Unity FurryVNE [2024-03-12] [FurryVNE Team]

3.90 star(s) 9 Votes

Dark_Messiah

Apr 19, 2017
late 2018 character creator, the beginnings of "gameplay e.g. the animator part" soon after. 4 years later and we are still at the character creator. How many years until they start releasing the gameplay part? And the worst thing is, once or if they work on the animator part, now it'll have to work with a bazillion systems which is far harder then if they developed both the character creator and the animator in tandem, slowly building them both up gradually. implementing it will be a nightmare.

SugarDuckling

Nov 9, 2020
Judging by the posts on Patreon, character creator development was stopped around August 2021, and the first progress report about the new animation systems was shown in October 2021. So these animation systems have been in development for roughly 1 year now.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
And the worst thing is, once or if they work on the animator part, now it'll have to work with a bazillion systems which is far harder then if they developed both the character creator and the animator in tandem, slowly building them both up gradually. implementing it will be a nightmare.
Not particularly. It was pretty crucial that they nail down the various physics systems before starting with the animation tools. If they didn't do that, you'd end up with a situation where preexisting animations would suddenly break between versions due to the simulation functioning differently.

Considering how much of a mess YL1 was, I don't blame them for taking this approach. I distinctly remember animations routinely breaking between versions, as well as deformations causing penises to either clip through character's bellies or get pushed away by seemingly nothing.

zoleth

Jun 9, 2019
I'm in love with what some people are doing with this:

I love Yiffalicious and was kind of bummed that YL2 became more of a creator project - but if this is a tool they plan on having for other people to use to create things, color me impressed.

Queen Zexiara

Oct 20, 2019
i don't think we can objectively compare nintendo and Odes/Dogson games, not just because they are AAA compagny vs 2 indies dev (even it's speacking by itself), but because this is a different type of product. (this subject is already exausted, i won't argue anymore on that, and it won't change your mindset on this =)

i understand your feelings like most of ppl here complain and i really appreciate you try to take it objectively and being respectful.
if you're waiting for the animation updates like most of ppl on this forum yeah i understand you are upset or disappointed. even it's not really their fault right now (unity bug). for me again i'm happy with it cuz i have the CCtool i dreamed.

but i'm not really agree on the purpose of paying on patreon.
we paid 12$/month to support them in their project, to make it a reality, not for the content they release right now.
i think they've show me they are worth my financial support (even i've stopped it this month cuz i need to eat and paid my bill) in the past 2 years.
Like i've paid around 140$, it's not for having acces to the release but trully to support them. the goal is different y see ?

and yeah FFG are really incredible, i've discuss a lot with one of them on facial expression for my characters and it's really help me. but don't forget other creator some of them are really good^^
The only reason a niche product such as this is possible at all is because people are supporting it with money each month. If you were making a one time purchase, the financials would cover the development cost of maybe a month or two. That's not enough time to implement a product such as this. So FuzzyFerret is right on the money here - you should see it as crowd funding rather than paying for a service.

Compared to other projects, the research and development that has gone into this is shocking considering the team size. Given how you can earn a lot more money doing something easier, like implementing one character with some pre-made animations and paywalling it, it's a miracle anything like this exists at all. Why would anyone spend this amount of time and effort doing all this work if they could simply do something easier and yet earn more money?

If you ever wanted to know the reason why seemingly no one else is developing this type of application, read the previous paragraph again.

For all intents and purposes, the only thing we should be stuck with are projects drip feeding pre-made characters and pre-made animations, and yet we are not, and the only reason why is because people are generous enough to support a grander vision.
I really appreciate both of your responses as you've reminded me just how important it is that they receive the support they get to stay fully dedicated to such an innovation-heavy project. Putting myself in Odes's perspective, I can speculate why he makes the price so high; inflation has had a world-affect this past year, so there's probably even a personal financial sob-story that he's sparred us of due to his dedication & humble competence, but still needs that $2k-$3k split for vehicle/house bills + food/nutrition + etc.

With that said, I still feel like a dog with a small piece of meat being dangled 12 feet above me instead of 6. I still can't help but feel like we should be getting more in return. Yes they're already doing everything they can as a team of 2-3 people who do need that $6k/month, but I believe there are those who genuinely want to support Odes (me before the pandemic), and there are those who've gotten desperate waiting so long and just want to cling on to something that is already there while still giving Odes & Dogson some support (me resorting to this website). Both kind of people need to be tended to, no? My suggestion was they edit their tier awards to justify their tiny release updates as $7 or $8, while giving those who want to pay the $12 the reward of voting for the next animal head, and maybe even have their names engraved on the startup loading screen as a thank you.

