Unity Abandoned Frosh Life [v0.6.1] [Sexy Simulations]

4.80 star(s) 17 Votes

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Has a family AND he expects to make a living out of an adult game? i mean that's very stupid to think that.
I dunno, I mean I have a big family, multiple kids, 6 partners, (though only 3 of them are serious full time partners), & I still find time to coach 3 creators on here on how to write properly, (i.e. proper story boarding, pacing, character crafting & development, etc....) & help them edit their content & work out plot ideas.

Granted, I don't do it as a business, I don't code or do renders & I do the shit that I do in discord while I work at my main job, but hey, it counts. XD

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
That’s a pipe dream, it’s irresponsible to have your family depending on the success of an adult game.
A lot of us on this site have made so many posts about that you'd think devs would take the hint.

One Lie has just been abandoned for the same reason.

The chances of making money with your first game is so slim you may as well be relying on winning the lottery. It takes most devs multiple games to build up enough of a player base to start making money.

Most devs won't ever make a living doing this but will make enough to call it side cash on top of a full time job.

The devs that do make a career out of this have either been going for years or got extremely lucky but even then there aren't many of them.

At best you can expect to earn between 100 to 1k a month max. It's an over saturated market in a time when the world has gone to shit and only just started recovering. Disposable income isn't what it was and adult games isn't a viable career choice.

At best it's a hobby you can make a bit of money doing.

abc123xyz

Jul 7, 2019
At best it's a hobby you can make a bit of money doing.
Somehow the guy still has 18 patrons and $120 a month. So... free money?

But yea. People jump into this stuff the same way people jump into Twitch streaming or YouTube video creating. They'll stream for a few hours a day for a few weeks, get 3 viewers and quit or they'll make a dozen YouTube videos, get 100 total views and quit. If you see a successful streamer or YouTube channel, you can bet they went for 2 or 3 years with basically zero views before they started getting noticed. Same goes here. Unless you get incredibly lucky or are making something better than anyone has ever seen, you aren't getting any significant patron support off of your first project or three.

Sucks, because the renders on this one look really good. I am almost tempted to download it, but considering it won't ever be finished I'll just end up disappointing myself if I like it.

nobrumski

Donor
May 27, 2019
yes and many patrons just sign up for monthly payment and then forget it eventually.
Yup this is why I have always had an issue with Patreon. The company also continues to make money by having non active accounts continue to collect money. Otherwise I would expect to see something that autopauses any patreon that doesn't update after so long.

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
Yup this is why I have always had an issue with Patreon. The company also continues to make money by having non active accounts continue to collect money. Otherwise I would expect to see something that autopauses any patreon that doesn't update after so long.
I mean there it's their fault for not cancelling really... so Patreon isn't the one to blame :)

Reactions: Envoye

WhoaMyWhat

May 13, 2020
It's been dead for nearly 2 years now. You can't have wanted to see it finished that badly if you only just noticed.
No, played it last year before they marked it on hold. Then whenever I would go through my list and I don't see an update I wait for my next refresh.... finally giving up on it though. really liked it

4.80 star(s) 17 Votes