• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
The Nicki thing dont bother me too much as long as we can just keep a friends only route with her

The other women are way more better then her so i rather pursue those

But yeah so far a decent game

Will keep a eye on it

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
NeonGhosts
Great update.
Jerked me around emotionally in all the right directions.
You are really good, tugging at my heart-strings like that all the time, I honestly can't play the bad guy here, when all the girls are so sweet and so many have these tragic backstories, like how am I supposed to force Pepper into doing anything sexually, when I am sure she is innocent AND she has such a hard life?
Then we go see Gabby, and I'm crushed, is there no way for this not to happen when on the nice guy route? Like, seriously, I need to know if there is a way around this. Or at least tell me she's not out for good, that there is a way to get back to what was before? (I'm trying to avoid serious spoilers, hence I'm staying so vague)

Mason really took the cake this update, though, first the MC trying to be badass was hilarious, sees a butter knife and his life is flashing before his eyes and tells Mason to run.
But then it was really sweet and sad. It's like his story is even sadder and worse than I thought. I just thought he had a stutter.
Also in regard to gender, I totally expected it to be the other way around.
I won't lie, this way it's kind of difficult for me, to do anything sexually with the character. It's not what he would want, but I also don't want to give him what I want. This might actually be a case, where the story will lead me on a non-romantic route, as one option is completely uninteresting for me sexually and the other would feel really cruel.
It's like this is all stuff that happens in RL, and in RL I would never do anything that shitty, so I kind of don't want to do anything this shitty to the characters here as well.
It's like with Radiant, I tried to have a playthrough being the bad daddy, to the girls, but it wasn't like kinky BDSM stuff, it was just plain cruel, it wasn't sexy violence, it was evil and mean, just seriously cruel and that's not something I find sexy, when I like the characters.
Give me a few really arrogant and vapid bitches, and I am fine with that, in a game, but otherwise I like some kinky BDSM stuff, but not the "I am a real sadist and want to hurt people stuff."

That's the position you've put me in here as well, you evil genius!!! :)

Anyways, Nicki made some ground this time around, it was sweet to hear the reasons why she is so reluctant, and I like how she is around Carolina's daughter.
Ashe was sweet and funny as well, and her parents were hilarious.
Carolina continued to be charming and heart-warming, and she gets bonus points, for being a great mom. Risa.... well, let's say I have found the first character I find really annoying. I kind of hope, there's a deeper layer to her, but if not it ain't a problem, she'd just be not interesting for me, but there are more than enough characters in here that not pursuing a few of them is completely fine.
There was nothing I did not like about this update, even the MC's memories of how he took care of his sister, and it made it even more intriguing, that he would totally disconnect with his family, when he so clearly loves her.
Well, I did not LIKE what happened with Gabby, but from a storytelling POV, I like that she reacts like this. It makes fucking sense, of course she would want that. I just wish there was something the MC could do. At least he could ask her out for a real date. Madison doesn't need to know that. That would have been a small chance for a better ending in my book at least, but hey, it's your game.

Last edited:

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
M
Maybe, I'm just sick and tired of finding what i think will be a good romance game and then seeing the harem tag
It's like seeing ntr to me because there are so few actually good visual novels that don't have a harem or even worse are a sandbox
Like I told someone else, harem and romance aren't remotely mutually exclusive.

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
Like I told someone else, harem and romance aren't remotely mutually exclusive.
True and if i sounded too harsh i apologise its just i was kinda angry at that dude who said he didn't want to play the game anymore and i took it out on harem players
Also its just there are so few good games on this site that aren't either harem or the two worst tags ever netorare or sandbox that kinda got me angry as well if i am being honest.

shaq9

Oct 1, 2017
After multiple playthroughs, here's my takeaway:
Being a "nice guy" gets you little to no pussy and more often than not, you'll ended up being used while being a "bad guy" gets you all of the bitches.
Just like in real life. 10/10 for realism and would definitely recommend
There's a big difference between being a "bad guy" irl and being a bad guy in this game. You're probably kidding around, but if you're even a little serious then this game needs to start putting a "Don't try this at home" warning for some people LOL. prison is no joke to men who abuse women. On another note, I usually don't play the "bad guy" route in games like this because I'm not a big fan of non-consensual sex. When I did try it (out of curiosity) the one part that made me angry, was when the MC was in the alley abusing Ashe, and he walked by Mason who can't do anything but cry. I had to look away from my computer for a sec to compose myself.

Last edited:

AGhostLikeMe

Jul 5, 2020
Activate the console, fe. with Unren, open it with shift+o and type in bri_fear = False
That doesn't work. The variable still says undefined.

What worked for me was going to line 34103 in the script and changing bri_fear to brifear.

Changed it back in case I feel like replaying on a different route later.

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
There's a big difference between being a "bad guy" irl and being a bad guy in this game. You're probably kidding around, but if you're even a little serious then this game needs to start putting a "Don't try this at home" warning for some people LOL. prison is no joke to men who abuse women.
Exactly any guy who rapes and abuses women in real life deserves a hot poker up his arse

and also in this game being a good guy will probably get me Nicki that's all I care about lol

shaq9

Oct 1, 2017
Exactly any guy who rapes and abuses women in real life deserves a hot poker up his arse

and also in this game being a good guy will probably get me Nicki that's all I care about lol
I'm also someone who's a big fan of Nikki. I get why people dislike her, but I have a soft spot for both tomboys and people willing to take accountability for their mistakes (although with her it took a few tries). That's why I also like Gabby, cause she tries to do better.

Reactions: botc76 and Joshy92

whizwart

Apr 11, 2022
Fantastic update once again!
Mason stuff is well done that I'm glad we can help him/her with no strings attach. plus that small scene where she/he flinches when you reject the bj is just so sad yet so good storytelling.

But im still surprise why MC still has no bodyguard or something. i dont know how rich philanthropist minds works but shouldnt he have a bodyguard or atleast a driver for safety. specially with his near miss with the bum that stole mason's bag and with the threat of Nikki's ex looming .
My bet is he does have something on tap, just not on a day to day basis, like a security company on retainer for specific concerns or threats. My money is on MC having already done something like hire a PI to get intel on Brett (mighy not have right name) and use it against him for threats or blackmail. "Well Brett, i know you want Nikki back, but between your ill mother renting an aprtment from me that i can evict her from, youe sister workibg for a company I own, and your trips to Thailand, I think you'll see keeping away from her is in all our best interests. Oh, and Brett, being into ladyboys I get....but why only ones over 40?""

• Haha
Reactions: Jorund

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
At first I didn't think that patch was that necessary, Nicki is not that heavy later in the story.
But now that I've decided to play from the beginning, that Nicki patch doesn't sound so bad. I remembered and I understand why people complained so much about her.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
To install it, or not to install it... :unsure:

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
View attachment 2380952

Well, gang.. Here it is. People have asked for it. Screamed for it. I've gotten private messages raking me over the coals, people pledging to never play the game again, and a smattering of poor reviews. I know when to admit I'm wrong.

So, here is.. . If you install this patch into your main FiN folder and allow it to merge with the existing "game" folder, it will overwrite existing script script files, and add new images to support a new path. With this path, you can choose to excise Nicki entirely from the story.

Just start from the beginning and, when you get to the choice to help her or not, choose "Tell her to fuck off."
Okay... I actually liked the original Nicki choices/paths... but I chuckled when I saw the patch so I had to try it. OMFG.... I have not laughed that hard with one of these games as I did when I chose to tell Nicki to f' off. What a stroke of genius. Neon Ghost is my new hero. FFS that was funny. This game has now rocketed to my #1 and I am signing up to be a Patreon.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
At first I didn't think that patch was that necessary, Nicki is not that heavy later in the story.
But now that I've decided to play from the beginning, that Nicki patch doesn't sound so bad. I remembered and I understand why people complained so much about her.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
To install it, or not to install it... :unsure:
  1. if you choose to avoid Nicki it just leads to an early bad ending
  2. the anti-Nicki patch is not compatible with the new version
The patch was a one-off joke for those that complained about her.
I think it served its purpose and should be removed from the OP since it just leads to confusion.

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
  1. if you choose to avoid Nicki it just leads to an early bad ending
  2. the anti-Nicki patch is not compatible with the new version
The patch was a one-off joke for those that complained about her.
I think it served its purpose and should be removed from the OP since it just leads to confusion.
Oh ok, I get it, thanks man! (y)

4.60 star(s) 177 Votes