allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Yeah, best to ignore people like that. In fact, may as well add them to your ignore list since it's obvious they're just shitty trolls :cautious: That's what I do when I encounter that stuff. People's tastes are their own, especially given certain circumstances such as yours... but yeah, I can guarantee you as an avid player that you're never forced on any route :D Of course, you're not given a choice in every single circumstance or drama, since that would be insane branching from a dev pov, but you're given a choice where it counts the most. You can just not install the taboo patch or play the fully clean "Friends Indeed" version like Neon said :D You wouldn't even have to worry about seeing those possible options that bother you and I bet that'd be perfect for you! Cheers (y)

I wasn't saying those scenes w/ Gabby were findom, I just meant I don't know how any of the girls' happy points would play out on the corruption/findom route (by findom, I mean from the pov of the girls, not Guy; basically the rich sex pest route where Guy uses money to push people into doing sexual stuff, but never goes as far as full-out violent grape; am I misusing the term findom? maybe sugarbaby or corruption is what I'm looking for?). The findom/sugarbaby stuff with her I think will probably start after the apology in the bookstore (regarding her father) where you establish what your relationship is going to be. Hell, maybe that's actually what the LI's dark points are meant for: financial compulsion in the corruption route. Perhaps the sadistic grape route is meant to just chuck those point systems out the window entirely and do w/e MC feels like :LOL:

I know, I'm pathetic and am lacking in any kind of useful conciseness :geek:

That's probably the best way to play honestly. Falling into the min/max OCD 'power player' trap kind of robs you of the game's wonderful organic nature regarding decisions and routes. But, I just can't help myself :( I think maybe we're used to games with much more linear paths and scope of possibility; we get worried we'll get heavily punished for our choices and lose out on a lot of stuff, maybe even a whole LI altogether. Which, yeah, in this game you may lose out on certain decisions or small mini-scenes (within larger sex scenes usually), but losing entire sex scenes as a whole is really hard to do for the most part and is reserved for those players who want to take a wholesome steady romance building approach (so then the loss of sex scenes is realistic and immersive) or people who don't like a girl and want to remain friends. But this game does a good job at keeping things moving with the girls no matter what and continually gives you opportunities to try and jump in or play the field, which will result in eventual scenes with most girls I'd gander. Then you can finish the game (when that time comes) with the feeling that you organically obtained the relationship(s) your own way rather than the usually binary way most devs give you (she's madly in love with you and has sex on the first date vs she wants nothing to do with you and you'll lose her for the rest of the game; no in between).

If this were to be my first sex game when I was young, it'd seriously be the most enjoyable and nostalgic VN memory, bar none I think... I have a feeling I'd develop a comparison complex where no other games measure up :LOL: (my own first games were the 3 Sisters + 1st Horny Bunnies, the latter being far superior imo being that it was actually fappable and made me want to continue trying VNs.. if anyone was curious :p)

Keep in mind btw I don't know how accurate a lot of that wall is lol. I bet someone else could do a much better analysis of the game's mechanics. Speaking of walls, here I've gone and done it again... I have a problem.. :cry::coffee:
Hmm, my understanding of findom was one person taking money from someone else that willingly gives it up because it's like a domination kink or something. What Guy does is basically use his money to coerce characters into things they don't want to do.

Don't worry. I'm also pretty long-winded.

Yea, there are a lot of times where trying to complete a playthrough of a path by making sure you pick only the right choices just SUCKS the fun out of a game. I haven't even finished all of my playthroughs of BADIK yet because 1. I still don't like ep 9 and 2. It just seems like a pretty dauntingly tedious task instead of actually doing something enjoyable.
You start to just break it down to a strategic, almost formulaic process and you subconsciously ignore everything else about the game. Coupled with the fact that doing so many playthroughs just to see minute changes in dialogue that are essentially meaningless to the plot as a whole (illusion of choice) makes you crazy bored with the same scenes you've seen a bunch of times already.

I think I've even started to develop a dislike for game devs who put in all these pedantic variables that don't really amount to anything more than something like a fun Easter egg in a sense.

(That being said: I'd probably be okay with Neon doing that since I wouldn't mind re-reading everything 100 times. Is it a double-standard? Maybe. I just think good writers get more leeway in that regard.)

Last edited:
Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
NeonGhosts

I don't remember exactly whether it has been asked or not,
i know the next update will be more focused on Ashe,
but will Viola and Pepper also be in the next update?

And if so,
in the future will you learn more about their problems,
their background and their character,and are they love interest like most of them?

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I have been thinking about why I love this game as much as I do
And there are a few big reasons.

Number one is the girls are all awesome
Number two is we get a lot of choices for how we want the mc to act even during the sex scenes
Number three is the fact that the writing is some of the best I have ever read in a game
I can't praise it enough it's better than most AAA games I have played.

