Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Precisely: she could ditch her boyfriend at any time, be with MC, do something of herself.
But no, she does not want something of herself, she is the slave of her BF.
She certainly has nothing to gain, everything to loose and she still antagonises the MC.
Baffling!

The only sensible outcome is throwing her out: you do not accept your memory of a wonderful girl
become that of a slave offering her body for wildly expensive rewards while making MC feel like shit.
It's not that easy when you're in a toxic relationship and everybody but you can see how bad it is for you.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Would you do it for a Halloween special? I like the idea of evil Nicki.
Chapter Four is supposed to release in October, so I really won't have time to do much of a special. It's more likely that I'll put out the Orc Exchange mini-game as kind of a Halloween treat.

But, Horizontical actually did this demon Nicki a while back, and I started thinking about doing a Monster Girl/Halloween costume photo set for October. That could be kind of fun.

monstrous_nickie.png

pr0n

Aug 23, 2017
That's a good point. I'm trying to give all the girls their own unique fashion styles, and Brittani's meant to be a little more daring with her choices. Yeah, we'll definitely see those high socks again. And no insult taken! I always appreciate constructive criticism.

And thanks for the compliment on that revamp. I think it'll be cool once it's all done. On her eyes, I honestly really tried to keep them a darker shade, but I kept running into this problem where, from a distance, her eyes looked kind of.. sharky? Like, the iris and pupil just blended together in a way that made her look cartoony, in a way I didn't like.

So, I tried the honey-brown ones she now has, and liked them more. They stand out better in low light, and I think that they give her a little added sex appeal.

Or maybe I'm going to have a Chapter Three twist that she had force powers all along!

View attachment 1980066

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Nicki is wearing cosplay star wars contact lenses, while the dude (forgot his name) is obviously drunk and trying to do some "Frozen Han Solo impression" butt naked. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
It's not that easy when you're in a toxic relationship and everybody but you can see how bad it is for you.
When I read your comment I remembered some real life scenarios I lived regarding toxic relationships. All of them being women. Neighbor of mine I would listen to emotional and physical abuse from the boyfriend her coming out of apartment in tears. Then before work another woman a bit further from me came out with broken nose blood on the hallway walls came to me for help to drive her to the hospital...she didn't want cops involved to get her boyfriend in trouble.

There is always a way out for these women, but they never choose it. Women's shelter help until they can become self-sufficient if their worried about housing, and networking with friends helped myself with finding a place to live at affordable price...had to live with a roommate however that didn't work out he was gay and fell in love with me and drilled a peep-hole from his room into mine in the open closet room. Crazy times all round.

Reactions: Ragnar

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Posted a new

083_Float Cam.png

Not much news, really! I'm just grinding out renders as quickly as I can. Taking a couple hours today to correct issues with existing renders (clipping, levitating objects, weird expressions, etc.) so I can start plugging renders into the script tomorrow, while I'm stuck at my day job. That'll save me some considerable time later.

In the meantime - what's the MC done to poor Madison? :0

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
On her eyes, I honestly really tried to keep them a darker shade, but I kept running into this problem where, from a distance, her eyes looked kind of.. sharky? Like, the iris and pupil just blended together in a way that made her look cartoony, in a way I didn't like.

So, I tried the honey-brown ones she now has, and liked them more. They stand out better in low light, and I think that they give her a little added sex appeal.
Ah, yeah, that makes sense. I think I've seen that in other games before, and it can look really cartoonish. But regardless, I do agree, they give added sex appeal! :)

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
Aw, but who could stay angry at a face like this?

View attachment 1976607
I'm not a fan of tats, but Nicki did it for a reason (yes, I tend to let my characters decide what they want, it's not always up to the author :sneaky:)

I'm going to assume you did this already, but the black line on her forehead is easy to fix (just move the hair/haircap around until its gone, you'll can solve that in IRAY)

Can't wait until Chapter Three!

