Who's your least favorite / most hated girl at the moment (V0.5)

• Ladira

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Lin

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Pirlia

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Rachel

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • Sabrina

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Saefia

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Sarlé

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Zoela

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • (Annica)

Votes: 14 11.0%

• Total voters

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
Ask 2 Nyph (how fuck all what was not fast enough) never have sex...
As copilot you can so what you want???? cool just ignore all?
And so one ... so from my point of view .... nice try maybe you should write story before start making this game..

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Ask 2 Nyph (how fuck all what was not fast enough) never have sex...
As copilot you can so what you want???? cool just ignore all?
And so one ... so from my point of view .... nice try maybe you should write story before start making this game..
Well, I don't quite understand what you mean by the first sentences. But I can say that I like the story of the game and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the next update. In addition, the game explains a lot about the history of the different races and the history of that particular universe. Another thing is that you don't like the game's plot, which may be, but saying that it doesn't have one is rather inaccurate.

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
So you have 2 Sex orientate Sex loving females what show off as Child like the most Females .... Think
Well, I don't quite understand what you mean by the first sentences. But I can say that I like the story of the game and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the next update. In addition, the game explains a lot about the history of the different races and the history of that particular universe. Another thing is that you don't like the game's plot, which may be, but saying that it doesn't have one is rather inaccurate.

Reactions: BlasKyau

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
getting this error in the compressed version.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not find font 'Fonts/FrontPage Pro-Medium.ttf'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 4566, in script
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1266, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 927, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 666, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3912, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2602, in draw_screen
    surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
  File "render.pyx", line 495, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 266, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 884, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 884, in render
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 704, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1334, in render
    surf = render(child,
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1334, in render
    surf = render(child,
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 2109, in render
    virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 656, in __init__
    glyphs = ts.glyphs(s, self)
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 255, in glyphs
    fo = font.get_font(self.font, self.size, self.bold, self.italic, 0, self.antialias, self.vertical, self.hinting, layout.oversample)
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\text\font.py", line 717, in get_font
    face = load_face(fn)
  File "E:\downloadftp\Various Files\Funkelregen0 5-pc-Compressed\Funkelregen0.5-pc\renpy\text\font.py", line 658, in load_face
    raise Exception("Could not find font {0!r}.".format(orig_fn))
Exception: Could not find font 'Fonts/FrontPage Pro-Medium.ttf'.

Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Funkelregen 0.5
Sun Jun 16 14:22:20 2024
Funkelregen [v0.5] [Janamus Sura] - Compressed

Win/Linux [1,22 GB]
MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - - WORKUPLOAD

Mac [1,20 GB]
MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - - WORKUPLOAD

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I get this from the compressed version as well.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
I get this from the compressed version as well.
Uploaded a fix and reuploaded teh compression. If dev adds custom fonts they should pack them into the /game folder and not /renpy. As when rebuilding it the extra fonts older gets deleted :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Janamus Sura

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
Uploaded a fix and reuploaded teh compression. If dev add custon fonts they should pack them into the /game folder and not /renpy. As when rebuilding it the extra fonts older gets deleted :/
Much appreciated, thank you.

Reactions: Bob69

Janamus Sura

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Another release and as it’s tradition, it’s now time for me to unload my spare thoughts on the state of the game:

Minimap / Questlog update:

One of the more common complaints I got was about the fundamental gameplay loop. Basically, you look into the quest log, advance the time to the given point, do your event – and repeat… To ease this problem, the newest version possesses an “event signifier” i.e. the hearts in the girls’ portraits. I guess, this system is very helpful and will nullify this complaint – even I became scarily dependent on this feature during testing...

But this system isn’t perfect yet…

First of all, there are probably still a few bugs hidden inside of that system (although none have been found at the moment) and second, this system only cares about events activated by interacting with a girl. That means events started by entering certain locations, interacting with the galaxy map as well as events with Voice aren’t captured by this system. In other words, when in doubt: Trust the quest log…

One of the limiting factors for this problem complex is a “mistake” in the coding infrastructure of the minimap from my side. For those who understand RenPy: At the moment, the minimap is an image map, with the portraits as additional image buttons on top. My plan now is to convert the minimap into a combination of image buttons as well – just like the galaxy map.

