Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
all of a sudden she just wants to be a FWB.
Considering she didn't want anything at all before that, it's still progress.

When she first asked the MC for money in the first episode she already had a boyfriend. She's been with Brent for some time.

She's just gone through 3 months of shit and you think she's going to want to jump into a relationship after all that?

I know i've got her on the back burner to see how things go but even if i'd wanted her as the one and only LI I know it's wouldn't be happening anytime soon. Her life is a mess right now.

Sep 3, 2020
That's how I see it.

I really liked her in the first episode but then she came back a mess. Being on the nice route i'll do what a friend would do and help her back up but as it stands she's not someone I could settle down with.

Unlike some girls, I hate drama in my relationships and that's how I play my games too. If someone is surrounded by too much bullshit I keep my distance.

I thought Nicki was adorable in the first part and now, not so much. It's like i've heard some guys say about girls with only fans and stuff, they are okay to have fun with but they won't be marrying them.

Plus I do have to remember that Nicki did cheat on her boyfriend with the MC and as the saying goes....

If a girl cheats....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'll see if she sorts her life out, or should say see how the whole romance thing plays out in this game, before I write her off completely but as it stands right now I like it but I wouldn't put a ring on it.

I play the good route and I love all things romance but even I wouldn't have picked to say it back if it had been an option.

She comes to him for a handout, being the good friend he is, helps out by giving her 25 grand.

She repays his kindness by ghosting him for 3 months then turning up asking for more help.

Saying "I love you" in that situation goes beyond simping straight up to mugsville. She got a LOT of work to do before she even gets an "I kinda like you". At the moment she's teetering on "I'mma tolerate you for now".
as always my sister you raise a good point

I'm not going to lie when she said she's not ready to be are girlfriend I did get hurt and angry

especially after we've always been there for her and she had no problem being dat assholes girlfriend

I know it's wrong of me to feel that way

just feels like we're not good enough to be her boyfriend

but I still like her

• Red Heart
Reactions: CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
as always my sister you raise a good point

I'm not going to lie when she said she's not ready to be are girlfriend I did get hurt and angry

especially after we've always been there for her and she had no problem being dat assholes girlfriend

I know it's wrong of me to feel that way

just feels like we're not good enough to be her boyfriend

but I still like her
I was waiting for the public release to play it and comment on it but big sis and you are hitting the nail on the head to many times about Nikki.
The guy Brent is a sleazeball, one of the worst scum that goes so far to offer his girlfriend for money ; and what does she do ? Accept and going back to him ?
Not counting everything else she's accepted until she came back to our doorstep, the girl has issues to sort out. I won't open my romance door to her anytime....ever actually.
She'll be my friend, my assistant or whatever ; I'll help her, protect her but that's as far as I'll go.

I love drama, you know it (Bella, Maeve, Cece... come to me girls)
But Nikki.... she has her whole backbone to built, no way she can support a healthy relationship like she is now. And by the time she'll be ready, I'll already have my paramour for this game.

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
Thank you for the update, it was awesome. The (sister) small blonde on the pick? She looks like shit tbh.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I love drama, you know it (Bella, Maeve, Cece... come to me girls)
I don't know who Maeve is but Bella and Cece have reasons beyond their control for the drama.

Bella (i'm assuming from Summers Gone) lost her sister who she was close to and Cece is suffering from crippling depression that will be with her for the rest of her life.

There is nothing either of those can do to change their emotional damage. Bella lashes out to try and ease her own pain by causing it to others but she's started calming down. Cece hurt others by hurting herself. She couldn't take the pain and wanted it all to end.

Nicki has issues but all of her own doing. It was one bad decision after another. If she had stayed with the MC that first night none of what happened to her would have happened. Instead she left to go back to Brent and had 3 months of shit then came back wanting help.

She's too messy for a relationship right now and until she gets over her shit decision making and moves on from Brent she never will be.

There is no point even discussing relationships with her until Brent is out of the picture.

Both Cece and Bella needed someone to be there for them more than they realised. They both have a lot to offer but closed themselves off. Nicki right now has nothing to offer. She needs to fix herself before moving on or it's a one sided relationship with you doing all the work.

Going through the drama that came with Bella and Cece is worth it because of who they are without it. Nicki just is drama because she constantly makes shit decisions. Until she deals with that we don't know if she'd make a good partner.

She will make a good secretary.

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
once a CHEATER always a CHEATER ....you cannot pretend that she cheated her ex boyfriend with you and dont feel like this could happend again ,rl of in game cheating its the same better move on and try to forget about the hole situation,and in my experience the only women they are friends of mine are the ugly one´s sothis is the case for me bcs i dont find nicki even appealing and no my type of girl ,in the other hand also gabby [loli content]his body type is awfull and im not interested at all but madison looks fine by me and even the kind of woman i would love to have a relationship,kind,sexy,strongh,romantic......she needs a big break from her life ,but i will never try to snitch her from his husband,i would wait to see how develope his drug case and see if there is something there.....

fakitm8

Dec 1, 2019
once a CHEATER always a CHEATER ....you cannot pretend that she cheated her ex boyfriend with you and dont feel like this could happend again ,rl of in game cheating its the same better move on and try to forget about the hole situation,and in my experience the only women they are friends of mine are the ugly one´s sothis is the case for me bcs i dont find nicki even appealing and no my type of girl ,in the other hand also gabby [loli content]his body type is awfull and im not interested at all but madison looks fine by me and even the kind of woman i would love to have a relationship,kind,sexy,strongh,romantic......she needs a big break from her life ,but i will never try to snitch her from his husband,i would wait to see how develope his drug case and see if there is something there.....
this is just a game, it aint that deep bro

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
I don't know who Maeve is but Bella and Cece have reasons beyond their control for the drama.

Bella (i'm assuming from Summers Gone) lost her sister who she was close to and Cece is suffering from crippling depression that will be with her for the rest of her life.

There is nothing either of those can do to change their emotional damage. Bella lashes out to try and ease her own pain by causing it to others but she's started calming down. Cece hurt others by hurting herself. She couldn't take the pain and wanted it all to end.

Nicki has issues but all of her own doing. It was one bad decision after another. If she had stayed with the MC that first night none of what happened to her would have happened. Instead she left to go back to Brent and had 3 months of shit then came back wanting help.

She's too messy for a relationship right now and until she gets over her shit decision making and moves on from Brent she never will be.

There is no point even discussing relationships with her until Brent is out of the picture.

Both Cece and Bella needed someone to be there for them more than they realised. They both have a lot to offer but closed themselves off. Nicki right now has nothing to offer. She needs to fix herself before moving on or it's a one sided relationship with you doing all the work.

Going through the drama that came with Bella and Cece is worth it because of who they are without it. Nicki just is drama because she constantly makes shit decisions. Until she deals with that we don't know if she'd make a good partner.

She will make a good secretary.
Once again, you put it into words in a much better and complete way that I can ever hope to achieve. I love those slice of Facts Pie you give, big sis.
Everything you said is true and I'll bookmark it even

Edit : Maeve is the ex-girlfriend in Acquainted. She left MC cause of a lack of trust and communication it seems, but that's all we know right now

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You attract who you attract. There has to be something from the other end,
they need to come to you too, else it is you offering free use with no return.
MC gets the girls who would reciprocate or those who see him as a product.
Just do your job at enjoying their company and move on.

They certinly do not want you around much if they keep assholes on the side.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Edit : Maeve is the ex-girlfriend in Acquainted. She left MC cause of a lack of trust and communication it seems, but that's all we know right now
Ahhh, haven't played that one. Might give it a look if I get chance.

As for this, it's still early days and there is a chance for Nicki to be redeemed however there are other options and it's best to see how things go there first.

I'm still wanting to go for Beep Boop, and that's what i'm gonna keep calling her, she looked adorable doing that.

I wanted nothing to do with our "friend" nicky so I treated her as badly as possible in the first released, but apparently she's back anyway, seems like there's no way to avoid her, which is a shame since I wanted to see where the game was going.
She is the MC's best friend so is pretty important to the game. You don't need to have anything to do with her romantically though.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Ahhh, haven't played that one. Might give it a look if I get chance.

As for this, it's still early days and there is a chance for Nicki to be redeemed however there are other options and it's best to see how things go there first.

I'm still wanting to go for Beep Boop, and that's what i'm gonna keep calling her, she looked adorable doing that.
Yep, you should, I think it looks promising.

