Unity Abandoned Frosh Life [v0.6.1] [Sexy Simulations]

4.80 star(s) 17 Votes

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
At first I wasn`t sure about this game - not being a fan of sandbox type ones, but I`m glad I stuck with it as it really has turned out to be a great game. The girls are nice and the college feel is pretty cool, humor is great as well...Natalie is a scream. Oh and the shark thing was fucking awesome :LOL:

Reactions: Abhai

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
Maybe there's light at the end of the onhold tunnel ;) ... So let's cross our fingers for the dev's motivation and spirit!

The most recent post of Sexy Simulations on Patreon:

Hi everyone, hope you're doing well out there. Just here for a quick status update. Still no more progress on the game (sorry!). Lack of time and lack of motivation is, unfortunately, a deadly combination. But. I'm starting to feel like it might be fun to get back into it again. Or at least I'm not feeling loathe whenever I think about the game. And that's the best I've felt about the game in months, honestly.
So yeah... I've tried to not let on how low I've felt with regards to the game. I guess what I wanted when I started working on Frosh Life wasn't so much making a game, as it was making a living working on a game of my own. And when that prospect was snatched away from me, it just blew all my motivation and inspiration to smithereens. I guess there are creators out there who can just sit down and do their thing every day even if they are lacking motivation and inspiration (are there? really?), but unfortunately I'm not one of them.
In my darkest moments I've definitely thought about just giving up on the game altogether. But then I've thought - "can't let my patrons down" and "give it some more time". Granted, there's been more time than any of us would have preferred. But I finally feel like I might be over the hill. And that's something, at least.
I still can't promise a lot of progress, I'm still very constrained for time (and I'll need to think of changes to the game to accommodate for that). But you know... fingers crossed!
Hi everyone, hope you're doing well out there. Just here for a quick status update. Still no more progress on the game (sorry!). Lack of time and lack of motivation is, unfortunately, a deadly combination. But. I'm starting to feel like it might be fun to get back into it again. Or at least I'm not feeling loathe whenever I think about the game. And that's the best I've felt about the game in months, honestly.
So yeah... I've tried to not let on how low I've felt with regards to the game. I guess what I wanted when I started working on Frosh Life wasn't so much making a game, as it was making a living working on a game of my own. And when that prospect was snatched away from me, it just blew all my motivation and inspiration to smithereens. I guess there are creators out there who can just sit down and do their thing every day even if they are lacking motivation and inspiration (are there? really?), but unfortunately I'm not one of them.
In my darkest moments I've definitely thought about just giving up on the game altogether. But then I've thought - "can't let my patrons down" and "give it some more time". Granted, there's been more time than any of us would have preferred. But I finally feel like I might be over the hill. And that's something, at least.
I still can't promise a lot of progress, I'm still very constrained for time (and I'll need to think of changes to the game to accommodate for that). But you know... fingers crossed!

tonydurrant

Sep 17, 2019
I just discovered this gem - such a shame that it is currently on hold. I hope that the Dev gets his mojo back and the game continues, so that we can all enjoy it some more. Especially Zoey :)

tonydurrant

Sep 17, 2019
content check!
enough scenes? how much hours of gameplay(if without reading)
I cannot tell you how long it takes without reading, but I can tell you how long I spent on it - that includes checking out multiple paths at each choice. I installed it at 16:24, and did the final save with all steps completed at 01:16 the following morning, so that is just under 9 hours elapsed time (less a little bit to prepare some dinner :)).

If the only reason that you want to play is for the naughty stuff (implied by your asking 'without reading' time) then you might as well not bother. There is just one sex scene (which seemed fairly random), and a sneaky peek at the boobs of the 2 main girls. The story is building, so you will not see much action yet.

Edit: I just checked on the dev's page at and it suggest a play time of half-an-hour per session. As the game is now at version 0.6 that implies about 3 hours of play. From my example, it can clearly be longer if you explore the options.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abhai and Henry73au

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
(implied by your asking 'without reading' time)
yes and no. ... meaning that it was tagged sandbox and many (or most) sandbox players (me included) dont read (attentively, unless some last passage contains some guidance you cannot find in tips or walkthrougs) ...it is like distraction or impediment occuring between a task and a reward (scene)

Reactions: tonydurrant

tonydurrant

Sep 17, 2019
yes and no. ... meaning that it was tagged sandbox and many (or most) sandbox players (me included) dont read (attentively, unless some last passage contains some guidance you cannot find in tips or walkthrougs) ...it is like distraction or impediment occuring between a task and a reward (scene)
Just so you can gauge the content, I don't play that way, so you will get considerably less than 9 hours from the game - expect about 2-3 hours. If you decide to play, I hope that you enjoy it!

Reactions: Henry73au

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
Just so you can gauge the content, I don't play that way
i am loyal to my gameplay and sbx ideals* ;] a reading is not a gaming hence it is skippable .
if a sandbox** developer opt to loose his time& efforts on writing - it is on him.