That means I will have the ability to individually target certain rooms and highlight them when an event is about to take place there. Additionally, the ship will have some changes in the room layout, so the change in the underlying coding structure is helpful as well. Furthermore, I’ll add portraits/hotspots on the minimap for Voice in the MC’s cabin as well as for the galaxy map. I think that should cover every possible event in the game…

A new feature, that also saw the light of day last week, is the reworked quest log. Most of my reworks were just “beautification” of the old concepts, while the new feature itself is positioned in the top right corner. This table highlights which character will play a major role in the quest line.

I know, this “feature” is probably of very limited use… But I just woke up one day and wanted to make this feature… Probably the only people, who will get a good use out of this feature, are those who want to ignore certain LIs…

Additionally, I could add further functionality to this table and make them clickable, so you can get teleported to a LI from the quest log.

Since (almost) no one complained or even mentioned the UI changes, I assume everything works and looks fine.

Lin‘s Cabin:

I have to admit, I haven’t done much with the possibility to enter the girl’s cabins and since this feature’s implementation, I haven’t even opened up further cabins. But as you can probably tell from the title of this chapter, this is going to change soon…

As you might have guessed, Lintar is the next one, who will grant the MC access to her sanctum. But Lin is kind of a special case… I hope I got her characterization to a point, where she appears to be quite uptight/frigid in public, but you know she can be quite kinky behind closed doors, which will be of course important in her room…

My plan for her cabin is that every time you try to enter it, there’s a 50%, that basically nothing happens and you enter the cabin as you would any other cabin, while the 50% will turn into something spicy.

You would catch Lin dressed up in one of her (fetish) outfits posing in front of her mirror basically for herself. As soon as the MC walks in she models her current outfit for him. At this point, the available outfits for this will be the lace set she wore during one step in the quest “All the way Down” as the base-line outfit and the latex pants as well as the maid dress as soon as their requirements are met. In the future, I’ll probably add some scenarios including self-bondage gone wrong, but that’s probably a long road to go… (ETA version 0.11)

HS2_2024-06-22-00-47-42-026.png

I also want to limit the scope of these interactions. They will probably be only 5 to 10 lines long and will not feature any intercourse, since these random events could get annoying if you need to visit Lin in her cabin for story reasons. But in the end, I want to know, what do you think about this kind of approach...

Reworks

As I have mentioned in the last dev diary, the next scenes I want to rework are the Pirlia x MC scene from version 0.2 as well as Rachel’s thighjob and Pirlia’s cunnilingus in the shower.

Apart from them, I’m almost running out of scenes, that are in need of a rework. So if you think, there’s another scene in the game, where you think I could do a better job by now, please let me know.

Additionally, I’ve already shown in the prelude to version 0.4, that I’m willing to not only rework graphics but also story bits if necessary. So if you think, there’s a scene/event messing up a story/character development, you can let me know – I guess this will mostly become necessary when discussing the following part:

Poll Analysis

First of all, thank you all for your contribution to helping me to make the game better! Second, here’s the final result of the previous poll about your favorite LI. I’ll reference it in the next paragraphs:

Screenshot 2024-06-15 092925.png

Next, we have the poll from this update asking, who’s your least favorite LI? First of all, there’s a lower participation this time around. Although a higher voter turnout would be nice, I have to give a big shout-out to everyone who abstained, because he couldn’t pick a favorite. I see that as a huge compliment! Anyway, here is the poll result from this time as seen on f95:

Screenshot 2024-06-21 235742.png

First, the obvious ones: Rachel has the lowest result with just 5.2%, which isn’t very surprising to me. Second, Annica is quite high on the poll. After all, Annica isn’t a real LI (yet), has only one sex scene and about 20% the lines of a full LI.

Next, there are Ladira, Lin, Sabrina, and Sarlé. Those four are quite low in this poll and are more or less in sync with the old poll. Therefore I don’t see the need to change something about them or to discuss them lengthily (I anyway wouldn’t have much to say about them…). The only thing that surprised me was how well Sarlé performed in both polls… I don’t have a good explanation for that at the moment...

