• Sounds in animations

Votes: 246 14.9%
  • More content per Release

Votes: 390 23.6%

• Total voters

J&R Games

Game Developer
Nov 5, 2023
Really enjoying it so far - the animations are really nice! I'm trying to learn how to animate stuff in HS2, do you have any tips/ know any good tutorials? Did you use timeline to animate?
Don't really have any tutorials beyond the basics you'd find here. I had to learn through experimenting and deconstructing other people's scenes. You can download some off the Illusion discord. At the start I used a mixture of piston gimmicks for my main loop and timeline for smaller things like head's moving, but now I'm fully using timeline, although this is much more time consuming. You also need to know about node constraints and there's tutorials on here for that.

As for actual tips for sex animations, the main thing I focus on is getting the main "bounce" right. Most regular sex is going to come from the hips and thighs IK bones. Blowjobs usually have hips, shoulders IK bones + neck FK bone. Handjobs use Hand IK obviously but throwing in the shoulders and hips can make it more dynamic. There's generally a "giver" and a "receiver". Somebody doing the main movement and somebody reacting to that. With this dynamic I do a few things.

You want a bit of overlap between their movement. In other words they shouldn't be moving together and apart in perfect time. If the giver is moving forward the receiver should start moving forward before the giver reaches the end of their movement. Play around with the timing until it looks natural.

Making the giver's hips move before their thighs/shoulders to give the body a little bit of a more dynamic "rolling" look. You can also do this for the receiver as well in reverse, e.g. thighs before hips, but I generally don't bother and just move them together. Where I do this is with the receiver's peripheral limbs e.g. head, feet, and hands move a little after the main body moves.

These tips don't always apply and obviously there's more than one way to skin a cat, but those are the principals I generally follow for a nice "bounce" and that's 80% of a decent animation.

Other than that, another big tip is that if you want something to do more than simple movement and have it look smooth, you're going to have to get creative. E.g. if you want something to move and rotate or move in a circle. One thing I've found is parenting in the main studio workspace window can allow you to have two separate objects affecting movement. For example if you node constraint an object to a body part and then parent that object to something else it allows you two sources of movement/rotation from the first node constraint object 1 and the parent object 2. So if you make object 1 move up and down and object 2 move side to side you end up with a circlular movement on your body part. An actual application of this I use a lot is head nodding/bobbing. I can have the head nodding along with the main bounce, but then also rotate the face different directions and I don't have to animate every new angle and I can adjust the larger rotation without worrying.

Got a bit carried away, but those are the biggest things I've found. I learned through a lot of experimenting and really studying other animations I liked, not just HS2 ones.

Reactions: WaywardVoidGod

lamia2

Aug 17, 2016
Don't really have any tutorials beyond the basics you'd find here. I had to learn through experimenting and deconstructing other people's scenes. You can download some off the Illusion discord. At the start I used a mixture of piston gimmicks for my main loop and timeline for smaller things like head's moving, but now I'm fully using timeline, although this is much more time consuming. You also need to know about node constraints and there's tutorials on here for that.

As for actual tips for sex animations, the main thing I focus on is getting the main "bounce" right. Most regular sex is going to come from the hips and thighs IK bones. Blowjobs usually have hips, shoulders IK bones + neck FK bone. Handjobs use Hand IK obviously but throwing in the shoulders and hips can make it more dynamic. There's generally a "giver" and a "receiver". Somebody doing the main movement and somebody reacting to that. With this dynamic I do a few things.

You want a bit of overlap between their movement. In other words they shouldn't be moving together and apart in perfect time. If the giver is moving forward the receiver should start moving forward before the giver reaches the end of their movement. Play around with the timing until it looks natural.

Making the giver's hips move before their thighs/shoulders to give the body a little bit of a more dynamic "rolling" look. You can also do this for the receiver as well in reverse, e.g. thighs before hips, but I generally don't bother and just move them together. Where I do this is with the receiver's peripheral limbs e.g. head, feet, and hands move a little after the main body moves.

These tips don't always apply and obviously there's more than one way to skin a cat, but those are the principals I generally follow for a nice "bounce" and that's 80% of a decent animation.

Other than that, another big tip is that if you want something to do more than simple movement and have it look smooth, you're going to have to get creative. E.g. if you want something to move and rotate or move in a circle. One thing I've found is parenting in the main studio workspace window can allow you to have two separate objects affecting movement. For example if you node constraint an object to a body part and then parent that object to something else it allows you two sources of movement/rotation from the first node constraint object 1 and the parent object 2. So if you make object 1 move up and down and object 2 move side to side you end up with a circlular movement on your body part. An actual application of this I use a lot is head nodding/bobbing. I can have the head nodding along with the main bounce, but then also rotate the face different directions and I don't have to animate every new angle and I can adjust the larger rotation without worrying.

Got a bit carried away, but those are the biggest things I've found. I learned through a lot of experimenting and really studying other animations I liked, not just HS2 ones.
Thanks so much! This is all super useful - so if i'm reading this right, you tend to parent body parts to objects (like a basic cube or something), and then animate those objects in timeline, rather than animating the body parts themselves? I'll try to put this stuff into practice :)

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes