Apr 2, 2020
I think the problem with the dark path is that it's too strong right off the bat that the tone is basically stuck on black and that the mc can't really suffer consequences so your basically dealing with equivalent of a murder hobo from D&D who just killing everyone for the hell of it with 0 push back so it feels like the mc has already won and were just going thru the motions it's a bit monotone .

I think if the mc was bit less heavy handed and had to work for it and risk failure
It might be more interesting .

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jaffa55 and Simpgor

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I think the problem with the dark path is that it's too strong right off the bat that the tone is basically stuck on black and that the mc can't really suffer consequences so your basically dealing with equivalent of a murder hobo from D&D who just killing everyone for the hell of it with 0 push back so it feels like the mc has already won and were just going thru the motions it's a bit monotone .

I think if the mc was bit less heavy handed and had to work for it and risk failure
I do think it might be going a bit in a better direction depending on your choices, hard to really say. Take this with a grain of salt since im not a Dark Path player as I dont watch any of the Dark path lewds but read the dialogue before and after the lewds, for context and only play it to see consequences that will eventually happen after I played all my other saves.

But Last time I played the dark path I picked to drug Ashe and choice to only sleep next to her and not rape her. In the morning I told her I didn't have sex with her. Before she left she gave guy some kind of look like she almost felt bad for him, like she can tell he is lonely or something. Which makes me think it could potentially open up a redemption arc with her or something only time will tell. Nicki has something kind of similar too where you can apologize but if I recall that one felt a bit weird as if I recall correctly she kind of forgave him too easily and acted like nothing happened. I hope if there is a redemption arc planned for Ashe it isn't brushed under the rug like with Nicki.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020

I mean Guy (or any "dark path" mc in any split path game) literally can't suffer any real consequences until the end of the game/early end of the route.

Guy was more or less friendless and just a step above pepper "poverty level" (if anybody would pay Guy would 100% be camming at the start of the game).

If he scares away every LI (because he a dark mode degen) Guy is more or less friendless but financially comfortable for life.
Neon has shown that there can still be some interesting progression in the dark path but shit can't catch up with Guy until the end as a consequence of being a vn released in parts

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I mean Guy (or any "dark path" mc in any split path game) literally can't suffer any real consequences until the end of the game/early end of the route.

Guy was more or less friendless and just a step above pepper "poverty level" (if anybody would pay Guy would 100% be camming at the start of the game).

If he scares away every LI (because he a dark mode degen) Guy is more or less friendless but financially comfortable for life.
Neon has shown that there can still be some interesting progression in the dark path but shit can't catch up with Guy until the end as a consequence of being a vn released in parts
I think it depends on your definition of a real consequence to guy personally. I think Nicki leaving is a real consequence as she was guys best friend so her leaving should make him go more psycho and feel depressed. Not just that it would impact his charity as she was helping keeping it afloat. Now yes he can just hire someone new and that is a temporarily consequence but her leaving does have 2 significant consequences id say. Or rather it should not sure if Neon will touch on these consequences. Sorry for tagging you NeonGhosts but writing this comment has me curious. Have you ever mentioned in the past if Nicki leaving will impact Guy in someway I assume it would but not sure if you ever mentioned exactly how before. If you havent or if it's a bit of a spoiler don't worry about answering just curious.

But you are also right there cant be a real consequences that lands Guy dead or in Jail for a significant amount of time until the game is over. However Neon could still write in some smaller ones at some point guy gets arrested and bailed out and he just isnt found guilty until the end of the game, for example.

Reactions: Tom7902000

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
But you are also right there cant be a real consequences that lands Guy dead or in Jail for a significant amount of time until the game is over. However Neon could still write in some smaller ones at some point guy gets arrested and bailed out and he just isnt found guilty until the end of the game, for example.
Yes they certainly could but (I feel like I say this in every post I make here) "content creep" is clearly something Neon has taken active steps in minimizing. Even a "small" "defeat" would mean Neon has to write/render new locations/people that only a subset of subset of people would see.

Then we have to ask do most dark path bois even want that? I would imagine they want a power fantasy where they can do whatever they want (if that dude talking about Risa and a dumpster is any indication....)

Reactions: PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Yes they certainly could but (I feel like I say this in every post I make here) "content creep" is clearly something Neon has taken active steps in minimizing. Even a "small" "defeat" would mean Neon has to write/render new locations/people that only a subset of subset of people would see.