Next are the two Illabs. What’s interesting about them is the fact, that they performed very well in both polls, meaning there’s a large group of people liking them as well as another group, that strongly dislikes them, thus changing too much about them, would always anger at least one group. Therefore, I’m not going to change much about them, since the favorites outweigh the negatives percentage-wise. One guess for this dichotomy could be their loli-ish appearance, that’s either hit or miss for most people.

But to go into more detail, the dislike of Saefia is probably rooted in her (way too) sex-positive character, where you have to fear she’s going to cheat, the moment you lose sight of her. I’ve already tuned down the very NTR-ish aspects of her, but some still take some offense to her. We will talk lengthy about where to go with her in the long term in the next dev diary or in the one after that.

Also, let’s talk a little bit about Zoela. She ruled the last poll with almost 20% but also came in second this time. Additionally, to the point mentioned above, a reason for the high disliking could be the general disliking of femdom, although my guess is that that’s also the main source of her popularity…

But in regards to Zoela’s femdom and her scene in particular, I think I made a mistake. In principle, D/s relationships should be predicated on trust, yet at this point in the story, Zoela is certainly the least trustworthy of the LIs. Even her whole scene is basically a distraction and after that, she “forgets” the MC.

Since Zoela’s monopoly on main quests is basically broken at the current point, I can now focus more on developing her relationship and hopefully, the next scene with her will be more consensual/trustworthy. Additionally, since Zoela is an Illab after all, she’s physically powerless against the MC. So I imagine that in future scenes with her (ETA V0.7 / V0.8) the MC might be allowed to quite literally flip her over, instead of continuing to endure her “torture”.

Okay… now let’s talk about the big blue elephant in the room… With 20%+ Pirlia is undeniably the least favorite LI. There could again be a couple of reasons: First, again a general disliking of femdom or muscle girls. Additionally, Pirlia is the most alien LI, which is the most distant from the average human.

But these three points fall all under “it’s not my cup of tea” and I think they are not enough to explain this break out toward 20%+, so there have to be other factors, for whom only I am to blame. There could be her at times quite rude character as well as her rather underdeveloped character. Whatever it may be, that makes you dislike Pirlia, please tell me. Also, I’d very much appreciate, it if you also have any proposals, that don’t fundamentally change Pirlia’s concept.

All in all, I’m pretty pleased with the result of this poll with the exception of Pirlia. All are quite tight together and except Pirlia, there are no big deviations. Also, if you feel like I butchered your reason for your disliking, please let me know.

Music

I have to admit, especially during the beginning of the game, I didn’t carefully select the music I put in my game. Therefore there are many pieces of music, that can be a bit jarring/annoying/misfitting. Examples of that are Lin, Pirlia, Sabrina as well as Annica and Adrian’s (main) themes, just to name a few…

Additionally, for sex scenes, there are (with 3 exceptions) only 3 pieces of music in the entire game. I certainly need to change something on that front. The optimal is of course to have one theme for each scene, but it will probably end up being one sex theme per LI.

In other words, for version 0.6 I will once again go through the whole game and have a look at all the different audio files, adding tracks and changing misfitting ones. This is also the point, where you should speak up, if there’s a theme, that’s grinding your gears and you wish to be gone.

Preview / Progress Report:

As per usual, all the texts for version 0.6 are already written and ready to be filled with renders and animations:

Screenshot 2024-06-22 005055.png

I’m quite pleased with this distribution, although Sabrina is a little bit low on lines…

This update will start with a medium-sized linear part, which will start where the last update ended. This linear part will start with my first try at a mini-game i.e. a turn-based playable space combat, on which I am currently working, but more to that on another day…

Screenshot 2024-06-22 005312.png

Additionally, the second half of this linear part will also already contain the obligatory beach day episode:

HS2_2024-06-22-01-03-48-429.png

After that, normal on-the-ship free-roam will continue. As you can see, the update is also on the large side of things, with 1500+ LI lines. It will also contain 5 sex scenes, so buckle up!

You’ve probably realized, that there aren’t many pictures / concrete preview pictures this time around. Also, I have to disappoint you, by telling you I haven’t completed much for the next update. This update is going to be bigger and probably more complex than the last ones. Also, I have more other stuff to do, so can’t concentrate as much on the game as I’d like to.

