VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Been working on the overall map and storyline for Ch04.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The map should allow me to add new scenes per update. Right now, I have 7 scenes per main story block. Once one set of scenes have been viewed, that will unlock the optional scenes pertaining to different characters. Fiona's Stories can be unlocked at any time. I'll be adding characters/situations as I progress through the chapter. Don't know what could happen. The conclusion will show up after ALL main story conditions have been met. This will lead to a transition scene into Ch05.
The next thing I'll be learning is hotspot highlighting, mouse-over graphics, and coding for condition-based unlocks.
That, and I'll be cleaning up this rough draft of a map. It obviously won't look like this when it's published.
Till then, keep drinking!
The wait is almost over for Ch03...
-GTS

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
I LOVE your last chapter. Fantastic story and alot of it, nice futa and nice girls. I hope to see more futa fucking!!! love bryn and hr dedication of MC

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Been reading all the posts from the game page, and the new review.
Alot of good points were brought up. There's some stuff I need to work on, but overall not bad. Even the new 2 star review was constructive. Biggest things I need to work on: lighting and graininess of images.
New to make sure these next few updates for Ch04 are good.

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
i love the game and your fantastic artwork ,but [i cant believe i would say this].....i find a litlle lack of non lewd stuff ,yeah yeah im sorry but i love the lewd stuff but i really love the story here and sometimes i feel like too much lewd is a little to much for the story itself ,maybe its me only maybe im wrong but what can i say love your writing and the develoment of the script hope you doing well and im already chewing what you have for your openworld in ch4 .

• Red Heart
Reactions: GrayTShirt

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
i love the game and your fantastic artwork ,but [i cant believe i would say this].....i find a litlle lack of non lewd stuff ,yeah yeah im sorry but i love the lewd stuff but i really love the story here and sometimes i feel like too much lewd is a little to much for the story itself ,maybe its me only maybe im wrong but what can i say love your writing and the develoment of the script hope you doing well and im already chewing what you have for your openworld in ch4 .
Here I was thinking I had too much story and not enough lewdness! Don't worry, more story coming soon.

Reactions: SupermanikSol

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
i hope openworld or sandbox mode dont overcomplicate the game or at least will be easy to playthrough
The open world map just gives you options on the order of how you want to progress with the story. It'll have mandatory story scenes which unlock optional-to-view-scenes. It'll be easy.

Reactions: LbM-93 and Gripping

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I swore to myself the first thing I would do was make the first couple of Fiona's stories for Rhona. 91 images for this scene. I'll make one more before starting on the story scenes. Then the optional stuff.
-GTS

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
So, here's the map I'm going to try to use.

This is has 50% opacity on the clickable sections.
overmap-50opac.JPG

And this is the one that's 100% opacity.
overmap-full.JPG

Now, I just need to learn how to make one light up to full while leaving the rest @ 50% opacity. It's in PhotoShop layers so I might have to do like 14 files or something, not sure yet. But this is how I want it to look.

THEN... I need to learn either to make hover menu things since each section will have like 5-8 scenes each, OR I'll just do the options menu for each section. The 2nd option is sounding a lot easier so far.

EDIT: This is not the final layout, but this is my main starting point.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hey GTS, I'm pretty sure we can do what you want with single images for each map location, and use rollovers to change the transparency. I will have a play around and see if I can get some working code for you. :love:

EDIT: it turned out to be much easier using Renpy's Imagemap screen command. I'll write up an example.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: GrayTShirt