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I'm going to assume you did this already, but the black line on her forehead is easy to fix (just move the hair/haircap around until its gone, you'll can solve that in IRAY)
Yeah, I tend to either airbrush that stuff away or spot render it, just depending on how difficult it'd be to fix. Speaking of spot-rendering and airbrushing, one thing I'm focusing on with this update is controlling the faces a little more. Here's a before/after where I wasn't happy with the amount of wrinkles on Nicki's face, so I ran a new partial render. Then I airbrushed around her eyelids a little to hide the problem of her eyelashes clipping.

Compared.jpg

I gave a text-only version of Chapter Three to a few patrons, and so far reviews are good. Looking forward to getting the completed version into everyone's hands.

If I can't finish it by Friday, I'll likely put out an alpha version to $15+ patrons anyway, with all the scenes I have completed (which is like.. 3/4 of the game), and then get the full version out to high tier patrons early next week.

Last edited:

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
Yeah, I tend to either airbrush that stuff away or spot render it, just depending on how difficult it'd be to fix. Speaking of spot-rendering and airbrushing, one thing I'm focusing on with this update is controlling the faces a little more. Here's a before/after where I wasn't happy with the amount of wrinkles on Nicki's face, so I ran a new partial render for her face. Then I airbrushed around her eyelids a little to hide the problem of her eyelashes clipping off her eyelids.

View attachment 1989167
You've clearly gotten better at Daz in a short period of time!

I still need to learn Photoshop, because I would be SOL if I was in the same position :KEK:

Don't ever let anyone make you think this stuff is easy to do.

But it is FUN to do (usually, when you don't accidentally save over another file because you meant to just copy a scene over with a similar name :KEK:)

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeonGhosts

pr0n

Aug 23, 2017
You've clearly gotten better at Daz in a short period of time!

I still need to learn Photoshop, because I would be SOL if I was in the same position :KEK:

Don't ever let anyone make you think this stuff is easy to do.

But it is FUN to do (usually, when you don't accidentally save over another file because you meant to just copy a scene over with a similar name :KEK:)

51skXXDI5nL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Canes

May 27, 2018
Holy shit! Some very disturbing facial "expressions" on display here, uncanny valley stuff. But hey, that means it can only get better from here on out. Right?

Really good work on the story and writing, dev, but keep working on improving the renders and especially the expressions. My advice is to use reference images. It's what most 3d artists do.

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Holy shit! Some very disturbing facial "expressions" on display here, uncanny valley stuff. But hey, that means it can only get better from here on out. Right?

Really good work on the story and writing, dev, but keep working on improving the renders and especially the expressions. My advice is to use reference images. It's what most 3d artists do.
I think "Holy shit!" is over-stating the problem a bit. But, I also think the art is improving with every chapter.

018_Camera (2).png

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
I don't know. My first reaction to seeing this was "Holy Shit".

View attachment 1997386

But you're right, it is looking much improved of late.
I appreciate the feedback. As is mentioned in the OP and a few times throughout the thread, I didn't do the art for Chapter One. Currently in the process of remastering it.

NickiRemake2.png

I still don't think Chapter One looks bad, but it's the result of me explaining what I want, and someone else doing their best to interpret that into images. As a result, sometimes expressions might be a little too broad.

riichidesu

Sep 25, 2021
I appreciate the feedback. As is mentioned in the OP and a few times throughout the thread, I didn't do the art for Chapter One. Currently in the process of remastering it.

View attachment 1997393

I still don't think Chapter One looks bad, but it's the result of me explaining what I want, and someone else doing their best to interpret that into images. As a result, sometimes expressions might be a little too broad.
Every time I see that image/scene in Chapter One I can't help but think "Man, nothing screams Nouveau riche like those ugly red things in the middle of your living room" :LOL:

NeonGhosts

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Good. First chapter is what makes the first impression. Try to polish it as much as you can, that's what can retain player base for long enough to get to Gabi and other best parts.

Also, can't wait to see more of Britanie. Hope she would be in the new chapter.
Wish -- GRANTED!

013_Camera.png

For anyone wondering what's up with the update, I'm on an all-day render-spree, trying to bring this thing to completion. Currently around 800 renders, and moving right along.

4.50 star(s) 188 Votes