I’d estimate, that the first beta will be released somewhere in July and the full release is going to start somewhere in maybe September. These are baseless estimations at the moment...

Keywords:

All in all, I’m pretty happy with the current update and I haven’t gotten much meaningful/usable criticism this time. But if you want to help make the game better regardless, here are the talking points from this post, I’d like to have your opinion on:

• Thoughts on the minimap/quest log rewords
  • Thoughts on Lin’s cabin
  • Further candidates for reworks
  • Reasons for disliking Pirlia
  • Disagreements for my reasoning of the poll results
  • Music themes, that you want to be gone
I hope you like this dev log and I hope you’ll tune in again in a few days...

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Another release and as it’s tradition, it’s now time for me to unload my spare thoughts on the state of the game:

Minimap / Questlog update:

One of the more common complaints I got was about the fundamental gameplay loop. Basically, you look into the quest log, advance the time to the given point, do your event – and repeat… To ease this problem, the newest version possesses an “event signifier” i.e. the hearts in the girls’ portraits. I guess, this system is very helpful and will nullify this complaint – even I became scarily dependent on this feature during testing...

But this system isn’t perfect yet…

First of all, there are probably still a few bugs hidden inside of that system (although none have been found at the moment) and second, this system only cares about events activated by interacting with a girl. That means events started by entering certain locations, interacting with the galaxy map as well as events with Voice aren’t captured by this system. In other words, when in doubt: Trust the quest log…

One of the limiting factors for this problem complex is a “mistake” in the coding infrastructure of the minimap from my side. For those who understand RenPy: At the moment, the minimap is an image map, with the portraits as additional image buttons on top. My plan now is to convert the minimap into a combination of image buttons as well – just like the galaxy map.

That means I will have the ability to individually target certain rooms and highlight them when an event is about to take place there. Additionally, the ship will have some changes in the room layout, so the change in the underlying coding structure is helpful as well. Furthermore, I’ll add portraits/hotspots on the minimap for Voice in the MC’s cabin as well as for the galaxy map. I think that should cover every possible event in the game…

A new feature, that also saw the light of day last week, is the reworked quest log. Most of my reworks were just “beautification” of the old concepts, while the new feature itself is positioned in the top right corner. This table highlights which character will play a major role in the quest line.

I know, this “feature” is probably of very limited use… But I just woke up one day and wanted to make this feature… Probably the only people, who will get a good use out of this feature, are those who want to ignore certain LIs…

Additionally, I could add further functionality to this table and make them clickable, so you can get teleported to a LI from the quest log.

Since (almost) no one complained or even mentioned the UI changes, I assume everything works and looks fine.

Lin‘s Cabin:

I have to admit, I haven’t done much with the possibility to enter the girl’s cabins and since this feature’s implementation, I haven’t even opened up further cabins. But as you can probably tell from the title of this chapter, this is going to change soon…

As you might have guessed, Lintar is the next one, who will grant the MC access to her sanctum. But Lin is kind of a special case… I hope I got her characterization to a point, where she appears to be quite uptight/frigid in public, but you know she can be quite kinky behind closed doors, which will be of course important in her room…

My plan for her cabin is that every time you try to enter it, there’s a 50%, that basically nothing happens and you enter the cabin as you would any other cabin, while the 50% will turn into something spicy.

You would catch Lin dressed up in one of her (fetish) outfits posing in front of her mirror basically for herself. As soon as the MC walks in she models her current outfit for him. At this point, the available outfits for this will be the lace set she wore during one step in the quest “All the way Down” as the base-line outfit and the latex pants as well as the maid dress as soon as their requirements are met. In the future, I’ll probably add some scenarios including self-bondage gone wrong, but that’s probably a long road to go… (ETA version 0.11)

View attachment 3758074

I also want to limit the scope of these interactions. They will probably be only 5 to 10 lines long and will not feature any intercourse, since these random events could get annoying if you need to visit Lin in her cabin for story reasons. But in the end, I want to know, what do you think about this kind of approach...

