Unity Abandoned Frosh Life [v0.6.1] [Sexy Simulations]

4.80 star(s) 17 Votes

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
This sounds like a Unity bug from an older leftover version of Unity on a system. Might need to download Unity install it, then uninstall it to clear it out. Or there may be a folder somewhere on your system you could delete to fix it.

snarrff

Feb 8, 2018
This sounds like a Unity bug from an older leftover version of Unity on a system. Might need to download Unity install it, then uninstall it to clear it out. Or there may be a folder somewhere on your system you could delete to fix it.
never had Unity installed on this system other then games that are still loaded and running fine

jospaghettio

Donor
Feb 13, 2019
Doesn't start. 2 laptops. One W8.1 One W10. i5 7300 GTX 1060 Also downloaded from Dev web page in case MEGA files were corrupted. Same result.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Perhaps cold_arctus knows about this issue.
never had Unity installed on this system other then games that are still loaded and running fine
So, I'll wait, LoL !
Doesn't start. 2 laptops. One W8.1 One W10. i5 7300 GTX 1060 Also downloaded from Dev web page in case MEGA files were corrupted. Same result.
Most issue in Unity are due to:
- permission issues: extract a fresh copy on your desktop and not a different drive.
- outdated gpu drivers or unstable beta drivers (AMD Crimson or Catalyst).
- Unity or Windows not using the right gpu: either tell windows or your gpu's vendor software to prioritize your better gpu instead your on-board card (often seen by laptops).
- Missing (optional) Windows updates such as .NET Framework.

Check the games (player) output.log file to be sure what issue you have. The log file is stored in your user's hidden AppData folder. You can access it by: Windows+R and type %appdata%. Then navigate to Locallow folder and look for the dev's game folder. Inside the game's folder is the log file. Feel free to post it here. I will take a look then.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleVT

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
I'm getting the black screen like everyone else

PastedImage.jpg

thats kinda crazy for a 2dcg game

*edit* my log file

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RPJames

Jul 21, 2017
My computer is current, there shouldn't be an issue, but I am getting the brown screen also. I have no problem reinstalling Unity on my computer, my question is, is this game worth me going through that process?

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
Checked the log as cold_arctus suggested.

There was something about "College Life" folder not found.

So i copied "Frosh Life" folder (in AppData/LocalLow/Sexy Simulations) and renamed it to "College Life" and game works now.
Works for me now. This is hilarious.

I bet the only people who've didn't have the black screen problem had played older versions of this so they already had that folder.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Works for me now. This is hilarious.

I bet the only people who've didn't have the black screen problem had played older versions of this so they already had that folder.
I played the very first version, but not the second one, and third worked fine for me. So that might be right.

Might be smart to warn the dev on his itch.io/patreon if that is the solution.

4.80 star(s) 17 Votes