$12 is just a wee bit too much to me, especially when they clarified that they can't properly progress until Q3 2023 because of that Unity bug. I will admit that I'm stubborn; If I'm paying you, I want something more than "Thanks, we're working on it," whether you're a one-man dev or as big as Disney. I want to support and give Odes my love as much as I want something justifiable in return so I know my money is being spent heartfully. It doesn't help that the game disables access to newer character posts, forcing me to pay another $12 to properly engage with their release. At that point, it no longer feels like I'm doing it solely to support "their grander vision."

The trade-off in it's current state just feels... unfair. To me at least. I can't speak for anyone else. and I just needed to get it off my chest. The $3 tier option looks pretty great. (Who knows, i'm probably just too sexually frustrated for my own good and a $12 charge is actually totally justifiable since "the game is super ambitious and time-consuming, therefore $12 for the single animal head you may not even plan on using in our unfinished game actually makes perfect sense.")

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
you got a point : a low tier like 5$ will be mostly welcomed . and even more a one time tips so i don't fck need to remove my patreon each time i need to save money >.>
late 2018 character creator, the beginnings of "gameplay e.g. the animator part" soon after. 4 years later and we are still at the character creator. How many years until they start releasing the gameplay part? And the worst thing is, once or if they work on the animator part, now it'll have to work with a bazillion systems which is far harder then if they developed both the character creator and the animator in tandem, slowly building them both up gradually. implementing it will be a nightmare.
the only thing i can agree here is they poor handling on the start of the project (2018).
the rest is perfectly fine : the CC is just above EVERYTHING elses i saw in the furry middle. you can even compare it to some tittle like "Poser" or "Daz3d", it's just NORMAL for them to take that much time.
we already had that discuss about they need to to both at the same time. i highly suggest you did use that search window on the top.

SugarDuckling

Nov 9, 2020
I really appreciate both of your responses as you've reminded me just how important it is that they receive the support they get to stay fully dedicated to such an innovation-heavy project. Putting myself in Odes's perspective, I can speculate why he makes the price so high; inflation has had a world-affect this past year, so there's probably even a personal financial sob-story that he's sparred us of due to his dedication & humble competence, but still needs that $2k-$3k split for vehicle/house bills + food/nutrition + etc.

With that said, I still feel like a dog with a small piece of meat being dangled 12 feet above me instead of 6. I still can't help but feel like we should be getting more in return. Yes they're already doing everything they can as a team of 2-3 people who do need that $6k/month, but I believe there are those who genuinely want to support Odes (me before the pandemic), and there are those who've gotten desperate waiting so long and just want to cling on to something that is already there while still giving Odes & Dogson some support (me resorting to this website). Both kind of people need to be tended to, no? My suggestion was they edit their tier awards to justify their tiny release updates as $7 or $8, while giving those who want to pay the $12 the reward of voting for the next animal head, and maybe even have their names engraved on the startup loading screen as a thank you.

$12 is just a wee bit too much to me, especially when they clarified that they can't properly progress until Q3 2023 because of that Unity bug. I will admit that I'm stubborn; If I'm paying you, I want something more than "Thanks, we're working on it," whether you're a one-man dev or as big as Disney. I want to support and give Odes my love as much as I want something justifiable in return so I know my money is being spent heartfully. It doesn't help that the game disables access to newer character posts, forcing me to pay another $12 to properly engage with their release. At that point, it no longer feels like I'm doing it solely to support "their grander vision."

The trade-off in it's current state just feels... unfair. To me at least. I can't speak for anyone else. and I just needed to get it off my chest. The $3 tier option looks pretty great. (Who knows, i'm probably just too sexually frustrated for my own good and a $12 charge is actually totally justifiable since "the game is super ambitious and time-consuming, therefore $12 for the single animal head you may not even plan on using in our unfinished game actually makes perfect sense.")
Hey, no one is judging you, this is a piracy site after all. It's perfectly understandable why you wouldn't wanna pay for FurryVNE in its current state (unless you're really into character creation I guess). But at the same time, it's also very understandable, then, why hardly anyone is developing anything like it, or why it's taking the time it is (given their limited resources).

There are many people extremely excited about something like FurryVNE being made, and yet simultaneously refrain from giving the devs any support, or perhaps finance some other projects instead, even if those other ones are just offering pre-animated content. How can anyone hope for a project such as FurryVNE to come to fruition given these circumstances? Are people not aware that unless a project receives funding, it's going to be hard for it to survive?

