VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
Just wanted to show my appreciation for your work so far. I'm about to give the newest update a shot but I've enjoyed everything up to this point so I can't wait for you to put out more lol

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Update fixes:
- Redid the text/dialogue box to be darker and less distracting.
- Changed some code so each new chapter starts immediately after the old one is finished.
(Took all of a minute to do these, but I didn't want to re-release a new version just for these fixes. Each version is now over 1gb in size, and these are more for fixing inconvenient bugs than game-breaking.)

Story updates:
- Added 2 new side stories (one with optional ero-scene)

Working on more content now, but nothing to show off beyond the 2 previous images. It's looking good for (almost) regular 30 day content releases, but I wouldn't depend on it.
-GTS

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
Update fixes:
- Redid the text/dialogue box to be darker and less distracting.
- Changed some code so each new chapter starts immediately after the old one is finished.
(Took all of a minute to do these, but I didn't want to re-release a new version just for these fixes. Each version is now over 1gb in size, and these are more for fixing inconvenient bugs than game-breaking.)

Story updates:
- Added 2 new side stories (one with optional ero-scene)

Working on more content now, but nothing to show off beyond the 2 previous images. It's looking good for (almost) regular 30 day content releases, but I wouldn't depend on it.
-GTS
Hey it was a cool chapter but the new way to set the scene are kinda bad.
I feel way more immersive when i follow all the chapter oneshot without trying to fine the good one.
I tought i finish the chapter but i never saw bryn solo sleeping

Reactions: GrayTShirt

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Hey it was a cool chapter but the new way to set the scene are kinda bad.
I feel way more immersive when i follow all the chapter oneshot without trying to fine the good one.
I tought i finish the chapter but i never saw bryn solo sleeping
Sleeping Bryn is in the next update. I was just working on some extra stuff while Osa was checking the finished update.
Making the Chapter a one-shot kind of experience would have been much easier to do, but there are a lot of stories to tell.
And I thought giving players a chance to revisit scenes would have been a good option.
There will be more side stories in the next update. Finding more preferred characters "should" be better with the scene selection map. Hilda was the first, but there are still quite a few more characters to do.
-GTS

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
Sleeping Bryn is in the next update. I was just working on some extra stuff while Osa was checking the finished update.
Making the Chapter a one-shot kind of experience would have been much easier to do, but there are a lot of stories to tell.
And I thought giving players a chance to revisit scenes would have been a good option.
There will be more side stories in the next update. Finding more preferred characters "should" be better with the scene selection map. Hilda was the first, but there are still quite a few more characters to do.
-GTS
I see AND I trust you gray

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Just as the spoiler title suggests...
The image in it, I feel, is the best one I've made. The composition, the feeling, the overall aesthetic of it. I'm very proud of it, and I had to at least share a version of it. It's so exciting!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FutaFUCKER17

Jun 8, 2022
Just as the spoiler title suggests...
The image in it, I feel, is the best one I've made. The composition, the feeling, the overall aesthetic of it. I'm very proud of it, and I had to at least share a version of it. It's so exciting!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Lovely! Also could you please add some futa on male content, where the MC sucks off Bryn or the valkyrie, or both and then gets fucked.

Reactions: netherwarrior256

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Releasing a new update soon, sent it off for editing/proofing.
Small update, wanted to see how much I could do in 30-ish days.
- Bryn (Story + optional dickgirl solo scene)
- Shelby & Vincent (Story only)
- Mauve & Eva (Story + optional futa/female sex scene)

- Re-worked the Ch04 scene selection map. Tried to make it look more organized by linking side story content with its main story component.
- Updated code to make new play-throughs more smooth by having new chapters start directly after finishing the previous ones.
- Updated text dialogue box to make text more legible.

Next update will finish off the remaining side character stories so the Ch04 scene selection map will be full.
- Skye, Fiona, Tunrida, Bodil, Greer & Lyall

Sorry for being radio-silent this long, work keeps me from doing as much as I'd like; but I've been trying to keep up with replies and messages (I hope I got them all).

-GTS