Reworks

As I have mentioned in the last dev diary, the next scenes I want to rework are the Pirlia x MC scene from version 0.2 as well as Rachel’s thighjob and Pirlia’s cunnilingus in the shower.

Apart from them, I’m almost running out of scenes, that are in need of a rework. So if you think, there’s another scene in the game, where you think I could do a better job by now, please let me know.

Additionally, I’ve already shown in the prelude to version 0.4, that I’m willing to not only rework graphics but also story bits if necessary. So if you think, there’s a scene/event messing up a story/character development, you can let me know – I guess this will mostly become necessary when discussing the following part:

Poll Analysis

First of all, thank you all for your contribution to helping me to make the game better! Second, here’s the final result of the previous poll about your favorite LI. I’ll reference it in the next paragraphs:

View attachment 3758075

Next, we have the poll from this update asking, who’s your least favorite LI? First of all, there’s a lower participation this time around. Although a higher voter turnout would be nice, I have to give a big shout-out to everyone who abstained, because he couldn’t pick a favorite. I see that as a huge compliment! Anyway, here is the poll result from this time as seen on f95:

View attachment 3758076

First, the obvious ones: Rachel has the lowest result with just 5.2%, which isn’t very surprising to me. Second, Annica is quite high on the poll. After all, Annica isn’t a real LI (yet), has only one sex scene and about 20% the lines of a full LI.

Next, there are Ladira, Lin, Sabrina, and Sarlé. Those four are quite low in this poll and are more or less in sync with the old poll. Therefore I don’t see the need to change something about them or to discuss them lengthily (I anyway wouldn’t have much to say about them…). The only thing that surprised me was how well Sarlé performed in both polls… I don’t have a good explanation for that at the moment...

Next are the two Illabs. What’s interesting about them is the fact, that they performed very well in both polls, meaning there’s a large group of people liking them as well as another group, that strongly dislikes them, thus changing too much about them, would always anger at least one group. Therefore, I’m not going to change much about them, since the favorites outweigh the negatives percentage-wise. One guess for this dichotomy could be their loli-ish appearance, that’s either hit or miss for most people.

But to go into more detail, the dislike of Saefia is probably rooted in her (way too) sex-positive character, where you have to fear she’s going to cheat, the moment you lose sight of her. I’ve already tuned down the very NTR-ish aspects of her, but some still take some offense to her. We will talk lengthy about where to go with her in the long term in the next dev diary or in the one after that.

Also, let’s talk a little bit about Zoela. She ruled the last poll with almost 20% but also came in second this time. Additionally, to the point mentioned above, a reason for the high disliking could be the general disliking of femdom, although my guess is that that’s also the main source of her popularity…

But in regards to Zoela’s femdom and her scene in particular, I think I made a mistake. In principle, D/s relationships should be predicated on trust, yet at this point in the story, Zoela is certainly the least trustworthy of the LIs. Even her whole scene is basically a distraction and after that, she “forgets” the MC.

Since Zoela’s monopoly on main quests is basically broken at the current point, I can now focus more on developing her relationship and hopefully, the next scene with her will be more consensual/trustworthy. Additionally, since Zoela is an Illab after all, she’s physically powerless against the MC. So I imagine that in future scenes with her (ETA V0.7 / V0.8) the MC might be allowed to quite literally flip her over, instead of continuing to endure her “torture”.

Okay… now let’s talk about the big blue elephant in the room… With 20%+ Pirlia is undeniably the least favorite LI. There could again be a couple of reasons: First, again a general disliking of femdom or muscle girls. Additionally, Pirlia is the most alien LI, which is the most distant from the average human.

But these three points fall all under “it’s not my cup of tea” and I think they are not enough to explain this break out toward 20%+, so there have to be other factors, for whom only I am to blame. There could be her at times quite rude character as well as her rather underdeveloped character. Whatever it may be, that makes you dislike Pirlia, please tell me. Also, I’d very much appreciate, it if you also have any proposals, that don’t fundamentally change Pirlia’s concept.

All in all, I’m pretty pleased with the result of this poll with the exception of Pirlia. All are quite tight together and except Pirlia, there are no big deviations. Also, if you feel like I butchered your reason for your disliking, please let me know.