Every bank-note is a vote. Spend it to show what you would like to see manifested in the world. Currently, most of those notes are going towards projects featuring pre-animated content, so that's why we're seeing them in such abundance.

People are excited about the idea of creating their own virtual characters, making physical animations with them, with soft body physics and other dynamic systems, and sharing those creations with others online, but they don't want to actually support the development of said systems. Well, here's the thing - unless you support it, you can't have it. If you aren't ready to support those endeavors, you have no right to lament the fact that seemingly no furry products with such dynamic content exist or aren't being developed fast enough.

Sorry if I came off a bit harsh there, but there's a real risk FurryVNE might fail due to lack of resources and funding and that would be a real shame given all the effort that has gone into it. This is literally the ONLY project I have any interest in atm. Seeing such a project receive less love than some pre-animated models thrown into a scene is a disgrace, but also makes it very clear why the product we're all hoping for may never see the light of day.

drk47

May 1, 2022
Guys do not wait for this project and do not torment yourself. If the FurryVNE does not release, then you will at least not be disappointed. Unjustified expectations are very sad and bad. If you have the opportunity to maintain a financially developer, then this is very good. Support it.
But for now, switch to something else. The same YL1 is quite rich in finished scenes from the community, there is something to choose from.

In general, for myself, I found a substitute for this game. This is Koikatsu. There is a H-patch from the community. There are hundreds of mods and furry characters. The game and mods are constantly updated. There are discord channels and special sites where they load the characters (including furry). Some authors make characters to order.
You will have an editor of characters, a bunch of finished characters, different locations, many poses and sex scenes. The chars even talk and react to what is happening (though in the Japanese language). If you wish, you can create a whole school class from Furry chars and go through the game company.

What else do you need for happiness? :D Yes, everything is not perfect there, but at the moment that game can offer more than this. At least I think so.

Leave FurryVNE at rest. Do not anger and irritate the developers. Let them do this project quietly, and when (if) the game comes out, then it will pleasantly surprise us. And then we will compare it with other games.

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
I'm sure this has been mentioned countless times before but don't blame the dev for not having interactive scenes yet, they need Unity to fix a bug before they can implement that, it seems Unity is working on a fix but if nothing else it is fixed in the next major version of Unity, how far off that is i guess depends on if they will be waiting for LTS release or are fine with using betas. If i understand the bug correctly it makes the Unity editor crash making it impossible to work on, but i might be confusing that with another project i follow.

Dark_Messiah

Apr 19, 2017
Not particularly. It was pretty crucial that they nail down the various physics systems before starting with the animation tools. If they didn't do that, you'd end up with a situation where preexisting animations would suddenly break between versions due to the simulation functioning differently.

Considering how much of a mess YL1 was, I don't blame them for taking this approach. I distinctly remember animations routinely breaking between versions, as well as deformations causing penises to either clip through character's bellies or get pushed away by seemingly nothing.
That was mostly due to the fact that their entire code was basically 1 file. When i asked them about feet and finger posing they told me that it was unlikely because they didn't make the code modular, so they'd need to revamp the entire game if they wanted to do that. In other words everything was interconnected, changing or adding something major would've required a large investment of time on their part, not to mention breaking 1 thing broke 10 others, which was one of the main reasons they restarted development. This time around hopefully their code isn't a mess, so parallel development would probably not have been an issue.

Sarkath

Sep 8, 2019
That was mostly due to the fact that their entire code was basically 1 file. When i asked them about feet and finger posing they told me that it was unlikely because they didn't make the code modular, so they'd need to revamp the entire game if they wanted to do that.
Yeah, I remember reading something to that effect when they first announced YL2's development.

Another thing that definitely didn't help is that it seemed like they seemed to be using a lot of Unity's physics and IK features, which work fine as part of a normal game but fall apart under scrutiny. I get the impression that the reason mesh deformation and inflation never really worked quite right is because of that (my guess is that the final computed colliders were basically guesswork).

It would have been nice if they stumbled upon that Unity bug sooner, though. It sucks that the thing everyone's waiting for is on hold now because of something completely out of their control.

This time around hopefully their code isn't a mess, so parallel development would probably not have been an issue.
I tend to think that the bigger issue here is that there was only one programmer, and they likely wanted to crank out a complete character creator and then move on to the animator, rather than going back and forth between the two. I don't really blame them; when I take on projects I prefer to get as much done with one part as possible so that I don't have to keep switching mindsets.