I have been looking at the picture with all the girls in the op
And now I have some thoughts about a couple of the girls & Mason

Nicki, I feel is trying to hide her tattoos because she feels ashamed about them & her past?
Mason Is also trying to hide behind other people maybe he doesn't want anyone to notice him?
Pepper is hiding her pain behind a typical mean girl look but we know she is really hurting on the inside

This is one of those games I cherish the time I spend playing it

When I'm seventy years old and in a nursing home
I will still want to talk about this great game

I'm not very good at taking thoughts in my head and putting them into words
But I tried my best.
You do that and when I'm 70 I'll be making more own stories with the nurses in the nursing home. ;):p:devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
yeah the characters really get you to care about them alot. especially Nicki. initially i had intended to tell her to fuck off when she comes over, but that story had me go all protective of her and i have no regrets..

Reactions: Joshy92

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
Hmm, my understanding of findom was one person taking money from someone else that willingly gives it up because it's like a domination kink or something. What Guy does is basically use his money to coerce characters into things they don't want to do.

Don't worry. I'm also pretty long-winded.

Yea, there are a lot of times where trying to complete a playthrough of a path by making sure you pick only the right choices just SUCKS the fun out of a game. I haven't even finished all of my playthroughs of BADIK yet because 1. I still don't like ep 9 and 2. It just seems like a pretty dauntingly tedious task instead of actually doing something enjoyable.
You start to just break it down to a strategic, almost formulaic process and you subconsciously ignore everything else about the game. Coupled with the fact that doing so many playthroughs just to see minute changes in dialogue that are essentially meaningless to the plot as a whole (illusion of choice) makes you crazy bored with the same scenes you've seen a bunch of times already.

I think I've even started to develop a dislike for game devs who put in all these pedantic variables that don't really amount to anything more than something like a fun Easter egg in a sense.

(That being said: I'd probably be okay with Neon doing that since I wouldn't mind re-reading everything 100 times. Is it a double-standard? Maybe. I just think good writers get more leeway in that regard.)
Ah ok. Yeah, I was thinking of findom as just using money to dominate someone in general, i.e. girls can do it to guys via onlyfans and I guess tiktok etc. (ganggang mm so good lmao); and guys can do it via what Guy (and surely other rich guys) offer to women. I guess I should switch to something else if people use that term differently.

Can't speak for badik since I've never played it, but thankfully Neon's variables definitely add to reactivity, immersion, and depth. I know what you're talking about and I've experienced it too... it sucks the fun out and honestly makes me frustrated with the dev as well. Finding Neon's little path forks though honestly feels like finding a gold mine to explore rather than a disappointing and ultimately meaningless easter egg. I mean, it must be a megafuckton of added work (Ashe's meeting in the park after the alley/apartment by itself is seriously HUGE in scope of dialogue and interaction variation... not to mention every other scene), but there are definitely a number of people out there who are represented by every route and subroute that's available I think. Hell, I would've thought for sure no one actually plays the friend routes, but they've cropped up here to say hello from time to time. (degenerates of course, but we must be gracious :p:LOL:) Me personally, every single route feels like it's for me haha. Maybe friend route is the exception, but even that one I'll look at out of curiosity some day. Like, for example, if Guy doesn't enter into a relationship with any of the girls by the end, do we get to see him finally admit to himself that he's gay? Or maybe he makes up with mommy and gets to walk into the sunset with her? "Sorry ladies, none of you compare to dommy mommy" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: allanl9020142

camube

Jun 4, 2022
yeah the characters really get you to care about them alot. especially Nicki. initially i had intended to tell her to fuck off when she comes over, but that story had me go all protective of her and i have no regrets..
NeonGhosts is a talented writer

when i read Nikki's content the first time (after she came back), it took me on a rollercoaster. it was great writing

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
my reading disability remember so can you tell me what files exactly I need to copy over

soo can I take them from the old version of my game and just drop them into the new version or

and also I'm very monogamous and I'm a good guy so does that mean I get no bdsm content

isn't it possible for two people to be in a loving monogamous relationship and still like the rough stuff
bro
You shouldn't need to do anything special -- just downloads Friends in Need, and not Friends Indeed, and the game will continue to work as usual. And nah, there's still all kinds of rough content on the love paths.

NeonGhosts

I don't remember exactly whether it has been asked or not,
i know the next update will be more focused on Ashe,
but will Viola and Pepper also be in the next update?

And if so,
in the future will you learn more about their problems,
their background and their character,and are they love interest like most of them?
Viola features quite heavily in the first part of the new chapter, assuming you made good decisions with her. Pepper is also in it, but less so, and in a scene that you can conceivably skip. And yup, they're both intended as full-fledged love interests!

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
I disagree, it annoying to replay but to say it's mean-less this coming from someone who played many times, even used a mod to save time.

Let's just say replaying to play all main girl routes and MC whore was fun.

I was nervous on playing as DIK but it was fun, and the amount of times you can be a whore is funny.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: allanl9020142

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Ah ok. Yeah, I was thinking of findom as just using money to dominate someone in general, i.e. girls can do it to guys via onlyfans and I guess tiktok etc. (ganggang mm so good lmao); and guys can do it via what Guy (and surely other rich guys) offer to women. I guess I should switch to something else if people use that term differently.

