ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019

Status Update: S2E2 Beta 40 Progress, HD characters and Voice Acting

6846890_30-09-2023-03-43-38-934_ep7 hellsangels_035.jpg

Hello, my dear FreshMen!

We're wrapping up another great week of work, and I'd like to take a moment to share our progress with you, and ask you an important question.

Over the past few weeks we've been training our new artists and a new lookdev, and invested a lot of time into that. We believe that the only way to create a great future for the studio is to develop great people. This means training they thoroughly, showing them all the steps, and making sure they got everything they need to do the best work they can. Next week they embark on full on production, without training wheels, and I can't wait to see what they're capable of. Building an amazing company is a fusion of many things. In order to have the impact we want, we need very talented people, excellent (and ever evolving) processes, attention to detail and flawless training. These are the things I'm focused on perfecting.

On another note, S2E2 Beta 40 is almost here! All of our renders are basically done, with a few animations still in the oven. Small corrections, adjustments and some renders, and our visuals will be done. I'm gonna share an Alpha version with a few selected testers next week, even without final animations, and get feedbacks. Then we'll bugfix, make sure everything is in order, wait for animations to finish rendering, then we will be (almost) ready to deliver it.

Which takes me to the next topic: We're facing a bit of a hiccup with Voice Acting.

Exactly 44 days ago, one of our actresses sent us a message informing us she joined SAG AFTRA (Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) and unless Freshwomen joined too, she would be unable to continue working with us (as per SAG AFTRA rules). We absolutely want to continue working with her, as she's very talented and professional. So we talked to the other actors and to a SAG AFTRA representative, and got the ball rolling on the process. We sent all the necessary paperwork, and... we're still waiting for it to be processed. We were informed that the WGA Strike is impacting this timeline, as a lot of creatives are (justifiably) on strike right now. Without signing the contract, the actress can't record her lines and we can't put them in the game.

So we're left with two choices:

1 - Launch Beta 40 with a few voice lines missing and patch them in later;

2 - Wait for the paperwork, record the voice lines, and then launch Beta 40 (we don't know how much time this would take);

I'd like to know which of these options you prefer.

Do you want to play S2E2 Beta 40 sooner, even without a few voice lines? Or would you rather wait until everything is done?

Please let us know below!

In other news, one of our lookdevs implemented a new system (which we're calling HD Textures), and we're putting them into the game. These textures add lots of finer detail, such as muscle volume, veins, skin cracks, etc, and the results are stunning. We're already rendering with them, and will be asking your opinion on a few characters over the next few days, to make sure everything is perfect!

These HD upgrades will be present at Beta 40, as well as sexy sounds! So Gabby's sex scene will be SPECTACULAR!

Wheew! What a great week!

I love to see our processes and artists evolve. Perfecting a pipeline has been quite a challenge, but when everything fits my heart feels full of joy and excitement. We have an amazing team, full of talent and desire, a great game and the best community we could ask for! So thank you, for your support, feedbacks, comments, for leading us on the right path and for loving our games as much as we do!

Season 2 Episode 2 is INCREDIBLE! I can't wait to share it with you!

Great things are coming,

f1r3

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Nice, thanks for sharing the update. I don't mind if they launch the next update without the voice lines. They've been surprisingly good (the voice acting) - I found I like them more than I thought I would, but I can easily go without them for now.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Waifston

homejorz

Apr 12, 2020
So I caught up with this after not playing two episodes. Aside from the massive and uneccessary long development time, the story also went complete ass.
I honestly don't even know what's going on anymore with this. The next update is just going to be a Beta, hopefully not but likely just as short as their usual Beta episodes. After this long of a dev time there should be a full episode, one as long as BADIK episodes almost.

Reactions: KanyeT

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Guess is just going to be me....but so glad I play with the sound off...the VA really isn't that good...far too cartoonish...waste of resources imo.

As for eveything else, very fun VN, great renders and anims and the story is interesting. At first thought the MC was just a complete dumb ass but then I think he written purposefully like that to bounce off every other weird character. All in all good stuff, look forward to seeing where it goes.

Last edited:

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019

Status Update: Season 2 Episode 2 Part 1 Release Date!

6846890_07-10-2023-12-21-15-793_LaunchDate copy.png

Hello, my dear FreshMen!

We've got great news for you today!

FreshWomen Season 2 Episode 2 Part 1 will come out on Friday, October 27th!

We're very, very excited as this episode has A LOT of new stuff! It will launch with Voice Acting, Sexy Sounds, HD Maps, and a Sex Scene absolutely PACKED with animations! I can't wait to hear your thoughts about it!

An Alpha Version was released today, and is being tested by our Alpha Testers. As we put a lot of new stuff into the game, we're expecting some fixes, but everything will be ready for the big launch. This Alpha Version has a lot of animations still in preview, and a few minor bugs, but it is stable enough for us to get feedbacks and find new bugs.

The days before launch are always exciting. Doing final fixes, adjusting lines, polishing renders, and making sure everything is up to the standard you deserve. Our hearts are overflowing with joy. We've been working hard over the past few months, and soon it'll be time to show you everything!