Another advantage of completing the character creator first is that it allows the community to build up a substantial library of actors that can subsequently be used in the animator.

May 25, 2021
Does anyone know if they plan to add any hand and breasts interactions? In the first game the community had to improvise the scenes.
Yes, they indeed plan to add it, and they even have a demonstration video showcasing it.

This video is the shorter version, but they have a full dev log video that explains in more detail what they're aiming for.

tester72

Nov 8, 2019
we paid 12$/month to support them in their project, to make it a reality, not for the content they release right now.
Is that actually true? If they would stop making any post and leave a big "Update coming soon" on their patreon page for literal months you would still support them?
No offense but most people are paying for the content that gets released whenever its playable or not. Most wouldnt pay for an empty page of great promise, people need proof that the entire project goes forward, that it advances and actually have changes inside.

People are waiting for something that more than just more skins, infact the current development looks like MMO games taken over by Gamigo. Your "content" dries up to be skins and effects while everything else gets stalled and stalled. Theres already a foundation to work with and people expected to see something that actually aims for the promised actual scene creator but instead you get more skins.

Last edited:

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
Is that actually true? If they would stop making any post and leave a big "Update coming soon" on their patreon page for literal months you would still support them?
ofc if they doesn't communicate...
but it's not the case.
No offense but most people are paying for the content that gets released whenever its playable or not. Most wouldnt pay for an empty page of great promise, people need proof that the entire project goes forward, that it advances and actually have changes inside.
No, if you go that way you are in the wrong.
You don't go and buy early acces on steam to play the actual game, but what it would become and what dev promise for their game.
communication is key .
we have proof, i just don't see your point here : see odes twitter, their discord, and their patreon if you acces too it. you will see ...

People are waiting for something that more than just more skins
true, a large amount here wait animation update : again : unity bug.

infact the current development looks like MMO games taken over by Gamigo. Your "content" dries up to be skins and effects while everything else gets stalled and stalled. Theres already a foundation to work with and people expected to see something that actually aims for the promised actual scene creator but instead you get more skins.
:rolleyes: again² look their discord, twitter, or even here, on this tread some ppl make the effort to put here all the update for the animation.
USE THAT GODAMN SEARCH BUTTON.
(no offence here but you are probably the 12457 who didn't follow and post "so it's just a scam" or an insult to them here because the update rn are just skin, and still no animation. )

tester72

Nov 8, 2019
No, if you go that way you are in the wrong.
You don't go and buy early acces on steam to play the actual game, but what it would become and what dev promise for their game.
communication is key .
we have proof, i just don't see your point here : see odes twitter, their discord, and their patreon if you acces too it. you will see ...
No i go and buy an early access game that has ENOUGH content to get a feel of what it offers and watch it evolve from it. I guess you missed all the folk complaining about how many early access scams are out there that only put out some minuscule effort with some bare minimal content and get stuck on it because people are buying it for the "promise of what it could be".

My point is the same as the what the fella before has already pointed out, paying 12 a month to not see the project actually get closer to a useable state where you get skins instead of actual content is the same as what many dying MMO's do.

Early access is not "Here, buy or alpha phase." or "Wanna spend money to test a concept?", its a game that already has content offered in a manner that you dont mind it isnt finished.
Early access is what Valheim did or Deep Rock Galactic, this thing here is the same as it was last year. Nothing changed, nothing improved, nothing that signals that the content is actually moving forward a playable state. I bet you will be ready to post about a lot of changes that happened like the new heads and soo on but none of that actually moved this game forward.

Its like they promised you a game of monopoly for 5$ a month. Soo far you got figurines, a dice mechanics, a draft of the board but nothing else. The next 6 update on what happens was 4 more figurines, a new draft of new board and 2 more dice but still no info on when will the thing will be actually playable. Some have great fun with the figurines and the dice but the promised monopoly is now 3 years in waiting.

SugarDuckling

Nov 9, 2020
It's hilarious when people literally make things up and then attack it as some sort of point.

They release very detailed posts and dev logs regularly.

No offense but most people are paying for the content that gets released whenever its playable or not.
Indeed, which is why we're seeing this project receive far less funding than other projects (even if those other ones only offer pre-made animations), despite its complexity and ambition.

Most wouldnt pay for an empty page of great promise, people need proof that the entire project goes forward, that it advances and actually have changes inside.
You mean like the periodic massive updates detailing the technology they're building and then showcasing it in live demonstrations?

Your "content" dries up to be skins and effects while everything else gets stalled and stalled.
If by "stalled" you actually mean "developed", then you're almost not entirely wrong.

The tech these guys are developing is bespoke and in many ways ground-breaking, especially considering it's pretty much made by a single programmer.

It's always bizarre (and honestly a bit embarrassing) when people bring up this "stalled" argument. Do you honestly think they'd somehow make LESS money from having the interactions released? I.e., do you think actually having interactive sexual content rather than just a character creator is going to affect their sales negatively? If no, then why would it be in their interest to "stall" the development? (If yes on the other hand, you're simply deluded.)

Apart from that fact, there's no evidence to suggest that any development is being stalled, if you actually followed the dev logs and the texts.

That's a lot of talk about early access.

FYI for any reader - the devs have never ever, not even once, claimed the game is early access. The information on their Patreon says only a character creator is currently is available, but that animation systems are being developed.

It's closer to a pre-alpha. I.e., a not feature complete project that is still being worked on, but that you can access if you fund the development.

Simple as that.

FuzzyFerret

Aug 10, 2017
No i go and buy an early access game that has ENOUGH content to get a feel of what it offers and watch it evolve from it. I guess you missed all the folk complaining about how many early access scams are out there that only put out some minuscule effort with some bare minimal content and get stuck on it because people are buying it for the "promise of what it could be".
you've guessed wrong. saw a lot and have been scamed 2 time (gnomoria and another game who is not on steam anymore cuz ... y know just a scam). now i'm careful when i buy something in alpha/beta phase.

My point is the same as the what the fella before has already pointed out, paying 12 a month to not see the project actually get closer to a useable state where you get skins instead of actual content is the same as what many dying MMO's do.
you do want you want with your money, just advertising you about how it work :
you realize if everybody do the same as you will just have some 2d 2frame pokemon trash shit and not actualy good project in the furry universe right? Furry is niche even it's popular : if nobody pay for it, then nobody work on it.

Early access is not "Here, buy or alpha phase." or "Wanna spend money to test a concept?", its a game that already has content offered in a manner that you dont mind it isnt finished.
Early access is what Valheim did or Deep Rock Galactic, this thing here is the same as it was last year. Nothing changed, nothing improved, nothing that signals that the content is actually moving forward a playable state. I bet you will be ready to post about a lot of changes that happened like the new heads and soo on but none of that actually moved this game forward.
You misunderstood something important here, this is not an early acces (probbably my bad since i've used it in my previous postas a bad exemple) and this is not a game.
IT'S A TOOL in alpha phase with 3 fonctions : 1 character creator 2 animation maker 3 VN designer
Actually only the Character Creator is done, at 80-100%, the CCtools is usable

i won't quote you anything use your own time for researching info. told you before : Capture d’écran (64).png

Its like they promised you a game of monopoly for 5$ a month. Soo far you got figurines, a dice mechanics, a draft of the board but nothing else. The next 6 update on what happens was 4 more figurines, a new draft of new board and 2 more dice but still no info on when will the thing will be actually playable. Some have great fun with the figurines and the dice but the promised monopoly is now 3 years in waiting.
nah it's not. you're reducing the amount of work needed and the complexity here with a figurative expression.
buttaking that appart since your point is WHEN :
literally 2-3 pages before : we were speaking about it, i'm doing you a favor i will write a little resume :
if the unity 2021 bug is not resolved in 3month they will upgrade on unity 2023(which is a beta/alpha)
Unity will fix it in the next update"S" (yeah : "S" because it can be the next one or the second second next ... we don't know).

Oct 15, 2018

People are waiting for something that more than just more skins, infact the current development looks like MMO games taken over by Gamigo. Your "content" dries up to be skins and effects while everything else gets stalled and stalled. Theres already a foundation to work with and people expected to see something that actually aims for the promised actual scene creator but instead you get more skins.
you should take a look at Rack 2 , the dev there are far more worse. We can give this game a bit more longer time, as there's a rumor that it will have animation somewhere in the next year. Meanwhile, all what rack 2 dev do is release a beta (more likely dump it in your face, and his game is worse than a beta) and sit there earning monthly patreon money year by year doing nothing, and the final result is after 2 years, its f95 thread marked as abandoned but on the patreon he still earn more than 10k$/month doing nothing (I mean nothing for real but still have huge income, that's a pure evil). At least Yiff 2 have communicative devs and drip update.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 9 Votes