NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
She, in the dark playthrough it is SHE. Did we ever learn what her name was before, don't think Mason is a womans name.
Trans folks often refer to their birth name as a dead name if they have changed it. Mason could have changed it from a similar name like Maisie or something like that or it could be a name that otherwise was meaningful, such as his grandfather's name. Some transpersons find the use of their dead name hurtful and demeaning, although it can be difficult to avoid in some instances such as speaking about a time in the past when they went by that name. Intentionally using dead names or refusing to address trans people by their preferred pronoun is an act of pointless cruelty. Like if you find out that someone has a phobia and you intentionally expose them to what they have the irrational fear of because you think it is funny when they scream and cry. Causing distress to no end other than your personal amusement. Gender dysphoria is a diagnosable medical condition and transitioning is a therapy for it. Refusing to cooperate in the transition is like yanking an asthma inhaler out of the hands of someone with COPD and telling them to just stop wheezing because it is annoying you. The dark path with Mason may have a terribly dark end. The suicide rate for homeless trans youths is astronomical, almost as high as that of combat vets suffering from ptsd.

Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
Trans folks often refer to their birth name as a dead name if they have changed it. Mason could have changed it from a similar name like Maisie or something like that or it could be a name that otherwise was meaningful, such as his grandfather's name. Some transpersons find the use of their dead name hurtful and demeaning, although it can be difficult to avoid in some instances such as speaking about a time in the past when they went by that name. Intentionally using dead names or refusing to address trans people by their preferred pronoun is an act of pointless cruelty. Like if you find out that someone has a phobia and you intentionally expose them to what they have the irrational fear of because you think it is funny when they scream and cry. Causing distress to no end other than your personal amusement. Gender dysphoria is a diagnosable medical condition and transitioning is a therapy for it. Refusing to cooperate in the transition is like yanking an asthma inhaler out of the hands of someone with COPD and telling them to just stop wheezing because it is annoying you. The dark path with Mason may have a terribly dark end. The suicide rate for homeless trans youths is astronomical, almost as high as that of combat vets suffering from ptsd.
honestly that sounds like a load of bs. most of the times there are much deeper reasons, that are probably connected to person being mistreated in the past. instead of fixing/treating these reasons woke apologists shove person even further down this rabbit hole by pandering to whatever these trans persons find suitable to escape from themselves and reality. if we go down this way, then all shizos, sociopaths, narcissists etc etc should also be encouraged to act as they see fit, because forcing them to connect to reality is also serves no purpose other than our personal amusement.

Reactions: Eland51298

Mickademous

Nov 21, 2017
honestly that sounds like a load of bs.
It's almost funny how often people who say/post things that are disingenuous, inaccurate, incorrect, misinformation, and generally cruel start their comments with "honestly".

If you don't like something, that's your prerogative.
However, trying to present your lack of understanding toward mental health as something more than ignorance is just wrong.

In the future, feel free to keep your close-minded, ill-informed, bigotry to yourself.

As an alternative, perhaps you could try to educate yourself about the difficulties, disorders, and hardships that the people you belittle go through. I'd be happy to give you actual medical and scientific references should you decide to do so.

Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
It's almost funny how often people who say/post things that are disingenuous, inaccurate, incorrect, misinformation, and generally cruel start their comments with "honestly".

If you don't like something, that's your prerogative.
However, trying to present your lack of understanding toward mental health as something more than ignorance is just wrong.

In the future, feel free to keep your close-minded, ill-informed, bigotry to yourself.

As an alternative, perhaps you could try to educate yourself about the difficulties, disorders, and hardships that the people you belittle go through. I'd be happy to give you actual medical and scientific references should you decide to do so.
dudes what do you mean, some people you are talking about are either inexperienced or literally kids, and kids need guidance, would you like it or not. exposing them to hormonal therapy is insane, even legit illnesses are treated very carefully when it comes to hormones, because things can go south very quickly.

Reactions: Eland51298

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
HOLY fuck, I'm sorry Neon, I'm still going to play the game but I'm muting this fucking thread for now. I'm so so SO fucking tired of seeing this same conversation being rehashed, over, and over, and OVER. Find some new topics and material to talk about you absolute bums holy shit.

Obviously this isn't aimed at everyone, and obviously not you Neon. (y)

Will come back to this thread once the update drops, and hopefully it will be bearable by then.

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
I just read the dev log bro I'm shocked some people don't like the cat ears. I fucking love them.
The beauty of Mason is he's got a vag which he possibly hates having.

Also, he's into the whole "daddy" kink so you know the MC's gonna have his ass rimmed every night. If I were the MC I'd adopt Mason as my own, dress him up like Napoleon Dynamite, then make him squat on a traffic cone.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
The beauty of Mason is he's got a vag which he possibly hates having.

Also, he's into the whole "daddy" kink so you know the MC's gonna have his ass rimmed every night. If I were the MC I'd adopt Mason as my own, dress him up like Napoleon Dynamite, then make him squat on a traffic cone.
I'm going to tell you like I tell my little bro Joshy92 Leave Mason alone. You absolute perv! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
HOLY fuck, I'm sorry Neon, I'm still going to play the game but I'm muting this fucking thread for now. I'm so so SO fucking tired of seeing this same conversation being rehashed, over, and over, and OVER. Find some new topics and material to talk about you absolute bums holy shit.

Obviously this isn't aimed at everyone, and obviously not you Neon. (y)

Will come back to this thread once the update drops, and hopefully it will be bearable by then.
I just have an ever growing list, keeps the thread readable.

Reactions: Mickademous

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I just have an ever growing list, keeps the thread readable.
I don't even put people on ignore I just scroll past if I see something don't care to read or whatever. With the way the ignore function works im a bit to OCD to use it. As i'd want to click the button to reveal what they typed haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Milton749
4.50 star(s) 195 Votes