Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Really roundabout way of saying that you think women are gullible and helpless. Not a great look.
I don't think that's what he's saying. I could be wrong though. I look at it that there are a percentage, small perhaps, of people, male and female, who are gullible and helpless.

• Angry
Reactions: brybry1311

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Why would I know anything about your life?
Thing is though, Nicki hasn't gotten to that point yet. Would you have found it fair or reasonable if people called you a simpering cuckold or whatever relevant to your personal situation before you managed to extricate yourself from it?

Obviously Nicki is just some code in a magic box, but the culture of victim-blaming is very real in here
Lol you think that if you date a guy that treats everyone around him like shit, then makes you partly responsible for a gambling debt, willingly pimps you out and then gets you in debt by forging your signature not red flags ...... Story does not really add if he also alienated her from all or most of her former friends so will not add that one. Then him behaving as an asshole to all of them likely would be enough over time anyway. :p

Yeah if you read my first remark, you would see I said that way MC as setup if Nicky had chosen him before he got his money the game would have been very short. You would also have seen I gave kudos to Neon for fact he balanced Nicky well enough that she was not just bad or a complete victim, but there was more to her that was also likable. Please keep the slut for yourself cause I never said she was one or is one. Someone that made wrong decisions though, for sure.

Edit: I should hope you know nothing about my life, you were the one though that presumed I had not gone through something like that. Unfortunately that is not true. I have been there and survived.

Last edited:

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Amen.

Funny thing, I mostly play dark paths in most (well-written) games but Nicki is so authentic I don't really have it in me, it's too close to reality compared to most of the other stuff even though obviously anything on the dark path would be horrible to do in real life
I actually prefer the middle-ground path. Abusing the power dynamic a tad, but because it leads to kinkier outcomes that seemingly everyone enjoys. It allows me to step outside of myself, be and act in ways that I would never in real life; in the ways that a lot of fiction does. Would I myself extort sex from Nicki when she first asked for help, or make a move on Ashe in the alleyway? FUCK NO! But even then, NeonGhosts allows for various shades of grey to play out. Talking dirty to Nicki and making her answer her phone when her boyfriend calls mid-coitus? Fucking hot as hell, and you can navigate that scene in such a way that she appears to have enjoyed herself (keeping in mind that might not actually be the case, but we're limited to Guy's perspective). But when Nicki is cleaning herself up in the bathroom after she comes back with the tattoos? That's just crosses the line from something you could write off as mutually beneficial adulterous sex-work, to a much more obvious instance of abuse of the power dynamic and taking advantage of her trauma. The former is in the fun and kinky grey zone, the later is a clear breach of ethical boundaries I'm just not comfortable crossing. That the narrative can both make me invested enough to so strongly self-insert my own ethical framework and put it to the test, speaks to it's strength.

Sartain

Jul 4, 2017
I actually prefer the middle-ground path. Abusing the power dynamic a tad, but because it leads to kinkier outcomes that seemingly everyone enjoys. It allows me to step outside of myself, be and act in ways that I would never in real life; in the ways that a lot of fiction does. Would I myself extort sex from Nicki when she first asked for help, or make a move on Ashe in the alleyway? FUCK NO! But even then, NeonGhosts allows for various shades of grey to play out. Talking dirty to Nicki and making her answer her phone when her boyfriend calls mid-coitus? Fucking hot as hell, and you can navigate that scene in such a way that she appears to have enjoyed herself (keeping in mind that might not actually be the case, but we're limited to Guy's perspective). But when Nicki is cleaning herself up in the bathroom after she comes back with the tattoos? That's just crosses the line from something you could write off as mutually beneficial adulterous sex-work, to a much more obvious instance of abuse of the power dynamic and taking advantage of her trauma. The former is in the fun and kinky grey zone, the later is a clear breach of ethical boundaries I'm just not comfortable crossing. That the narrative can both make me invested enough to so strongly self-insert my own ethical framework and put it to the test, speaks to it's strength.
Yeah that's pretty much exactly how I roll too :D

Reactions: EvolutionKills

Sartain

Jul 4, 2017
I don't think that's what he's saying. I could be wrong though. I look at it that there are a percentage, small perhaps, of people, male and female, who are gullible and helpless.
As I see it, it's a bit like murder. We all *think* we're not that kind of person, that we're better, but under pressure that's not the reality at all.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dark Silence

whizwart

Apr 11, 2022
Not sure if anyone gave a real explanation, so I will just in case. Neon couldn't keep the game on Patreon under some of the newer rule changes, but he didn't want to bail on the platform, so they started making 2 versions of the game. A "clean" version for Patreon called Friends Indeed, and the regular version which is released via Subscribstar (still need the taboo patch to get full access).

