Unity FurryVNE [2024-03-12] [FurryVNE Team]

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes

SomeoneF

May 20, 2021
thanks for facepalms, but this is the truth i am saying
any animation? no? then it is what it is - model poser. and very confusing with its UI
so take it or spam more facepalms out of ur rage :)
1. read what was wroten here before
2. They are working on being able to do animation but Unity bug is not helping.
3. They had to do it first for what they are planning overall.

May 25, 2021
thanks for facepalms, but this is the truth i am saying
any animation? no? then it is what it is - model poser. and very confusing with its UI
so take it or spam more facepalms out of ur rage :)
we're watching them build the animation system, the features they've shown are blowing the competition out of the water. You should try to know what's going on before you say such things.

limesseur

Oct 7, 2019
tbh, never heard of such unity bug that prevents objects to be animated in Unity
like, really
It's not a bug preventing objects from being animated, it's a bug that causes the animated objects to essentially cause a memory leak that causes the game and Unity to crash when trying to do animations. It's a bug that more than just the devs of this game have encountered. Complaining about not getting animations means you want a game that you don't even get to enjoy the animations from it for long before you have to restart the game or possibly your computer if it's that bad of a crash. Multiple times it's been pointed out the devs know people are waiting for the animations and can't do anything about it until Unity fixes the bug, they want to get the animations part added in, and in the meantime they're at least adding more to the character creator part so that there's more to work with when the animations do come.

If you think you could do it better than the devs, go for it, make your own game, and stop complaining on a piracy site where you're getting this and all these updates for it for free.

ssbbssc

Dec 13, 2019
It's not a bug preventing objects from being animated, it's a bug that causes the animated objects to essentially cause a memory leak that causes the game and Unity to crash when trying to do animations. It's a bug that more than just the devs of this game have encountered. Complaining about not getting animations means you want a game that you don't even get to enjoy the animations from it for long before you have to restart the game or possibly your computer if it's that bad of a crash. Multiple times it's been pointed out the devs know people are waiting for the animations and can't do anything about it until Unity fixes the bug, they want to get the animations part added in, and in the meantime they're at least adding more to the character creator part so that there's more to work with when the animations do come.

If you think you could do it better than the devs, go for it, make your own game, and stop complaining on a piracy site where you're getting this and all these updates for it for free.
so, i assume any other animated unity games are bugged aswell?
and complains is one thing, honest opinion (maybe harsh) is another

Reactions: Xol
May 25, 2021
so, i assume any other animated unity games are bugged aswell?
and complains is one thing, honest opinion (maybe harsh) is another
do you think the creators of Unity are lying about this bug? it is on their official bug tracker. if you want animations added sooner, then vote to have this bug fix ported to earlier versions on the official Unity bug tracker, so the creators of the engine will fix this sooner.

once this fix is ported to the version FVNE uses, then we get animations developed more.

do something useful instead of ignoring information.

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
do you think the creators of Unity are lying about this bug? it is on their official bug tracker. if you want animations added sooner, then vote to have this bug fix ported to earlier versions on the official Unity bug tracker, so the creators of the engine will fix this sooner.

once this fix is ported to the version FVNE uses, then we get animations developed more.

btw info : the bug is fixed in the next unity update.
and let them speak just some goblins, it's been a while i link the tools and news, they just don't care
they are just here to spit on something, even when the animation update will come they will bitch about it.

Last edited:

tester72

Nov 8, 2019
you should take a look at Rack 2 , the dev there are far more worse. We can give this game a bit more longer time, as there's a rumor that it will have animation somewhere in the next year. Meanwhile, all what rack 2 dev do is release a beta (more likely dump it in your face, and his game is worse than a beta) and sit there earning monthly patreon money year by year doing nothing, and the final result is after 2 years, its f95 thread marked as abandoned but on the patreon he still earn more than 10k$/month doing nothing (I mean nothing for real but still have huge income, that's a pure evil). At least Yiff 2 have communicative devs and drip update.
Yeah and that is a whataboutism argument, infact dont you think its telling of this game's state that you gotta compare it to something worse just to prove this isnt the same scam as that one?

tester72

Nov 8, 2019

I think hes saying that if this unity bug is that critical it should affect all developers out there working with unity. Depending on the version where this showed up couldnt they downgrade their unity version to avoid the bug or pretty much just keep working on animations because sooner or later its gonna get fixed by unity?