Of course Nikki can (and should) get a redemption arc and I'll be open to it, but as a friend only. I'm a crush-on-sight kind of guy and I'm afraid she sunk that ship thoroughly :confused:
I'm still curious to see her storyline. And to crush Brent's nuts with a sledgehammer, but mostly her storyline

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
The Workupload link to the patch is down for me, I can't open any workupload links. Probably due to my ISP maybe? Idk. Anybody here able to provide a copy?

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
msleomac the one in the floor next to Gaby is the Sister according to the writing on the pic
its sister??
Plus the MC puts tooo much emphasis on being a girly girl so I just threw that in for fun. But guessing from the pics from MC "stalking" his sis on social media guess that's about right :p

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Lightning-round answers, because I've gotta get the rest of these renders done..

The strange MVP of the update was the homeless kid. I'm very interested to see where the story goes now even though I didn't really care much before. The stutter was a good touch (probably even better in the bad guy path). Well done. The introduction of the Russian girl made me kind of glad I didn't bring Gabby and maybe I won't in the bad path either. But that is a sadistic choice if ever there was one. I'm sure that the Russian girl is going to be the superstar of the bad path, but depriving Gabby of the master of her dreams is just cruel.
Glad you had fun with it! I'm very curious to see people's reactions to Mason, as he becomes more involved with the story.

i will! also,do you plan on adding pregnancy?
Maybe!

Pregnancy isn't necessarily my kink, but I think this chapter introduced a character that it'd make sense for.

All it does instead is make me wonder why he, as probably the most eligible bachelor in the entire city, doesn't just pull up a dating app and match with someone who has their shit together.
It's called Friends in Need, not Friends Who Are Doing Perfectly Fine.

Here's an attempt at a PDF walkthrough for those who might like one. Possibly contains errors; updates unfortunately not guaranteed.
Thanks for this! I only looked at it briefly, but it looks like you got most everything. Even the Viola event that is in the script, but not available in the game. :p

Meant to ask, did anyone find a use for the allergy meds you can pick up? Probably down the line, but didn't know if I missed something.
I had plans for those in this update (see: Madison drinking and refusing to sleep, allergy pills that cause drowsiness..) but I decided to yank it from the update. But now the MC has them rattling around in his pocket, so he'll likely use them sooner or later.

That whole bathroom corridor bit was me imitating kind of a point-and-click adventure game, without the point and click.

To the dev: Brows don't 'temple', they knit, raise or arch. The 'temple' on your head, is the side just behind your eyes. Maybe you were just confused but having your script state "She looks at you, her brows templed with uncertainty" makes no literal sense.
Alright, so.. You ever just combine two words in your head for years and never realize you've been doing it?

Brows can tent and they can steeple, and somehow I arrived at.. temple. I'll fix that. D'oh.

Are the girls in the banner the main ones?
That banner is a little outdated. The main cast at present is:
  • Nicki - bffwb
  • Ashe - bubbly blonde
  • Madison - Mom I'd Like to Free from financial pressures
  • Gabby - bohemian daddy's girl
  • Brittani - aspiring model, possible star-fucker
  • Mason - homeless wastrel
  • Carolina - concierge, mom, possible robot
  • Cassie - sister, you missed her
  • Pepper - spicy goth
  • Viola - sweet diervochka
  • Alex - big muscles, big personality
There will also be a few characters that aren't main lover interests, but appear for an event or two.

Thank you for the update, it was awesome. The (sister) small blonde on the pick? She looks like shit tbh.
This is my favorite compliment ever, because it ends with a sick burn. Cassie will get tweaked a bit, but honestly she has kind of a pug-face, which I like.

I have grand plans for Carolina. Of all the girls in the game, I think she's the one who could actually give MC a fulfilling relationship. Let's see if he screws it up!

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
That’s actually intentional, just reflecting the MC’s discomfort at having gotten a little tipsy with Gabby, and potentially gotten a little too familiar with her. Like, despite how innocent it was, MC should really not be drinking with an 18 year old, offering her booze, and discussing her relationships. Even if she wants to, he should know better.

I should have thrown a few more flags in there to denote whether he kissed her, for improved text accuracy. But, hindsight’s 20/20.
Ok - I get your point. Might be a cultural thing. I couldn't see a problem with that. But as a German it is nothing uncommon for me to drink with 16+ year old ppl - sure I wouldn't offer Whiskey to a 16 year old, but with 18 there is no problem with that.

Maybe in some "refinement" update or after the game is finished there is a way to fine tune that a bit :)

4.50 star(s) 188 Votes