JeffDunham1

Apr 28, 2018
Few thoughts choices at the end of the day are yours:

Game access: This can be a balancing act. I think early on in development the most important piece is consistency and accessibility. Looking to grow a fandom and a community, and draw from the largest pool possible of recommendations, testing, and bug reporting. Clamping accessibility reduces those, but you have levers to pull like which versions, timed delays etc. It will be a balance of investing in growth vs getting paid and depends in some ways on risk tolerance.

CGs and Side characters: Make sure there is limits here to not slow down development. If you end up with too many of these and a delivery promise it could take up time from main game. Too many of these in general could put you in an impossible situation time management wise. Also I would reserve final approval to make sure anything that goes in fits the themes and world you're trying to build.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MrCheese25

PromiseSteele

Nov 13, 2018
Just a note on Discord, because I've seen this work elsewhere. Make Discord public but certain "exclusive" channels only available to Patrons by having them link their Patreon account to discord. That way you can attract people to build your community of supporters and maybe they could, down the line, support your efforts when they find the community welcoming.

• Red Heart
Jan 23, 2021
Hello everyone. I have recently been talking to some patrons, and they are requested additional Patreon tiers. What do you think of these?

$1 - A thank you
$5 - Game access
$10 - Game, Discord access, behind the scenes stuff that will be shared in the discord, and voting power
$15 - All previous benefits + name in the games credits and about section
$20 - All previous benefits + request a CG to be included in an update (subject to time and certain terms and requirements)
$25 - All previous benefits (except $20 tier) + request a side character to created and added to the game. This character will come to the Inn, order a drink and provide dialogue.

What do you think?
could one pay for the discord access/voting power/side character once? or does one have to consistently pay for those benefits

MrCheese25

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2023
could one pay for the discord access/voting power/side character once? or does one have to consistently pay for those benefits
I'm not super sure, that's why I'm asking, seeing what people think. I've never used discord, so I know nothing about its features.

For the side character though, I'm thinking it will be a one time payment to get the character made and added to the game. Maybe limit 1 per patron?
It's kinda like an OC cameo thing I guess. The patron that requested this tier did so becuase they would like to see a feminized wood elf male come into the inn, and talk about wood elf culture and stuff.

Reactions: rustshakelfurg

DreamyMilk

Aug 25, 2019
snipe

$25 - All previous benefits (except $20 tier) + request a side character to created and added to the game. This character will come to the Inn, order a drink and provide dialogue.

What do you think?
having the possibility of making an NPC as a reward, usually risk A LOT of extra work, that will take A LOT of Time and Effort to make more then a one liner, and have the potential to be draining on both motivation and energy both.

there is a reason Big Kick-Starter project's that offer NPC's that can be created usually is limited to only "1-3" and not more usually, because adding a infinite amounts of NPC's to keep up with the Donators might take so much time that the work on the rest of the game gets drowned out by time restraint's and quantity of NPC's to create...
(not to mention 25$ is a lot less then what is usually charged fore stuff like that, so you might risk that you gets more donor's then expected...)

so fore your one mental health i would recommend choosing something else fore the bigger reward's, then a offer fore a whole new NPC...
(even the CG might be a stretch to be honest...)

as fore the discord, it might be more benefisial fore you fore feadback purpuses to let the publick join rather to having the Whole Discord server fore Patrione only, to rather having Patrion Spesific chanals (whit maby bhind the scean and work in progress art and sutch? maybe) that you allow acsess to the Donors rater then lock the server off entierly...

sorry if i sounds negative, just don't want's you to burn yourself out you know.

else i hope you get's an enjoyable day forward.

MrCheese25

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2023
Hello everyone. The artist is taking a bit longer than expected to work on the art, so I wanted to try something a little different. I had an artist that I worked with on a private project attempt to make a CG for Futa Inn. I provided them with a random pose reference, and please excuse the background, that was a last minute addition, but, what do you think?
Do you like it?
cg.png

PromiseSteele

Nov 13, 2018
Hello everyone. The artist is taking a bit longer than expected to work on the art, so I wanted to try something a little different. I had an artist that I worked with on a private project attempt to make a CG for Futa Inn. I provided them with a random pose reference, and please excuse the background, that was a last minute addition, but, what do you think?
Do you like it?
View attachment 3594906
Not bad. I like it!

PromiseSteele

Nov 13, 2018
Two of the big differences between this artist and the current on is:
He is more skilled at posing characters.
He made this piece in 2-3 days, compared to the week it takes the current artist to maybe make one.
I would say ask both to contribute, if you can. I do like the first artist's artistic style though.

MrCheese25

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2023
I would say ask both to contribute, if you can. I do like the first artist's artistic style though.
I'll get this artist to make another image just to see if he has the skill.
Another thing is the references. This artist favors style over the reference pose, while the original artist focuses more on the reference pose, rather then keeping the same style.
For instance, this was the original Lokra/player interaction. It didn't match the style that he used before.....
cg (1).png
I like the current artist, he is truly great! and I've not made up my mind about anything yet, but, I've still yet to receive the art for the newest update....

ZZBible128

Oct 27, 2021
I'll get this artist to make another image just to see if he has the skill.
Another thing is the references. This artist favors style over the reference pose, while the original artist focuses more on the reference pose, rather then keeping the same style.
For instance, this was the original Lokra/player interaction. It didn't match the style that he used before.....
View attachment 3595049
I like the current artist, he is truly great! and I've not made up my mind about anything yet, but, I've still yet to receive the art for the newest update....
will there be a mermaid?

• Red Heart

MrCheese25

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2023
I am sorry to say this, but I will have to delay v0.02 release by about 7-10 days. The reason behind this is simply that I have not yet recieved the art.

A little bit of context, but I ordered this stuff from an artist on Fiverr about 2 months ago. The due date for the order is in about 5 days, so hopefully the art is delivered by then. The art will likely need revisions, so a few more days would be needed, thus, I am hoping it will be fully done by the 14th.

But, I asked the other artist to create another scene. This one was suggested by a patron, and includes a fully feminized Sam.
What do you think?
eloise and feminized sam.png

PromiseSteele

Nov 13, 2018
I am sorry to say this, but I will have to delay v0.02 release by about 7-10 days. The reason behind this is simply that I have not yet recieved the art.

A little bit of context, but I ordered this stuff from an artist on Fiverr about 2 months ago. The due date for the order is in about 5 days, so hopefully the art is delivered by then. The art will likely need revisions, so a few more days would be needed, thus, I am hoping it will be fully done by the 14th.

But, I asked the other artist to create another scene. This one was suggested by a patron, and includes a fully feminized Sam.
What do you think?
View attachment 3604920
This is very good imo. I think you should keep this artist on your top list if you need to change to another one. By the way, for a few seconds, I thought this was the same artist as the one who made the art in the VN! This is very good indeed.

• Red Heart

MrCheese25

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2023
This is very good imo. I think you should keep this artist on your top list if you need to change to another one. By the way, for a few seconds, I thought this was the same artist as the one who made the art in the VN! This is very good indeed.
Yeah I like it too! Depending on how the art from the original artist turns out, I might make a change like this:

Original artist makes character sprites and backgrounds. The original artist sprites are really good, and a big part of the attraction to Futa Inn, so I wouldn't want to change that.

New artist makes CGs. This other artist costs the exact same, plus, the two CGs I showed you were made in 3 days each.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PromiseSteele

MrCheese25

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2023
Also, the Discord server will be done soon, but I did create a Discord account, so if anyone wants to friend and/or message me, my name is "futafuture"

• Red Heart
Reactions: PromiseSteele
4.80 star(s) 6 Votes