As I played the episode these last few days, I could see the dedication of each team member. The clear evolution, the challenges we conquered. It amazes me how much we grew in a few months, and I can't help but wonder where we'll be in the future. Great things are coming. I can feel it. And I can't wait to share them all with you!

Thank you so much for being with us on this journey. Your support and encouragement means the world to us, and allows us to fulfill our dream of creating excellent games! We honestly couldn't be more grateful!

See you soon,

f1r3

DeliteDouche

Nov 26, 2021
...a Sex Scene absolutely PACKED with animations!
Thanks for posting the update. I'm happy they got life changing money, but it is a little frustrating for a six month update for one scene, which I am assuming is Gabby's scene. I'll be holding off unless it is relatively cheap for past patrons.

• Haha
Reactions: homejorz

homejorz

Apr 12, 2020

Status Update: Season 2 Episode 2 Part 1 Release Date!

View attachment 2986464

Hello, my dear FreshMen!

We've got great news for you today!

FreshWomen Season 2 Episode 2 Part 1 will come out on Friday, October 27th!

We're very, very excited as this episode has A LOT of new stuff! It will launch with Voice Acting, Sexy Sounds, HD Maps, and a Sex Scene absolutely PACKED with animations! I can't wait to hear your thoughts about it!

An Alpha Version was released today, and is being tested by our Alpha Testers. As we put a lot of new stuff into the game, we're expecting some fixes, but everything will be ready for the big launch. This Alpha Version has a lot of animations still in preview, and a few minor bugs, but it is stable enough for us to get feedbacks and find new bugs.

The days before launch are always exciting. Doing final fixes, adjusting lines, polishing renders, and making sure everything is up to the standard you deserve. Our hearts are overflowing with joy. We've been working hard over the past few months, and soon it'll be time to show you everything!

As I played the episode these last few days, I could see the dedication of each team member. The clear evolution, the challenges we conquered. It amazes me how much we grew in a few months, and I can't help but wonder where we'll be in the future. Great things are coming. I can feel it. And I can't wait to share them all with you!

Thank you so much for being with us on this journey. Your support and encouragement means the world to us, and allows us to fulfill our dream of creating excellent games! We honestly couldn't be more grateful!

See you soon,

f1r3
Bells and whistles and no substance at all. 6 month wait to

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
>Be a game developer
>Make millions with your game on Steam (plus patreon, itch)
>Hire a shitton of people and build a game studio
>Brag endless about how all this is awesome and how everything will be faster and better
>But in the end, be even less productive and release less content than solo game developers and/or duo game developers
>And try sugarcoating/disguise all this flop making posts full of bullshit about "start-up mentality" and entrepreneur/coach clichés

Simply Oppai-man :KEK:

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
>Make millions with your game on Steam (plus patreon, itch)
>Hire a shitton of people and build a game studio

Simply Oppai-man :KEK:
Where can I find this games financial situation and how many millions they made? Where is the game studio located and how many people did he hire to build a game studio. Sources please I would like to follow your research.

There Patreon seems to be doing very well with a listed monthly input of $18,440/month so I would like to get an idea of how much this game makes.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Where can I find this games financial situation and how many millions they made? Where is the game studio located and how many people did he hire to build a game studio. Sources please I would like to follow your research.

There Patreon seems to be doing very well with a listed monthly input of $18,440/month so I would like to get an idea of how much this game makes.
You can pretty much search for previous posts in their patreon and/or site where they claimed all that. Like they celebrating they gained 2.5M with steam sells, they announcing they are hiring animators, 3D artists and other posts where they tell how many people are working with them now and so on

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
You can pretty much search for previous posts in their patreon and/or site where they claimed all that. Like they celebrating they gained 2.5M with steam sells, they announcing they are hiring animators, 3D artists and other posts where they tell how many people are working with them now and so on
Thanks I am still looking for financials but the FAQ says they have a 15 person team working on this VN o_O jeez.
I had no idea this VN was that successful to support a 15 person team. Now I really want to find their financials.

Last edited:

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Thanks I am still looking for financials but the FAQ says they have a 15 person team working on this VN o_O jeez.
I ad no idea this VN was that successful to support a 15 person team. Now I really want to find their financials.
this site can be helpful. I don’t the the date are 100% accurate but as much as I know the numbers on the site are usually lower than the real numbers. So you can at least have a idea about how much money they make

Reactions: wildride69

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
this site can be helpful. I don’t the the date are 100% accurate but as much as I know the numbers on the site are usually lower than the real numbers. So you can at least have a idea about how much money they make
SWEET BABY RAYS!

Quick stats as of today

active players (83 min ago)
active players (24h peak)
96.2%
positive reviews
$4.1m
gross revenue
units sold
6.8 hours
avg play time
5.2 hours
median play time

$4.1 Million estimate for this game! I really need to start cranking out more content for my VN, I had no idea.

Thanks Lipe2410

4.40 star(s) 549 Votes