VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Latest series of images rendering now. Each one is 1 hour 15 minutes rendering @ 2560x1440, 5500 iterations, bloom, caustic, SS.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
-GTS

Reactions: gerkesiz

gerkesiz

Jan 28, 2020
I decided to download the game. I played the first release version. If you are going to make an update soon, I want to wait and download the game. Because playing the games piece by piece is boring.

-

Reactions: GrayTShirt

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
I decided to download the game. I played the first release version. If you are going to make an update soon, I want to wait and download the game. Because playing the games piece by piece is boring.

-
I agree, going piece by piece is indeed boring. Working on this next update as fast as I can. I hadn't realized how big I wrote the script those first two days since I deviated from my original project formula. Hopefully, I can release it in a couple weeks.
-GTS

Reactions: gerkesiz

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
One more scene, then music/sound, proofing, edits, and one final proofread.
This last scene, though, will have a lot of assets. Around 10-15 Gen8 characters. So it may take a whole week just to work on those final images.
Final stretch!
-GTS

Last edited:

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
For some reason, my renders are taking 9 hours????? They used to only take 1 to 2 hours. Updated my video drivers, but kept Daz at 4.16. Wondering if that's screwing something up.
EDIT: And now it keeps asking me to install Gen 8 Essentials for each render in my queue...

Last edited:

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Something weird is happening with my renders. It's not doing it's usual texture/geometry/GPU calculations at the start of the render. It just goes straight to native CPU something 0.00 then starts the iterations. So now I either have to render each image one at a time for a couple hours, or RenderQueue each one for 2 minutes with crap quality. It's taken 1 hour and 13 minutes for 700 iterations @ 2560x1440. ARGH!!!!!

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
I'm almost done, maybe 20 or so more images. "Hopefully" I can get this out sometime next week for proofing and editing.
But I have to admit, I'm not 100% into this update. It's a filler update that needs to be told for the story. I wasn't able to include quite a few lewd scenes that I had hoped could make it. (re: Fiona's Stories for Rhona)
But the next update is the foundation for lots of mini-updates that won't take long. Really only a few story scenes then a gratuitous amount of fuckin'. It'll be one of those faux-open world maps were you click on a location and see what happens.
Until then, keep drinkin'!

Reactions: hyperjack38

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
I'm almost done, maybe 20 or so more images. "Hopefully" I can get this out sometime next week for proofing and editing.
But I have to admit, I'm not 100% into this update. It's a filler update that needs to be told for the story. I wasn't able to include quite a few lewd scenes that I had hoped could make it. (re: Fiona's Stories for Rhona)
But the next update is the foundation for lots of mini-updates that won't take long. Really only a few story scenes then a gratuitous amount of fuckin'. It'll be one of those faux-open world maps were you click on a location and see what happens.
Until then, keep drinkin'!
so no fiona vincent action^

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Images done!!!!!!!!!!!!!
716 images used. Rendering the last 9 images tonight. Tomorrow is post-work, sound editing, and a quick look through before sending it off for proofing and final editing.

Man, this took forever...
-GTS

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
Images done!!!!!!!!!!!!!
716 images used. Rendering the last 9 images tonight. Tomorrow is post-work, sound editing, and a quick look through before sending it off for proofing and final editing.

Man, this took forever...
-GTS
You are epic

• Hey there
Reactions: GrayTShirt