*for obvious reasons im not a fan of any VN approaches in sandboxes (routes, gameover choices, walls of text)
ideally in sbxes you get the narrative out of visuals, ingame tips, questchains and individual tasks, environment interactions ...and scrollbacks of dialogues which contain some useful info. so it is not quests out of narrative but the opposite.
**that is ofc if we are talking about sandboxes and not about some VNs with sbx ui (semi-vns, quasi-sandboxes, vns-intosandboxes, crossover-hybrids, whatever u call it etc) which mostly exist to agitate readears with that ui. for me such is more like neutral experience (badik,dod etc)

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Oh yeah, it's a nice game.

Kudos and best wishes to the dev.

I really hope to see it completed some day.

PS. For almost two years of development, the game has not much content.

I think that might be the main reason why the dev doesn't get much larger financial support.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gorse and Abhai

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Oh yeah, it's a nice game.

Kudos and best wishes to the dev.

I really hope to see it completed some day.

PS. For almost two years of development, the game has not much content.

I think that might be the main reason why the dev doesn't get much larger financial support.
for almost a year "on hold" there is fairly decent amount of content...
fingers crossed, the dev will continue this game.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
for almost a year "on hold" there is fairly decent amount of content...
I would disagree. The work has started 2019 January, and continued to 2020 October (the last release) or even 2021 January (the announcement that its development stalled). It's two years. Now, the first in-game week was excellent. full of nice details, lovely characters, beautiful models. Then the 2nd in-game week was just several short scenes plus some standard actions like gym/pool-lectures etc. So it's 2 in-game weeks in 2 years. The game should span for over 30 in-game weeks. Question: how long would it take to complete the 30+ week game if 2 weeks took 2 years?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing anything, I just wonder, there must be something wrong with the development process. Cause "the competition" - other college-themed games which get 10 times more money - don't they produce nearly that amount of content every update?

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I would disagree. The work has started 2019 January, and continued to 2020 October (the last release) or even 2021 January (the announcement that its development stalled). It's two years. Now, the first in-game week was excellent. full of nice details, lovely characters, beautiful models. Then the 2nd in-game week was just several short scenes plus some standard actions like gym/pool-lectures etc. So it's 2 in-game weeks in 2 years. The game should span for over 30 in-game weeks. Question: how long would it take to complete the 30+ week game if 2 weeks took 2 years?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing anything, I just wonder, there must be something wrong with the development process. Cause "the competition" - other college-themed games which get 10 times more money - don't they produce nearly that amount of content every update?
yeah, he was much more motivated at the start and he did make better progress, more content then.
the latest few updates are on downside, and though it wasnt officially "on hold" since September last year, it surely was close enough to that.

why this game didnt get more support?
pretty much the same thing as for a few more undervalued good games in making: competition, not so good advertising, not long enough (real) developing process, absence of popular kinks/tags to attract more players etc...probably it being in unity and not renpy could be stated as one of reasons as well (though there are unity games doing fairly well).

and regarding "how long would it take to complete the 30+ week game if 2 weeks took 2 years" the answer is - long, yet not as long as for Ocean to finish either of his two games (if you crossed paths with WIAB and SG)

Reactions: forthewins

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
why this game didnt get more support?
I still think one of the main reasons was slow production rate.

And maybe the lack of actual sex scenes (a brief encounter with a random slut doesn't really count I'd say).

When you are getting large juicy updates, like in BaDIK, you are sure you can donate and you will get great updates in a few months. But when you get
- small updates,
- where all the quests would be "implemented later",
- and the balance shifts to grinding,
it really doesn't look promising. That must be why after the last update the support even dropped a bit.

So I wish the dev to find a bit of that love he already put in this game, and find a way to produce more stuff, while keeping the original quality and fun. Then the support would rise.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I still think one of the main reasons was slow production rate.

And maybe the lack of actual sex scenes (a brief encounter with a random slut doesn't really count I'd say).

When you are getting large juicy updates, like in BaDIK, you are sure you can donate and you will get great updates in a few months. But when you get
- small updates,
- where all the quests would be "implemented later",
- and the balance shifts to grinding,
it really doesn't look promising. That must be why after the last update the support even dropped a bit.

So I wish the dev to find a bit of that love he already put in this game, and find a way to produce more stuff, while keeping the original quality and fun. Then the support would rise.
Those sandbox games in most cases are "slow build", both in terms of content/action and the patreon/substar support.
The dev needs to keep pushing and producing more stuff at consistent rate to attract more support gradually.
Do hope as well he will find his way, and he will put this game back on proper track.

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
Of course we can only speculate about the issues why this nice little game hasn't been developed further for a long, long time.
I agree with you two about the supposable main reasons, Abhai and m0us3r...
additionly (and unfortunately) another one could be that the dev isn't "promoting" his game actively here on F95.
Yeah, this may be a pirate forum but games can gain not only downloads here.
The absence of the dev presenting his game here and initiating enough interest is definitely his own wasted chance :oops:

Do hope as well he will find his way, and he will put this game back on proper track.
Indeed, let's hope and cross our fingers for that!

4.80 star(s) 17 Votes