Then we have to ask do most dark path bois even want that? I would imagine they want a power fantasy where they can do whatever they want (if that dude talking about Risa and a dumpster is any indication....)
Easily fixable, just make a render with Guy being buggered in jail, another one being obliterated by police and so on. Now, everytime you want to end the game after a dark path use one those bad endings.

1712761393841.png

• Haha
Reactions: Simpgor

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
Love path is great
If all the girls can co relate with each other
Then a pool party sex with all would be amazing :love:

But sometimes there is no harm in Dark path
If you're looking for harem content, you'll either have to play the corruption route or wait until the game is complete for romantic harem, if Neon decides to do it. The game is meant to be more realistic and grounded in that sense, just fyi. But, some of the LIs will be ok with sharing if that counts :)

there's a corruption path? i thought it just dark path and love path? and is the corruption path for ashe is that the incest?
The incest is for romance route for sure, maybe corruption route too, haven't played that yet (probably looking forward to the most actually). Basically, if money or blackmail are involved rather than love or force, it's probably the corruption route.

I do think it might be going a bit in a better direction depending on your choices, hard to really say. Take this with a grain of salt since im not a Dark Path player as I dont watch any of the Dark path lewds but read the dialogue before and after the lewds, for context and only play it to see consequences that will eventually happen after I played all my other saves.

But Last time I played the dark path I picked to drug Ashe and choice to only sleep next to her and not rape her. In the morning I told her I didn't have sex with her. Before she left she gave guy some kind of look like she almost felt bad for him, like she can tell he is lonely or something. Which makes me think it could potentially open up a redemption arc with her or something only time will tell. Nicki has something kind of similar too where you can apologize but if I recall that one felt a bit weird as if I recall correctly she kind of forgave him too easily and acted like nothing happened. I hope if there is a redemption arc planned for Ashe it isn't brushed under the rug like with Nicki.
You know, I haven't seen that specific scene myself, but bouncing off your description, I wonder if Ashe purposefully hit Wren with her car. They were young and we don't know the details after all. Could be that Wren doesn't even know that. Would also inform why she doesn't mind MC driving fast in the car (accident = fear + regret, purpose = just regret), though you could easily chalk that up to time and moving on. I've never taken sleeping pills, so I don't know what they're supposed to be like, and certainly not when mixing with alcohol, but if her state of mind is affected in the morning by them, and she did hit Wren on purpose, perhaps she's projecting herself onto MC in that moment. Just something fun to think about.

And about Nicki, I think that's just supposed to be her personality. She seems easy to push around, slow to hate, and quick to forgive. At least when it comes to MC.

Lcarver232

May 1, 2023
For me too, honestly. There's a reason I don't want to draw out the dark paths too long. They're just not super fun to write, after a while.
I've not been part of this conversation at all really so forgive me if I'm missing some information but like what does this mean? Are you just going to stop writing the dark path at some point, are you going to culminate it all in some bad ending, either of those would be really sad, imo, cause this is one of the only games I've found to do dark stuff at all well, and the dark path is the only reason I play the game :/

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
I've not been part of this conversation at all really so forgive me if I'm missing some information but like what does this mean? Are you just going to stop writing the dark path at some point, are you going to culminate it all in some bad ending, either of those would be really sad, imo, cause this is one of the only games I've found to do dark stuff at all well, and the dark path is the only reason I play the game :/
I think some can go for long like the Britanni one, where you can exploit her and basically own her for her success. I do like that there is some splash of realism in that you can't treat someone like shit and they are not retaliating or leaving like Nikki. I could see a Viola path go a long way in the dark path, and the same with Mason. Ashe, on the other hand, is going to have a bad ending or give you bad consequences because she has backbone, and it's going to fight you back.

Reactions: Eland51298

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
If you're looking for harem content, you'll either have to play the corruption route or wait until the game is complete for romantic harem, if Neon decides to do it. The game is meant to be more realistic and grounded in that sense, just fyi. But, some of the LIs will be ok with sharing if that counts :)

The incest is for romance route for sure, maybe corruption route too, haven't played that yet (probably looking forward to the most actually). Basically, if money or blackmail are involved rather than love or force, it's probably the corruption route.

You know, I haven't seen that specific scene myself, but bouncing off your description, I wonder if Ashe purposefully hit Wren with her car. They were young and we don't know the details after all. Could be that Wren doesn't even know that. Would also inform why she doesn't mind MC driving fast in the car (accident = fear + regret, purpose = just regret), though you could easily chalk that up to time and moving on. I've never taken sleeping pills, so I don't know what they're supposed to be like, and certainly not when mixing with alcohol, but if her state of mind is affected in the morning by them, and she did hit Wren on purpose, perhaps she's projecting herself onto MC in that moment. Just something fun to think about.

