to jarring, it's that the plot is returning to the game. I mean, you have the parts at the beginning where the setting and the characters are introduced, the plot is introduced, then the next 80% of the game is just kind of the MC interacting with the girls with no over-arching plot. The story doesn't really move forward at all. Then the dad returns and it's like, "oh yeah we were telling a story here, better wrap it up.".
I almost feel like the dad showing up again should have happened and been dealt with WAY sooner in the story. Having this old remnant just show up suddenly and crash everything feels weird.
I personally think it's more likely the writers were just burned out and wants to finish it as quickly as possible so dad was used as a cheap solution to wrap everything up. Otherwise, it made no sense to re-introduce Susan in chapter 22, have a major development with Haily in chapter 23, and then suddenly bang it's the ending while disregarding all previous stats and mechanics and story choices, just point and click you'll see a rushed and uninspired so-called ending.

I'd rather them hold the game than rush it towards the finish line. Don't GOT it.

rwerd912

Apr 4, 2017
Needs a part 2 for Leah's route, but I understand how life has gotten all too real in this post-covid-19 world.

Best wishes for V.A. Laurie in these trying times.

Reactions: Aelth and Walkeree

Dr.Brule

Aug 2, 2017
Well the saves wont work I get a grey screen then crashes.I had different saves for each route but reading these comments I guess it's not worth going through it all again. Well I guess its on to the next VN.

ghjghjghj

Dec 10, 2018
To be fair, I think every ending is going to be shit. The game just hadn't finished telling a story. It's like we read the prologue and then are now skipping to the back of the book. The story had just barely set up all of the relationships in the first place, and then started meshing them together... and then boom father skip to pick an ending. The whole part of the game I wanted to play the most is the bit that skipped. It's just... why?

3.90 star(s) 181 Votes