HPYY

Dec 5, 2023
Wh
Not sure if anyone gave a real explanation, so I will just in case. Neon couldn't keep the game on Patreon under some of the newer rule changes, but he didn't want to bail on the platform, so they started making 2 versions of the game. A "clean" version for Patreon called Friends Indeed, and the regular version which is released via Subscribstar (still need the taboo patch to get full access).
whats full access have?

Dr.Slime

Nov 15, 2022
So now for the FA game we have here (which is not vanilla) is 0.4, The new one 0.55 is vanilla version.
So how long for the Brutal most wanted version to come out?

Reactions: michel.gellar7

HPYY

Dec 5, 2023
So many girls in the main page game picture but we haven't met or had scenes with them all right? That pink haired girl flexing her biceps sure could use some brutality hehehe

HPYY

Dec 5, 2023
T
Much more hardcore stuff than the base game. More brutal actions, incest fantasies, etc. If you don't mind spoilers, the walk-though does a great job noting what the patch adds.
thanks, but which should I download to get the new content? Is it that vanilla version ch 8 v0.55? Does it have the brutal scenes? I normally download the first one

superwulfram

Mar 19, 2018
what's the difference between vanilla and non-vanilla version?
this was said the page before, not sure if it answer ur question fully

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
After having played nice Guy, Nicki's action make no sense, because on that route, she has an out and doesn't take it. Guy doesn't even guilt her for taking the money.

After having played both routes, there appears to be more sex on the vanilla version, but the stories make a lot more sense on the taboo version.

Reactions: zeph19

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I really liked Nicky as a friend even when she was dating when she was introduced ( i dont like ntr but i not one of those psychos who think someone else wife is his so if she fuck her husband is ntr those people are CRAZYY ) my problem with her is she keep messing up and coming to the mc for help, making the same mistakes, and then go off with some dude them come back all fucked up, instead of coming to the mc for help as soon as her bf did something wrong and breaking up, i would be okay even if she had another bf and was not into the mc, but this MESS she made and them coming back again for help this make me really dont like her, what is sad cuz she is cool when she is not being stupid, also she was like this to those 2 guys and sudden she want to be brave agains the mc what is a turn off like the mc is worse than those guys ?
I only recall her coming to the MC once for help maybe twice depending on your pov. I don't really counting what Brent made her do at the start as she didn't want to do it or was her idea. I really only count the 2nd time cause that's when she actually needed the help.

Your points are fair since it's just a different point of view but I can understand it. The way I see it she didn't come to the MC for help again right away because she didn't want to take advantage of again and probably felt like shit doing it the first time. That and she probably wanted to try to do things on her own. As to me the it seemed like she actually cared and valued the MC's friendship. That and she barley even asked for help the 2nd time she more or less was just asking for a place to stay for just a few days. It was the MC that made it into a job and something longer term until she decided to move out on her own so didn't feel like she was taking advantage of the MC even more than she already did by living with him for longer than she wanted 2.

Again that's just my point of view and felt like sharing it.

After having played nice Guy, Nicki's action make no sense, because on that route, she has an out and doesn't take it. Guy doesn't even guilt her for taking the money.
That may be true but I also think she didn't want to take advantage again of the MC and felt bad for doing it the first time since she valued their friendship. From that point of view it makes sense.

• Angry

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Well, damn. Haven't really been browsing the threads lately so this surprised me. I had a pretty shitty day today too so this is just the most welcome kind of surprise. (edit: typos)

Thank you Neon for making one of the very few VNs I still follow at this point. And also for being a bro and just hanging out in the thread with us bozos.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeonGhosts
4.50 star(s) 194 Votes