Danv

Aug 21, 2020
just wondering - is Friends Indeed even viable at all? by the sound of it it's more serious rework vs just censored version + patch and require additional time investment, and i can't imagine a lot of people would be getting it if normal FiN is available on SS anyway, just to get it on patreon? not like it's beloved platform these days
also - wouldn't censored FiN already comply with patreon policy?

armond

Apr 26, 2020
Or, he could just buy guns and conceal carry all the time. I don't know about his city's policy on guns, but the rich usually can afford some leeways.
The obviously correct answer, the question then becomes what would guy carry. A glock is to simple but I don't get the feeling he's a gun nut either, so he's not going to have a Beretta 93r either. Something unique but not too specialized.... maybe a usp because he saw misato use one in eva :ROFLMAO:

U330661

Aug 29, 2022
just wondering - is Friends Indeed even viable at all? by the sound of it it's more serious rework vs just censored version + patch and require additional time investment, and i can't imagine a lot of people would be getting it if normal FiN is available on SS anyway, just to get it on patreon? not like it's beloved platform these days
also - wouldn't censored FiN already comply with patreon policy?
I think the point is that Patreon doesn’t like censored versions if they have references in their code.

iirc even having an uncensored version on another platform is enough to get banned from Patreon, they just don’t check that much.

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
The obviously correct answer, the question then becomes what would guy carry. A glock is to simple but I don't get the feeling he's a gun nut either, so he's not going to have a Beretta 93r either. Something unique but not too specialized.... maybe a usp because he saw misato use one in eva :ROFLMAO:
I don't see Guy as a firearm afficionado, so he'll either buy the ol' reliable Glock or whatever fudd lore he believes in.

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
Hmm, see that's what I'm not getting. I get having at least 3 paths for each character: Evil, Asshole, Nice. I just don't know how to categorize the other ones or whether they'd be all that different from the main 3 paths.
Aaaah. I get it now. I was too hung up on the archetypes. That makes this game even more interesting now, it's more about the relationship to each character and not so much which "Guy" you're playing as. You're usually kind of stuck in whatever "archetype" you choose to play as in these kinds of VNs. Seems like choices actually matter vs just being sorted into a category then running on a railroad with the illusion of choices.
Sorry for the wall, haha. Anyways, obviously, someone correct me if I'm wrong about any of this, but here we go. So, basically, any evil action Guy does increases his own dark points which influences his inner thoughts and reasoning and things like that. I think it also opens up certain actions, i.e. in Pepper's interrogation scene, I don't think you can do certain (bad) things unless you have enough MC dark points (MC dark points are separate from individual LI dark points). But, that seems to be the extent of it. I guess Neon mostly uses it in order to make Guy's thoughts align with his actions, as it would be weird as hell if he's thinking wholesome thoughts even after he's graped Ashe, Viola, & Pepper...

On top of that, each character has happy points and dark points as well as a relationship status or 'route'. Happy points are pretty self-explanatory, as it reflects how much they like you, but what some people may have missed is that not only can happy points open up options to the MC, it can also influence the likelihood of a character forgiving a.. let's say less-than-nice action. For example, in the changing room with Gabbi, you can try to finger her ass; if she doesn't have enough happy points, she won't like it and it'll come to a stop pretty quickly; on the other hand, if she does have enough, she will end up liking it and even reach orgasm. In that same scene, she gives you the choice of cumming in her mouth or on her tits; you can instead choose to cum on her face and, similar to the other action, if she isn't happy enough, she will be angry and cry; but, if she is happy enough, she will instantly forgive you and seem to have no problem with it "that's ok, I trust you daddy." It's honestly fucking great and is effectively a toxic subroute of romance (and corruption/findom as well? I actually haven't tried that route yet on a playthrough, so I'm not sure how available happy points are on it). My prediction is that successfully cheating with multiple girls will rely heavily on this :devilish: (i.e., whether they trust you and believe your lies or not, give you benefit of the doubt, etc.)

Dark points (for the LIs) I'm less sure about tbh. Maybe my memory is bad, but I don't recall what actions, if any, were changed or opened up with dark points with any of the girls. It's possible he hasn't utilized them as much yet, I just don't remember. If happy points reflect how much they like you and are willing to forgive mistakes or toxic behavior, the logical flipside of that is dark points reflect how much they hate you and perhaps how likely they are to jump on mistakes or further toxic behavior; or perhaps how much control/domination you have over them and how likely they are to be afraid and allow you to do evil things without complaint? Not sure.