And about Nicki, I think that's just supposed to be her personality. She seems easy to push around, slow to hate, and quick to forgive. At least when it comes to MC.
I vaguely recall Ashe said Wren wasnt hit a car tho but rather Ashe drove off the road with her inside but I do see your point that is a interesting way to look at the scene I described on the Dark path if you drug and only sleep next to Ashe. Not something I would of thought of.

Lcarver232

May 1, 2023
I think some can go for long like the Britanni one, where you can exploit her and basically own her for her success. I do like that there is some splash of realism in that you can't treat someone like shit and they are not retaliating or leaving like Nikki. I could see a Viola path go a long way in the dark path, and the same with Mason. Ashe, on the other hand, is going to have a bad ending or give you bad consequences because she has backbone, and it's going to fight you back.
The use of the word realism is kinda ridiculous imo cause this game is so far off what anyone could call that anyway, that to prevent some content that would likely be good (in my eyes) in the hope of preserving it, seems pretty ridiculous and nonsensical to me. I get that some people may want it to be as realistic as it can be, but honestly I highly doubt those people are playing dark route, and the addition of realism to the dark route, to me, only screams that the dev themselves isn't really into it, or vastly prefers other paths. It's what happens in most games I've played tbh cause having a dev with that as their main interest is rare. I think there'd always be a way to move dark path relationships forward and not doing it would come down to laziness.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
and the dark path is the only reason I play the game :/
Surely you are a supporter (financially)? Because I don't think many dev cares if a single pirate stops playing or did you really say "I hope the thing I pirate from dev fits my wants and if It doesn't I'll stop stealing it!" :HideThePain:

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
and if he is a supporter?
Then why are they making their point on a piracy site instead of a anychannel where Neon is more likely to take it seriously? If Neon took everything seriously (here) he would end up having to make hyper simp romance scenes (for pure bois like joshy) and also let Guy get all rapey any LI at any given opportunity (again Risa and dumpster)

He goes on to say that not doing the dark path would be "down to laziness" (after all he likes it why wouldn't everyone else?!?!) so I'm suuuure he is a reasonable person who understands game development :BootyTime:

Edit: If I called Neon Lazy because he has teased incest (both with thoughts and RP with Ashe) but still no incest, onlt to the threaten to stop playing all while ignoring the whole patreon overreaching bullshit I wouldn't expect to be taken seriously

Last edited:
Reactions: Joshy92

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
How the bloody hell do you get from her thinking he's lonely if he drugs her to make her stay the night without sex, to her deliberately hitting Wren with a car? Not that she did hit her with a car, they were both in the car when she crashed.

Reactions: Eland51298

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Then why are they making their point on a piracy site instead of a anychannel where Neon is more likely to take it seriously? If Neon took everything seriously (here) he would end up having to make hyper simp romance scenes (for pure bois like joshy) and also let Guy get all rapey any LI at any given opportunity (again Risa and dumpster)

He goes on to say that not doing the dark path would be "down to laziness" (after all he likes it why wouldn't everyone else?!?!) so I'm suuuure he is a reasonable person who understands game development :BootyTime:

Edit: If I called Neon Lazy because he has teased incest (both with thoughts and RP with Ashe) but still no incest, onlt to the threaten to stop playing all while ignoring the whole patreon overreaching bullshit I wouldn't expect to be taken seriously
Now I totally want more romantic wholesome moments.
For example what if we take Risa on a date and hold her hand? Also if she gets cold I'll give her my jacket.
And finally if the wind blows Risa's hair into her face I'll tenderly push it to the side so I can look at her beautiful face unobstructed.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Now I totally want more romantic wholesome moments.
For example what if we take Risa on a date and hold her hand? Also if she gets cold I'll give her my jacket.
And finally if the wind blows Risa's hair into her face I'll tenderly push it to the side so I can look at her beautiful face unobstructed.
This is the one time I have to disagree with your romance fantasy and you know I love hand holding. Everything that Risa is going through I dont want to hold her hand but I want to hold her tightly as we walk almost like a walking sideways hug. As to me I think she needs Guy to be there and protect her and show her everything will be okay and she can get through and fight her drug addiction. I imagine this under the the lit up night sky at the park as we walk to go on a dinner date and then we walk home together and cuddle and I give some head pets that she deserves for the rest of the night.

4.50 star(s) 190 Votes