I seriously can't figure out what is wrong in that picture :unsure:

edit: oh now I see it, had to zoom out the picture

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I wish I had of been here at the beginnig when people were besmerching my girl
I would have done my knightly duty and defended her
After all you guys know I'm a knightly simp
The funny thing is that I was here at the beginning...

1690487012234.png

Nikki didn't really start getting any substantial hate until she showed up at the front door with tattoos and dyed hair at the end of Chapter 2. Dudes turned on her like a pit bull with fucking rabies. Then it got even worse when she told her shaggy dog story about Florida man. It was a strange time to be sure. To be honest, I still kind of wish that Nikki was as malevolent as some opinions hold her to be. It would make for a better story.

Oct 10, 2022

View attachment 2804970

Nikki didn't really start getting any substantial hate until she showed up at the front door with tattoos and dyed hair at the end of Chapter 2. Dudes turned on her like a pit bull with fucking rabies. Then it got even worse when she told her shaggy dog story about Florida man. It was a strange time to be sure. To be honest, I still kind of wish that Nikki was as malevolent as some opinions hold her to be. It would make for a better story.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

View attachment 2804970

Nikki didn't really start getting any substantial hate until she showed up at the front door with tattoos and dyed hair at the end of Chapter 2. Dudes turned on her like a pit bull with fucking rabies. Then it got even worse when she told her shaggy dog story about Florida man. It was a strange time to be sure.
Well not everybody turned on her. I would say it was a very vocal minority.
To be honest, I still kind of wish that Nikki was as malevolent as some opinions hold her to be. It would make for a better story.
I don't know about Neon plans for the story going forward but you're onto something here. It doesn't have to be Niks but there must be some gold diggers looking for Guy out there.

Last edited:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021

View attachment 2804970

In the beginning, Nicki was about as plain as Jane gets. She was frumpy, dressed awful, wore no makeup and her hair was atrocious. She got hot when she came back from Florida. Somethin' 'bout that state doubles the hotness of women. :p

I was part of the Nicki rant. I've softened my view of her a bit since she has behaved less moronically of late. I never thought of her as malevolent just terminally stupid. :mad:

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Well not everybody turned on her. I would say it was a very vocal minority.

I don't know about Neon plans for the story going forward but you're onto something here. It doesn't have to be Niks but there must be some gold diggers looking for Guy out there.
I'd say the new receptionist is a pretty good candidate for that.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Have to agree on that, Nicki clearly has genuine affection for good Guy but it would be interesting to have some gold digger trying to suck off his money. She could even try to disguise herself as someone in need. :p :p

Reactions: Ragnar

9alwa

Sep 16, 2020
Wow, that's really cool!:love:
Neon, if possible add more stuff like this to your game the whole socialization thing is a great way to expand the playing field and make it a bit more realistic. Among those who came up with and very coolly implemented such an idea TTrickGames comes immediately to mind with LongStoryShort.
Honestly to me that instagram thing on Long Story Short felt more like a chore with no rewards than an actual feature that adds anything to the game. There was 1 cool secret tied to it but other than that it felt unnecessary. Having to like instagram pictures every single time mc goes to bed or is using his pc for what.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Have to agree on that, Nicki clearly has genuine affection for good Guy but it would be interesting to have some gold digger trying to suck off his money. She could even try to disguise herself as someone in need. :p :p
Genuine affection or not, that doesn't mean it wasn't in the back of her mind that she had a loaded friend who could get her out of trouble. Add in the fact that in some paths she willingly accepts Guy's deal of money for sex, that to me says that possibility crossed her mind before she got there, no matter how disgusted she appeared at the suggestion.

Also throw in the fact that she hangs around on the bad paths, she legit thinks of him as her safety net.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Genuine affection or not, that doesn't mean it wasn't in the back of her mind that she had a loaded friend who could get her out of trouble. Add in the fact that in some paths she willingly accepts Guy's deal of money for sex, that to me says that possibility crossed her mind before she got there, no matter how disgusted she appeared at the suggestion.

Also throw in the fact that she hangs around on the bad paths, she legit thinks of him as her safety net.
Imo Nicki has dependent personality, that's why she goes from one douchebag to another in her personal relationships. We (as in playing as Guy) can be kind to her and help her to overcome her issues or be another douche for the list.
She never tries to scam Guy, it was Brent idea all alone. Later when she comes back she doesn't accept Guy's money either, she insists in paying her own debt her way.

4.50 star(s) 188 Votes