And I guess the relationships/routes are also pretty self-explanatory. In general, you have friend, romance, corruption/findom, and evil/sadistic/domination/grape/whatever else people have called it up to now. Some girls have more routes and I have no idea what they entail; I guess they're branches from the general routes, i.e. Nicki apparently has a toxic romance route according to another comment. So, I guess to finally sorta attempt to answer your question about route switching, I think Neon's plan is to either add another route for situations like that where it makes sense, or to specifically add a variable that gets checked, i.e. whether you switched from corruption/findom to romance, or romance to grape, etc. I'm guessing for route switches that entailed something very meaningful (whether good or bad), it would get reflected in the character's behavior and dialogue, at least for a while. Like, it's hard to believe that the straight romance route should get the exact same reaction and dialogue as someone who switched from the asshole/findom route onto the romance route (assuming that's possible for anyone). But, for other route switches, it might make perfect sense to more-or-less have it the same, i.e. friend to romance vs romance off-the-bat seems like there wouldn't be much of a meaningful difference other than the character referencing it here and there, i.e. friend-to-romance "took a little bit, but I finally saw what made you so great" versus romance-from-the-start "it was love at first sight". Or if the romance route had 1 or 2 extra sex scenes, the friend-onto-romance route would reflect the lack of those events. Stuff like that, probably.

So, as you can see, it's all very complicated and can understandably get quite confusing :LOL: But, that's honestly what makes it so, so good and gives it an amazing replay value. It's possible Neon will change some of these things in the chp 1 revamp, as he said he's going to streamline stuff and add code references to specific actions (for example, whether you did anal with Nicki, or just oral, etc.). Don't know if he plans for that to replace happy points and (LI) dark points in any significant way?

kendrickzl

Mar 11, 2023
yeah Jamie, the racist, rapist pos could be further dealt with by having mc fuck with his university applications so he ends up having to go to a shitty college. after all, he did sucker punch mc and that should have repercussions..
Thanks for the comment, I don't like to see the protagonist being humiliated without being able to react. I was playing at the beginning of the game and I wasn't liking it very much because I couldn't ignore some routes, better stop right here.

• Angry
Reactions: tachini

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
When you are as rich as Guy, guns are for the little people. You have hirelings for that. Unless you are hunting or shooting clay pigeons, of course. When I worked in personal protective service I saw up close that handing a firearm to a rich person is a terrible idea. They barely know what end the bullet comes out of.

• Haha
Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
When you are as rich as Guy, guns are for the little people. You have hirelings for that. Unless you are hunting or shooting clay pigeons, of course. When I worked in personal protective service I saw up close that handing a firearm to a rich person is a terrible idea. They barely know what end the bullet comes out of.
Have to say I agree. Have Nikki hire him some security and be done with it.

And after Guy fires them or he passes on, those guys can write tell all books about the rapey rich dude and all his creepy secrets.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I decided I'm not going to focus on getting points in one path or another.
I'm just going to choose whichever option I would choose If I was in that situation in real life
And not worry about increasing my points

I have to say tho PHIL that was a damn impressive explanation of the point system.
The best I can do on this forum is simp for the girls in these games

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
We don't need guns guys
We will defeat evil with the power of love
OK, when Brent comes after Nikki, you try the power of love on him, and we'll try a .45, and see which works best. :p

That's everyone who hasn't handled a gun before, nothing to do with wealth.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
OK, when Brent comes after Nikki, you try the power of love on him, and we'll try a .45, and see which works best. :p
But... the power of love don't need money and don't need fame. It don't need no credit card to ride this train... it's strong and sudden... it can be cruel sometimes... but it might just save Guy's life!

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Are they in America? Because other countries aren't as gun friendly as them.
I can see him training muay thai or smth like that with the gym girl.

soldano

Jan 29, 2018
I usually contributed to Patreon when you released an update, but this time I'm going to try Subscribestar. And I'll go for the $15 one since I have the impression that you've worked harder on this update than usual.

