VN Ren'Py Game Dev Journal: Inner Demons (Ch 4 progress)

Marcus_S

Jul 30, 2017
Holy shit...
Holy fucking shit...
HOLY MUTHA FUCKIN' SHIT!

I just had the craziest, weirdest, Freudian revelation about 2 of my characters...
Bryn and Hilda... SHARE THE SAME FUCKING BODY AND FACE MODEL! The only differences (besides the obvious... equipment) is the hair, height, and aging controller.

It's no wonder I put so much effort into those two. I didn't even realize what I had done.

So now I have a (fairly) reasonable explanation as to why MC is so attracted to and feels safe with Bryn.
The naming of the characters point to something as well. Bryn and Hilda? Brynhilda - In the Norse tradition, Brunhild is a shieldmaiden or valkyrie, who appears as a main character in the Völsunga saga and some Eddic poems treating the same events.

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
The naming of the characters point to something as well. Bryn and Hilda? Brynhilda - In the Norse tradition, Brunhild is a shieldmaiden or valkyrie, who appears as a main character in the Völsunga saga and some Eddic poems treating the same events.
Well, fuck me sideways…… I didn’t even realize that! That’s an awesome observation. No wonder I put a lot of focus into their relationships. I might have to work something into story with that. Thank you!

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Just a quick update:

Progress is slow-going (again) because of work. But I try to get in about 3 or 4 images a day with script updates. So far I'm 23 images in, not sure how many are needed though.

My focus right now is on scene "Home 3" featuring Greer, Mauve, Eva, Fiona, Hilda, Skye. It'll be fairly long since I'm trying to incorporate a lot of story elements into it, setting up an "end-game" type scene for Home 4 (the last home scene before chapter conclusion).

I also plan to include sexy scenes with Hilda (MC astral projection), Skye (MC astral), Greer (solo+Lyall, possible Mauve appearance), and maybe Fiona.