Unity Furlorn [v0.15] [Sanctioned13]

Jan 29, 2019
Sanctioned13 After playing it for a bit, I got a few questions (I know its still early for some things, but still)

• the user experience needs some work
    • switching between walking / combat by having to press a key feels bad
      • what if you could attack if you had a weapon equipped
      • when you have a weapon equipped, you can also just walk around without attacking anyone
      • when you attack someone they go into attack mode
        • you could also have enemies go into attack mode if you get too close to them
    • the dialog system feels very rough
      • dropdown for choices, but why?
        • what about a list of choices instead, that change depending on the previous choice
    • the hotbar UI feels very big
      • you should put it at the very bottom, no bottom padding
      • make the squares go side by side without padding
      • the stat bars could be condensed into a smaller space? They are somewhat spaced out atm
      • the one Minecraft uses is a good example of a hotbar that is minimalist but good
  • the scene with the dog was nice
    • we really need a moveable camera of some sorts (free floating or switching between angles?)
  • add keybind settings please
    • also, being able to close menu's with ESC would be nice, now it always opens the pause menu
  • about worldbuilding
    • don't use endless flat plains in the end result, please
      • spice it up with hills, forests, mountains, points of interest, beaches etc
    • also check your collision meshes, I can walk through stuff lol
    • the edges around the water are too steep and you can't get out once you fall in
      • and what about a swimming animation? Or just prevent people from entering the water
  • Bugs I found
    • I had a situation in the prison where the cell block elevator would come down,
      but it would not go back up (fixed by going into another area and coming back)
    • I had another situation in the prison where I got caught by two male enemies and they both started a rape scene at the same time
    • Also in the prison when talking to a trader, I got a rape scene while in the menu of that trader
      • Perhaps pause the rest of the game loop when in a menu?

Last edited:

Sanctioned13

Feb 3, 2022
Sanctioned13 After playing it for a bit, I got a few questions (I know its still early for some things, but still)

• the user experience needs some work
    • switching between walking / combat by having to press a key feels bad
      • what if you could attack if you had a weapon equipped
      • when you have a weapon equipped, you can also just walk around without attacking anyone
      • when you attack someone they go into attack mode
        • you could also have enemies go into attack mode if you get too close to them
    • the dialog system feels very rough
      • dropdown for choices, but why?
        • what about a list of choices instead, that change depending on the previous choice
    • the hotbar UI feels very big
      • you should put it at the very bottom, no bottom padding
      • make the squares go side by side without padding
      • the stat bars could be condensed into a smaller space? They are somewhat spaced out atm
      • the one Minecraft uses is a good example of a hotbar that is minimalist but good
  • the scene with the dog was nice
    • we really need a moveable camera of some sorts (free floating or switching between angles?)
  • add keybind settings please
    • also, being able to close menu's with ESC would be nice, now it always opens the pause menu
  • about worldbuilding
    • don't use endless flat plains in the end result, please
      • spice it up with hills, forests, mountains, points of interest, beaches etc
    • also check your collision meshes, I can walk through stuff lol
    • the edges around the water are too steep and you can't get out once you fall in
      • and what about a swimming animation? Or just prevent people from entering the water
  • Bugs I found
    • I had a situation in the prison where the cell block elevator would come down,
      but it would not go back up (fixed by going into another area and coming back)
    • I had another situation in the prison where I got caught by two male enemies and they both started a rape scene at the same time
    • Also in the prison when talking to a trader, I got a rape scene while in the menu of that trader
      • Perhaps pause the rest of the game loop when in a menu?
Yee, sorry, still pretty early in development, don't even have the core mechanics bare bones yet, so tons of stuff will be changing going forward, including a lot of what you mentioned of course. Progress is just slow is all so it's taking forever, thanks for the feedback tho, gonna put it my notes to remember, :3

Arastin

Oct 6, 2017
Having a problem where I keep seeing sent back to character creation. I also tried skipping the intro and that gave me the intro cut scene but then took me back to character creation

Sanctioned13

Feb 3, 2022
Having a problem where I keep seeing sent back to character creation. I also tried skipping the intro and that gave me the intro cut scene but then took me back to character creation
Ah, thats an odd bug, go to the main menu and press and hold LControl + LAlt + LShift and tap R, should close the game and do a full reset, :eek:

FurryFreak

Jul 9, 2021
It's a shame this is gay only. If there was options for m/f or even t/f t/t then I'd definitely play this.