That last image you posted of Ashe is very hot.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
So true. Can't imagine casually walking with a gun (even properly sheated and, of course, with licence) in Italy. It's a call for legal trouble. Even when i go around with very basic tools like a screwdriver i've better have a good reason to have them with me.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Sorry for the wall, haha. Anyways, obviously, someone correct me if I'm wrong about any of this, but here we go. So, basically, any evil action Guy does increases his own dark points which influences his inner thoughts and reasoning and things like that. I think it also opens up certain actions, i.e. in Pepper's interrogation scene, I don't think you can do certain (bad) things unless you have enough MC dark points (MC dark points are separate from individual LI dark points). But, that seems to be the extent of it. I guess Neon mostly uses it in order to make Guy's thoughts align with his actions, as it would be weird as hell if he's thinking wholesome thoughts even after he's graped Ashe, Viola, & Pepper...

On top of that, each character has happy points and dark points as well as a relationship status or 'route'. Happy points are pretty self-explanatory, as it reflects how much they like you, but what some people may have missed is that not only can happy points open up options to the MC, it can also influence the likelihood of a character forgiving a.. let's say less-than-nice action. For example, in the changing room with Gabbi, you can try to finger her ass; if she doesn't have enough happy points, she won't like it and it'll come to a stop pretty quickly; on the other hand, if she does have enough, she will end up liking it and even reach orgasm. In that same scene, she gives you the choice of cumming in her mouth or on her tits; you can instead choose to cum on her face and, similar to the other action, if she isn't happy enough, she will be angry and cry; but, if she is happy enough, she will instantly forgive you and seem to have no problem with it "that's ok, I trust you daddy." It's honestly fucking great and is effectively a toxic subroute of romance (and corruption/findom as well? I actually haven't tried that route yet on a playthrough, so I'm not sure how available happy points are on it). My prediction is that successfully cheating with multiple girls will rely heavily on this :devilish: (i.e., whether they trust you and believe your lies or not, give you benefit of the doubt, etc.)

Dark points (for the LIs) I'm less sure about tbh. Maybe my memory is bad, but I don't recall what actions, if any, were changed or opened up with dark points with any of the girls. It's possible he hasn't utilized them as much yet, I just don't remember. If happy points reflect how much they like you and are willing to forgive mistakes or toxic behavior, the logical flipside of that is dark points reflect how much they hate you and perhaps how likely they are to jump on mistakes or further toxic behavior; or perhaps how much control/domination you have over them and how likely they are to be afraid and allow you to do evil things without complaint? Not sure.

And I guess the relationships/routes are also pretty self-explanatory. In general, you have friend, romance, corruption/findom, and evil/sadistic/domination/grape/whatever else people have called it up to now. Some girls have more routes and I have no idea what they entail; I guess they're branches from the general routes, i.e. Nicki apparently has a toxic romance route according to another comment. So, I guess to finally sorta attempt to answer your question about route switching, I think Neon's plan is to either add another route for situations like that where it makes sense, or to specifically add a variable that gets checked, i.e. whether you switched from corruption/findom to romance, or romance to grape, etc. I'm guessing for route switches that entailed something very meaningful (whether good or bad), it would get reflected in the character's behavior and dialogue, at least for a while. Like, it's hard to believe that the straight romance route should get the exact same reaction and dialogue as someone who switched from the asshole/findom route onto the romance route (assuming that's possible for anyone). But, for other route switches, it might make perfect sense to more-or-less have it the same, i.e. friend to romance vs romance off-the-bat seems like there wouldn't be much of a meaningful difference other than the character referencing it here and there, i.e. friend-to-romance "took a little bit, but I finally saw what made you so great" versus romance-from-the-start "it was love at first sight". Or if the romance route had 1 or 2 extra sex scenes, the friend-onto-romance route would reflect the lack of those events. Stuff like that, probably.

So, as you can see, it's all very complicated and can understandably get quite confusing :LOL: But, that's honestly what makes it so, so good and gives it an amazing replay value. It's possible Neon will change some of these things in the chp 1 revamp, as he said he's going to streamline stuff and add code references to specific actions (for example, whether you did anal with Nicki, or just oral, etc.). Don't know if he plans for that to replace happy points and (LI) dark points in any significant way?
Yea, that makes sense. It's a good way of determining the conditions for scenes/paths.

Also, I don't think "findom" is what you think it is in this context...

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
He's rich. If you're rich you can protect yourself in any country. Gun laws are for peasants.

4.50 star(s) 190 Votes