VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
So far, the opening scene is done, the first arena fight, first home story, and first 2 of Fiona's stories.
Still need to do the Main Story, Queen's Viewing Room, and some optional scenes. Probably 4 or 5 optional scenes.
I just need to make sure I don't include any plot points in the optional scenes.
But they way I have this chapter structured, I can probably get some quicker updates out by just working on some optional scenes, and a major story scene or two instead of trying to make it all fit at once.

slyratean

Nov 5, 2020
So far, the opening scene is done, the first arena fight, first home story, and first 2 of Fiona's stories.
Still need to do the Main Story, Queen's Viewing Room, and some optional scenes. Probably 4 or 5 optional scenes.
I just need to make sure I don't include any plot points in the optional scenes.
But they way I have this chapter structured, I can probably get some quicker updates out by just working on some optional scenes, and a major story scene or two instead of trying to make it all fit at once.
How are the arena fights?

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
So anyway...
I'm working on the new series of images and trying to get a good 1st person POV, and I got a bunch of images that look like this...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That blurry mound on the bottom? It's supposed to be MC's chest... But it looks like, well, you get it.
It's only 10 or so images, and they render in about 20 minutes, but still. Come on, man!
But at least I can go back and fix some poses that look a but stiff.

-GTS

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Ohhhhhhhhhhh...
These scenes are soooooooooooooooooo good...
So good, in fact, I have abandoned all metaphors and replaced them with repeating vowels and ellipses...
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees...
Hahaha, the fact you can still have that reaction to scenes in your own game is awesome, and I think it's a big part of why Inner Demons is so good and so much fun - it's clear that you are exuberantly enjoying creating the game.

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
Ohhhhhhhhhhh...
These scenes are soooooooooooooooooo good...
So good, in fact, I have abandoned all metaphors and replaced them with repeating vowels and ellipses...
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees...
Is that bryn?

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019

Finally reaching towards the end of this series of images. 119 for this particular story scene so far. Maybe 20 or so to go. ALOT of fluids flying around this room, let me tell ya!
Still need to make one more main story scene, the "alternate" version of this story scene (only like 6 images), and maybe one or two more optional scenes.