Kuroyuki28

May 1, 2021
I already told him what is causing it and how to fix it, just waiting for him to fix his script. Gonna take a while for him to do it because he has a bunch of animations to fix. It's an issue with developers using "show" in their script for animations but not hiding the animation afterward so it continues to run in the background.
So sort of like a memory/cpu leak?

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
So sort of like a memory/cpu leak?
Yeah, exactly. Each animation will pile up until you hit a "scene" in the script, which effectively shuts down any running animations. I've seen a couple games that didn't use scene at all so the animations just piled up, with the CPU being throttled until an eventual crash. Worst case scenario, it could even melt someone's processor if the processor fail-safes fail (unlikely, though).

Last edited:

Kisz26

May 17, 2021
Let me know if it is all videos lagging for you or not. I find most people that have issues have them with the first part of the game, and then they get better. Some say it is all animated scenes though. The video used are simple WEBM files that should have no issue running, so I am guessing it is in the way that Renpy is rendering them in engine.
And yeah.. the game is laggy in laptop.. full version and compressed.. but in my phone.. its playable.. just a little lag..

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
And yeah.. the game is laggy in laptop.. full version and compressed.. but in my phone.. its playable.. just a little lag..
I am going to try to fix this issue with the current version that I am working on. I am going to try to get updates out a bit faster than normal so that everyone can enjoy the game with no lag, but no promises :) .

tranxx4

Oct 28, 2021
Downloaded and played through chapter 1 and some of chapter 2. I can confirm that more scenes are lagging for me than there were in v0.1.8 on a mid range gaming setup. On my higher end laptop, everything runs smoothly. It does indeed sound like the issue jhustrue stated is the culprit.

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
Addressing the concern on having the code change to where a restart is required. First I will be re-implementing the chapter select option at the start of the game. It will now also allow you to skip the prologue and go straight to Chapter 1 or Chapter 2. Also I will be expanding this function by having a jump point that will take you to content closer to the current end of the game. This feature may be temporary, or kept and updated as needed. Though it is not a huge issue for some, I understand the frustration of having to start all over again each time I muck with the code. This is to help minimize that frustration.

This feature will be back in v0.2.1!

V0.2.0 should not require a restart, but as I have said earlier there were a couple instances where people somehow got locked out of content due to where they saved the game. If this happens a restart will be required. Not sure what happened but it was only like 2 or 3 people that have let me know that this happened.

Initially I was going to just make a save and share it here, but how many people actually leave the default name and enjoy it. Part of the fun is naming the character and becoming him. This is a much better way, in my opinion, to fix this issue. Again, thank y ou for your patience. I will be releasing v0.2.0 here within the next couple of weeks! And depending on how fast I finish v0.2.1, there may be a faster turn around for that update as well.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I just got the end of content notice before I did the "A summons from Eli" event. The one where you go for a combat tournament and get shipwrecked.
Not really a big deal since I knew the event was there, but an event checklist might be a little more useful than an end of content notice just for the whole sandbox thing. A little quest log or something. No idea how easy that'd be to do or if it'd even be backwards compatible.

Once again I want to physically strangle Osian. Excellent writing, he is by far my most hated villain on this site.
I have a bit of an imagination so maybe this is a little far out, but why do I get the feeling that Selnek is the one who tore out poor Sylthia's eyes? Seems he was around back then from that last conversation and he's the exact kind of scum who'd do that.

Jun 19, 2021
Idk about the rest of u, but I hope we can save sister cammy and oliva and the osian sister from being sick and save his daughters from being forced to get married so there dad can be rule the world. Also i cant wait to see what that paper says on the desk that freaked the daughter out. but only the developer know what we will do. Plus i wouldnt be surprised if one or both of the daughter runs away and runs into the MC or someone that will help them and direct them to the MC. but other then that good game

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Either Kylie's got a rocket in her pocket or she's real happy to see the MC.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I had a bit of trouble triggering the new content. My latest saves from last update weren't triggering the repeat of the amazon event. The save I had from after the amazon event wasn't triggering any events at all. The saves I had that were mid event weren't loading the new scenes or triggering any new ones. Everything was on a fresh playthrough from 0.1.9
It worked after I loaded a slightly older save and skipped through the last couple updates worth of content.
If anyone else is having trouble getting the new content that's what I'd do. I'll follow up if I'm having any more problems after.

I have to ask, is there a planned time skip coming up? Cause it's looking like if you make Nyla wait too long she'll just bust through that 4th wall and make an L patch herself.
Loved seeing Zoe and Miis again.
Always good to see Osian getting pissed off. Guess that book his daughter found really fucked him over, hope we can "rescue" her nice and soon. The rate he's going though we aren't even going to need to do anything about him, he's just going to keel over from a burst aneurysm.

Only finished the follow up to the Amazon event so far but it really seemed like a big one. Great start to the update.

Erochaser

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2021
Either Kylie's got a rocket in her pocket or she's real happy to see the MC.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I had a bit of trouble triggering the new content. My latest saves from last update weren't triggering the repeat of the amazon event. The save I had from after the amazon event wasn't triggering any events at all. The saves I had that were mid event weren't loading the new scenes or triggering any new ones. Everything was on a fresh playthrough from 0.1.9
It worked after I loaded a slightly older save and skipped through the last couple updates worth of content.
If anyone else is having trouble getting the new content that's what I'd do. I'll follow up if I'm having any more problems after.
Some people had issues with old saves, and some did not. I was not able to pinpoint it nor duplicate it. Was a weird issue that a couple of my Patrons discovered, but a new game fixed it for them. Once v0.2.1 is released here there will be an option to skip toward the end to avoid having to replay all of the game again if you don't want to.

Kisz26

May 17, 2021
Some people had issues with old saves, and some did not. I was not able to pinpoint it nor duplicate it. Was a weird issue that a couple of my Patrons discovered, but a new game fixed it for them. Once v0.2.1 is released here there will be an option to skip toward the end to avoid having to replay all of the game again if you don't want to.
I got locked out too in new events too.. I got triggered boni and eli summon event but after that nothing comes in.. Sleep for a week and nothing happens.. Zzz~

BFC 78

Jan 23, 2022
I just finish the new scene with Talia is this end of the new update? or maybe I'm missing something and Erochaser you have a way with words in a way and second part with Amazon tribe made me laugh than the new scene with Bonnie and knowing the fate of Bonnie's baby made my heart drop for her and then that one hell of a twist oh shit I never saw that one coming

• Red Heart
Reactions: Erochaser

misdark

Apr 28, 2018
I got locked out too in new events too.. I got triggered boni and eli summon event but after that nothing comes in.. Sleep for a week and nothing happens.. Zzz~
Found a solution you need to load a save before your first amazon visit/bonnies appointment, now i got it to trigger

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
K if you're okay with playing a character named "Big Dick" "Horsecock" then this save right here is right at the beginning of new content and should get you through the update without restarting.
If not then look through your earlier saves, by loading one during or before Bonnie's appointment I've been able to continue playing without a restart.

3.70 star(s) 36 Votes