Music

I have to admit, especially during the beginning of the game, I didn’t carefully select the music I put in my game. Therefore there are many pieces of music, that can be a bit jarring/annoying/misfitting. Examples of that are Lin, Pirlia, Sabrina as well as Annica and Adrian’s (main) themes, just to name a few…

Additionally, for sex scenes, there are (with 3 exceptions) only 3 pieces of music in the entire game. I certainly need to change something on that front. The optimal is of course to have one theme for each scene, but it will probably end up being one sex theme per LI.

In other words, for version 0.6 I will once again go through the whole game and have a look at all the different audio files, adding tracks and changing misfitting ones. This is also the point, where you should speak up, if there’s a theme, that’s grinding your gears and you wish to be gone.

Preview / Progress Report:

As per usual, all the texts for version 0.6 are already written and ready to be filled with renders and animations:

View attachment 3758077

I’m quite pleased with this distribution, although Sabrina is a little bit low on lines…

This update will start with a medium-sized linear part, which will start where the last update ended. This linear part will start with my first try at a mini-game i.e. a turn-based playable space combat, on which I am currently working, but more to that on another day…

View attachment 3758078

Additionally, the second half of this linear part will also already contain the obligatory beach day episode:

View attachment 3758079

After that, normal on-the-ship free-roam will continue. As you can see, the update is also on the large side of things, with 1500+ LI lines. It will also contain 5 sex scenes, so buckle up!

You’ve probably realized, that there aren’t many pictures / concrete preview pictures this time around. Also, I have to disappoint you, by telling you I haven’t completed much for the next update. This update is going to be bigger and probably more complex than the last ones. Also, I have more other stuff to do, so can’t concentrate as much on the game as I’d like to.

I’d estimate, that the first beta will be released somewhere in July and the full release is going to start somewhere in maybe September. These are baseless estimations at the moment...

Keywords:

All in all, I’m pretty happy with the current update and I haven’t gotten much meaningful/usable criticism this time. But if you want to help make the game better regardless, here are the talking points from this post, I’d like to have your opinion on:

I hope you like this dev log and I hope you’ll tune in again in a few days...
Well, I didn't vote for Pirlia, but it's because I dislike Zoela more, not because I like Pirlia. The truth is that the only reason why I'm not interested in Pirlia is femdom. And I voted for Zoela because I disliked the beginning of her scene (I didn't go beyond there) more than any scene that Pirlia has (and I don't like these at all)

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
You already know my thoughts on Zoela and Pirlia in general, but I'll elaborate a bit further on Pirlia: even before finding out her lewd scenes would be exclusively aggressive-femdom in nature, I already disliked every single interaction that happened with her. She comes off as an abrasive, aggressive, hostile, bigoted asshole, and doesn't seem to have any redeeming qualities that would encourage me to look past the emasculation.

slashimus

Mar 2, 2019
Is it possible to raise Ladira's affection to 4 in this update? She seems stuck at 2 and I don't have any more opportunities to raise it...same with Lintar...she needs a 5 to go further and no opportunities to raise her affection anymore.

Janamus Sura

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Is it possible to raise Ladira's affection to 4 in this update? She seems stuck at 2 and I don't have any more opportunities to raise it...
Raising Ladira's affection to 5 is posible since version 0.2, although I have to admit, esspecially the first few are quite tricky... If one threshold wasn_t achieveable, there would have been a notice:
Screenshot 2024-02-03 211031.png
same with Lintar...she needs a 5 to go further and no opportunities to raise her affection anymore.
Looks like I have to give them some easy to optain replacement points next update...

slashimus

Mar 2, 2019
Raising Ladira's affection to 5 is posible since version 0.2, although I have to admit, esspecially the first few are quite tricky... If one threshold wasn_t achieveable, there would have been a notice:
View attachment 3759999

Looks like I have to give them some easy to optain replacement points next update...
Thanks but I am too far in the game to go back and redo all those events and choose the other option. I mean...why would I ever run over Saefia??? And why would I, in the name of all that is holy, think to switch up my first choice in an exposition heavy dialogue of choices? I would think that it would not matter which I asked about first. And at the time I didn't have those quests in my log I don't think. so why would I prioritize looking for every little point if there was no point to gaining any?