Reactions: ssbbssc

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
I think hes saying that if this unity bug is that critical it should affect all developers out there working with unity. Depending on the version where this showed up couldnt they downgrade their unity version to avoid the bug or pretty much just keep working on animations because sooner or later its gonna get fixed by unity?
It only affects titles that utilize SDF baking, which is specifically used for effects relying on complex mesh geometry. It definitely doesn't affect every game that uses animations, and seeing as SDF baking was introduced in Unity 2021, downgrading is not an option.

Luckily, the bug tracker page recently changed to indicate that the fix was backported to 2021 and 2022 (versions 2021.3.16F1 and 2022.2.0B15, respectively) so we'll see what happens from this point forward.

SugarDuckling

Nov 9, 2020
I think hes saying that if this unity bug is that critical it should affect all developers out there working with unity.
If they are using runtime SDF baking, sure.

People need to realize that what these devs are doing is not standard and that's the very reason why people are interested in them in the first place.

If they were just doing pre-animated characters, they wouldn't be having these troubles, but nor would the project be that noteworthy (at least not to me, but apparently to others as those kinds of projects seem to be doing far better financially speaking).

couldnt they downgrade their unity version to avoid the bug
The SDF bug is (was) present in all versions of Unity that supports that feature. It was then fixed for a future version of Unity and has since then been backported to older versions of Unity. The current version (Unity 2021 LTS) is the last to get the bug fix.

just keep working on animations because sooner or later its gonna get fixed by unity
They are?

WTF do you think they're doing? You think that dynamic hand & finger adaption tech just randomly fell out of the sky while they're rolling their thumbs waiting for the SDF bug to get fixed?

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
People need to realize that what these devs are doing is not standard and that's the very reason why people are interested in them in the first place.
I think that's a big part of the problem with FurryVNE. If someone doesn't have familiarity with some of the systems they're effectively replacing, it's hard for them to appreciate exactly what's being done here. I think we can apply a somewhat milder version of the Dunning-Kruger effect here: people who don't know anything about tech love it because of what the devs are showing off, as well as the potential that is on display.

The problem is that I think that a bunch of people here tend to be a bit further up the competence scale. That's why you get the comments like "Unity has a physics system, so why don't they use that?" or "deformations are easy—just use shape keys!" Someone with a bit more development experience knows exactly why Unity's physics system (or one baked into any engine, for that matter) is a terrible fit for something like this, but it can be difficult to convey with words how important that is in this case.

I think using YL1 as an example is probably the best way to get the point across. That one has greatly simplified interactions compared to what's planned for YL2/FVNE, and it's ridiculously easy to get those approximated physics interactions to break—play with the inflation sliders a bit and all hell will break loose. Interactions are basically locked to either standalone actors/actresses or explicitly to orifices. Doing more than that requires a ridiculous setup using invisible characters due to how limited the interactions actually are. The engine simply couldn't do more than that and still deliver a semi-believable result.

I'm sure we can all agree that we wish that things would have progressed faster, but it is what it is. At least they're upfront about what they actually have completed and released on their Patreon, which puts them leagues ahead of many other creators (like the aforementioned Fek, who doesn't even have the courtesy of giving project updates for years on end).

maria.wachtel

Jan 2, 2022
Look at the bright side, they are certainly not the worst offenders. For example, look at Chris Roberts with his 500 millions from CrowdFunding for Star Citizen, being close to 10 years in development now, and now release date in sight (it is always just 2-3 years away )

Placebo00

Jan 3, 2019
Look at the bright side, they are certainly not the worst offenders. For example, look at Chris Roberts with his 500 millions from CrowdFunding for Star Citizen, being close to 10 years in development now, and now release date in sight (it is always just 2-3 years away )
Well at least it was a fully functioning game, and not some sorta half-baked/entry level demo. Unless that wasnt the case? Im not sure myself lol

As for my little question, i suppose i already got my answer as soon as someone responded with a facepalm. So, another year then i guess lmao. What a shocker...

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes