Dogorti

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2021
The other option is to have a gallery within a save file, where you can jump back to scenes you've played. But, at that point it seems like.. Why not just have save files for those scenes?
That's what i do with all the games i play lol.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I would do that, but I don't like how messy the save pages look with multiple saves.
yeah that's harder to do with this game since I don't know how many paths there is going to be, especially if we get throuples or small harems paths in the future. ( I think I read that is something we might get not sure) I save each path on it's own page file plus with all the branching will just make things even more confusing if I did it for scenes. Now I could do it for my favorite scenes without it being messy would only need 1 -2 page files at most maybe 3.

Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
In case anyone was wondering yes I'll make love to every single babe in the game. Heck I would even bang that hot influencer chick.

• Wow
Reactions: BlenderGuy

Mushybird

Sep 17, 2021
Let's all try to be nice to each other in here, plzzzzz

I appreciate the discussion, though. I tend not to weigh in on certain topics, but it's always nice to see people's perspectives.

Also! Here's an incomplete/unfinished version of the Chesty Cheetahs exterior. I figured out how to make neon signs using a simple PNG file and Daz's billboard builder. Considerably better than buying the $20 neon sign kit on the Daz marketplace.. >_>

View attachment 3938632

One of my patrons has actually been working on something for this, building on the work of an f95 member. But, the difficulty is that each scene has so many variations just based on variables/values that a traditional, main menu-launched gallery with playable scenes, is kind of difficult. So, the options at this point seem to be a gallery that launches to only one particular variation of a scene, or an option to choose, broadly, the nature of the scene, which would then still be sans certain customizations.

The other option is to have a gallery within a save file, where you can jump back to scenes you've played. But, at that point it seems like.. Why not just have save files for those scenes?

So, it remains a sticky wicket for the moment. I'd like to launch the Chapter One remake with some kind of gallery function in place. But, exactly what that might look like is still up in the air.
Have you played "Long Live the Prince"? The gallery system that game has could be a good baseline idea for how this games gallery could work. I know that a menu would pop up that gives you all the varables that the characters in the scene could have, such as is this the first time this scene is happening? Is a certain spell active? Did you make x character your gf? Etc Etc...
Now admittedly, I don't know exactly how many variables are working under the hood for each scene in Friends in Need. If it's so many that every scene in the gallery would have 15 boxes pop up, yeah maybe we just stick with a simpler one. Idk. I think that this game is too good not to be able to see every scene again, especially if you want to check out a combo you may have never known existed for a scene. I think it'd be fun.
Just my two cents on the topic!

Apr 1, 2023
As a woman that's been a victim, hearing about IRL rapes makes me feel sick and quickly leave the room if it's being talked about on a TV or scroll away on a website or what have you. It never really bothers me in games or other fiction. I had no problem playing the dark route, despite my IRL experiences. My favorite VN of all time is a Japanese game I won't mention the name of due to the rules that left me completely emotionally devastated that had several dozen rape scenes.

• Sad
  • Red Heart
Reactions: HiP1 and Dogorti

duckydoodoo

Nov 9, 2023
The dark path needs an accomplice to fall into proper literary erotic horror territory. in BH understood and Jackie got a gf, in Story of the Eye the narrator got his gf simone, in natural born killers Mickey has Mallory. Also the narrator is supposed to escape in the end not get caught and punished. Its not because the he doesnt deserve it, but because in real life monsters exist and thrive. That's why hero's exist in literature. Not so people can believe they are a hero, but so the common people can feels like some day some how justice will pervail.

Sadly the only character that would work as Guy's accomplice/gf would be Mason, unless his sister finally shows up. We don't know her character but being related it would be very plausible for her to have the same dark streak as MC. I wonder if she will ever actually show up one day, regardless of path.

Dee_Daa

Jul 21, 2021
in real life corruption plays a big role on why alot of bad peaple stayed out of prison some countries more then others i have read stories about cartel lords or wealthy chinese bussiness man doing horrible things to girls and only getting 18 months jail or even getting away whit it...some are are even hidden by the government itself since it will torn the image of the ruling party...the world is a dark place and only god knows whats truly going on on the higher parts of society...even so i do believe that we humans are generally good :)

4.50 star(s) 200 Votes