If the quests remain in the next update and there are options to increase my points further then that would be ideal...but there is way too much happening over the course of the game to try to go back and replay the whole scenario to get a few badly placed points.

Its not a sex-heavy game, it is a dialogue and lore heavy game...which is great by the way...but then don't make getting progress with the girls into something that requires tediously picking around many different options. I honestly don't even see why you have points used in that way if the game is broken up into totally separate quests. You can gate what happens and when by use of quest blocking...raise affection naturally through the course of the game and don't make it into a chore...its not really making it any better IMO.

Last edited:

Damn1t

Mar 5, 2022
How do you get Rachel to 8 affection? also i'm sorta confused. I went to the battleship on the map then I get the cutscene where it goes to a certain character saying its the end of 0.4 yet its 0.5 is that just a message from 0.4 and 0.5 didnt continue that part of the story?

Last edited:

Janamus Sura

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
also i'm sorta confused. I went to the battleship on the map then I get the cutscene where it goes to a certain character saying its the end of 0.4 yet its 0.5 is that just a message from 0.4 and 0.5 didnt continue that part of the story?
Remember, game devs are also people... and people are dumb... It should have said "0.5" of course and you've reached the end of the main arc for now.

How do you get Rachel to 8 affection?

Reactions: Damn1t

garyH

May 25, 2017
Don't have much input on the minimap and quest log, both seem to function fine.

Adding minor scenes to all the girls cabins sounds like it could be fun, kind of like the shower scenes.

As for reworking characters, my biggest issues have always been Saefia and Zoela. I love the loli models but Seafia's fuck everything that moves, and likely many things that don't, mentality if very off putting to me. Zoela's issue for me is the whole femdom thing, though I can't see that ever really being fixed if that's meant to be part of her character as I just don't like femdom in most cases. Honorable mention would go to Ladira simple because she doesn't even really seem like a relevant character yet, she only seems to exist to occasionally progress others stories.

While I didn't vote for Pirlia, I still like Zoela least of all characters, I'm not particularily a fan of Pirlia either. The whole muscle girl this isn't exactly appealing to me, and the rudeness isn't exactly a turn on either, my biggest issue is the agressive femdom. Her tossing the MC around and using him like a toy just doesn't appeal to me at all

Don't really have any disagreements about your pole result reasoning that hasn't been mentioned already.

First thing I do with any game I download here is mute the music so I really have no input on the music.

After this update, I can't say my LI rankings have changed at all but I can see Lin jumping up next to rachel as my favorite once the bondage/sub stuff starts to take off.

slashimus

Mar 2, 2019
I don't really have any issues with any of the girls mentioned. Each has their own personality and if their sex scenes are skippable then that should suffice. Why make interesting characters if you're going to just dumb them down to appease the masses? Then just don't give them any personality at all. These are all people that have existed before the MC came on the scene (some for hundreds of years before), I can't see any reason that in the distant future where there is no pressure from religious groups on a particular race that the females (especially Illabs in this case) would be likely to to be close to celibate or limit themselves to a single partner or indeed have any reluctance about sexual excursions at ALL with any sex/race.

I don't have a serious problem with Pirlia, she is focused on being as tough as possible maybe to the exclusion of seeing the other side...that may be something to work into the story later so she gets at least a slightly different perspective and becomes a bit softer...but I'm against a drastic personality change for her or for Zoela for that matter.

Now Ladira is another matter...she doesn't really stand out as having much of a personality and that needs changing...like a lot. I hope your upcoming updates are addressing that.

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Thanks but I am too far in the game to go back and redo all those events and choose the other option. I mean...why would I ever run over Saefia??? And why would I, in the name of all that is holy, think to switch up my first choice in an exposition heavy dialogue of choices? I would think that it would not matter which I asked about first. And at the time I didn't have those quests in my log I don't think. so why would I prioritize looking for every little point if there was no point to gaining any?

If the quests remain in the next update and there are options to increase my points further then that would be ideal...but there is way too much happening over the course of the game to try to go back and replay the whole scenario to get a few badly placed points.

Its not a sex-heavy game, it is a dialogue and lore heavy game...which is great by the way...but then don't make getting progress with the girls into something that requires tediously picking around many different options. I honestly don't even see why you have points used in that way if the game is broken up into totally separate quests. You can gate what happens and when by use of quest blocking...raise affection naturally through the course of the game and don't make it into a chore...its not really making it any better IMO.
The only LI with which I don't have enough points to continue her story is Pirlia. But I don't want to continue her story so it isn't a problem. In fact I have actively sought not to give her points.

Janamus Sura

I think I already commented at some point that people weren't going to be happy to find out that they don't have enough points to continue the story of some LIs and discover that they don't have an easy method to obtain them.

For now I haven't advanced in Lintar's story, so later I will find out if I like her or not.

For now I can say that I like Sarle, Sabrina, Rachel, Annica and Ladira

Personally I don't feel particularly attracted to Saefia, at the moment she's an LI that doesn't quite convince me. In my opinion, the changes made to the game have been an improvement, but her past sex life means I still have no real interest in her. In reality, these changes have served more to improve my opinion of other LIs than to improve my opinion of Saefia.

Within harem fans there is a large group that doesn't like slutty LIs (who are very liberal with sex). Even if you don't see sex scenes with other guys (or girls), the fact that are made constant references to her past sex life is enough to put quite a few off. And you won't be able to do much to change their opinion. So the best thing is to accept it and continue her development as you had planned.

In my case, as the references to her past sex life increase, the more my interest in her decreases. So if those references remained at 0, the chances of me being interested will be much higher than what I would have with a couple of references, and immensely greater than what I will have as they continue to grow.

so, let’s talk a little bit about Zoela. She ruled the last poll with almost 20% but also came in second this time. Additionally, to the point mentioned above, a reason for the high disliking could be the general disliking of femdom, although my guess is that that’s also the main source of her popularity…
I suspect that most of those who voted for Pirlia don't like Zoela either, and vice versa, those who voted for Zoela mostly won't want to know about Pirlia either.

Those who don't like femdom won't find that scene appealing even if you improve the MC's trust in Zoela.

Furthermore, the fact that femdom is later changed to maledom isn't, for me, an improvement. In reality, although I like femdom less, I don't like either of those things.

I don't like femdom at all, so there is no way you can improve her so that I like her.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.5

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

PIXELDRAIN
MEGA

Size 1225 MB

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Updates are faster on .

Game Developers: Want to talk about an official Android version for your game? Come join my Discord.
Updated my android port.

Janamus Sura

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2023
Anniversary.png

So it really has been a whole year already…

Exactly one year ago I released the first version of my game into the wild and the game has grown unbelievably much. And of course, I need to thank all of you, who walked this way – regardless of whether you accompanied me since the start or if you joined a week ago… you are the people making all of this possible…

But on this special day, I’m not coming with just empty words… Today I’m releasing version 0.5.1. In addition to some bug fixes and spelling corrections, I’ll also release some real content. The core feature of this small little update will be the mini-game I teased right at the end of the last release i.e. turn-based space combat between Funkelregen, the Pilo Tarsteri, and a Meran battle group. Additionally, there will be 5 to 10 minutes of normal visual novel content until I reach a point fitting for the usual cliffhanger.

But this little gift comes with a little string attached – a little task… try to break the mini-game!

There are a lot of variables, states, and an almost amount uncountable combination thereof and I want this shit to work! So if you encounter any bugs, graphic glitches, or grave balancing errors, please let me know! The best way to contact me is still my Discord server ( ). Since this here is probably going to become the framework of similar future encounters, I need it to work and a few hundred (or maybe even thousand) eyes will be able to find more than my humble self…

Changelog (compared to full release 0.5:
  • 98 new HD renders
  • 97 new animations
  • 5.246 new lines of code
  • Space combat minigame

Current stats:
  • 5.528 HD renders
  • 196 animations
  • 51.487 lines of code
  • about 6 in-game weeks of content

The new update can be downloaded for free here:

If you feel generous today, you can also support me on Patreon (the first beta will hopefully arrive soon...):

Reactions: msku
3.60 star(s) 7 Votes