Can't speak for badik since I've never played it, but thankfully Neon's variables definitely add to reactivity, immersion, and depth. I know what you're talking about and I've experienced it too... it sucks the fun out and honestly makes me frustrated with the dev as well. Finding Neon's little path forks though honestly feels like finding a gold mine to explore rather than a disappointing and ultimately meaningless easter egg. I mean, it must be a megafuckton of added work (Ashe's meeting in the park after the alley/apartment by itself is seriously HUGE in scope of dialogue and interaction variation... not to mention every other scene), but there are definitely a number of people out there who are represented by every route and subroute that's available I think. Hell, I would've thought for sure no one actually plays the friend routes, but they've cropped up here to say hello from time to time. (degenerates of course, but we must be gracious :p:LOL:) Me personally, every single route feels like it's for me haha. Maybe friend route is the exception, but even that one I'll look at out of curiosity some day. Like, for example, if Guy doesn't enter into a relationship with any of the girls by the end, do we get to see him finally admit to himself that he's gay? Or maybe he makes up with mommy and gets to walk into the sunset with her? "Sorry ladies, none of you compare to dommy mommy" :ROFLMAO:
Yea the route forks really do feel like you're taking a completely separate path. Not even talking about the archetypes but even if you for example don't pursue Gabby, you meet Viola on your own.

Mmm, yes. Frickin' degenerates indeed. I think the worst kind, in fact. Who the hell would play a friend route?!
I disagree, it annoying to replay but to say it's mean-less this coming from someone who played many times, even used a mod to save time.

Let's just say replaying to play all main girl routes and MC whore was fun.

I was nervous on playing as DIK but it was fun, and the amount of times you can be a whore is funny.
Yea, I don't know. I still can't tell whether that VN has just "jumped the shark" or I'm just burnt out. I'm not talking about separate routes for the Main LIs. I'm talking about all the little things he spends time on that really don't amount to anything more than fun, little variables in the dialogue. I'm not even gonna go into the good amount of railroading it does because this is the thread for "Friends in Need". I just want to clarify myself. There's a rabbit hole you can go down if you have a playthrough for every character and not just the main LIs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Which is WHY I like "Friends in Need" and NeonGhost's writing. Almost every choice has an impact (and he's even doing a rewrite for Ch 1 to remedy the ones that don't). Every route you go down still has substance and it's not just cool effects and animations to distract the player long enough to say "Hey! You just clicked around for 2 hours but it's considered 2 hours of content!". I don't even care about the fact that there's no sound in "Friends in Need". That's how engrossed I am in the story. I'm not saying DPC is a bad writer. I'm just saying Neon is leagues above him.

Edit: Eland51298 Nah, get the fuck outta here fanboy. Lol. You haven't been following it long enough to not be jaded with it or you're just another DPC sycophant. I swear, anything less than dickriding the guy gets a facepalm. So tired of you jackasses who made that thread toxic and are just roaming around making other threads just as bad.

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'm the degenerate who does friendship paths
It feels like cheating being with more than one girl
That's why I will have a save for each girl
Only on the romance path of course

Even if some of the girls say they don't mind if I'm with other people
I can't do it
After all you guys know me
Multiple girls aren't usually my style

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I'm the degenerate who does friendship paths
It feels like cheating being with more than one girl
That's why I will have a save for each girl
Only on the romance path of course

Even if some of the girls say they don't mind if I'm with other people
I can't do it
After all you guys know me
Multiple girls aren't usually my style
You ... DISGUST me! :sick::sick::sick:

What's next? Not holding hands until marriage?! PERVERT!

Sereni

Nov 16, 2019
public update (patreon)

Dev Update! 8/15/23
Hey, folks! Sorry to get this up a day late, but I spent most of yesterday rendering, and by the time I was done just didn't have the energy to do anything else. But hey, I'm here today! Let's party.
I'm stuck at my day job right now, but I'm currently putting the finishing touches on the script for the next installment, and the final version should be available later today for patrons at the $15 level. This weekend it will go out to folks at the $5 level, and then next week to the $2 level. In order to make sure you get the download file as soon as possible, I'd strongly recommend you make a Discord account and link it to your Patreon, as I usually drop the link over there in a tier-restricted channel before I post it here.
Above I've selected a variety of images from the upcoming build, which are fairly representative of what you can expect for v. 0.4.
I'm pretty happy with how this next installment's come out, but if I'm being honest, there's still stuff I'd like to tinker with. Little bits where I'd like to add some dialogue and renders, etc. But, if I kept tinkering with it forever, it'd never be done. So for now I'm just forcing myself to make peace with it, so I can get the update out. I'll circle back later to expand on scenes as necessary, once I've gotten a little rest.
As always, take care of yourselves, and thank you for your support!

4.50 star(s) 190 Votes