Tool Others Game Manager 2.17.12.7

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

tid

Aug 16, 2017
A new release is on its way, it will introduce the ability to rate tags :
You will be able to rate each game's tag, all tags will start with 5/10. Only logged in users will be able to vote.

On a second time, I'll add the ability to add tags, but it will imply to add a sort of moderation system. So I'll do it later.

Reactions: kuraiken

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
A new release is on its way, it will introduce the ability to rate tags :
You will be able to rate each game's tag, all tags will start with 5/10. Only logged in users will be able to vote.

On a second time, I'll add the ability to add tags, but it will imply to add a sort of moderation system. So I'll do it later.
Sounds great. What about the ability to vote for the overall quality of a game of something similar? That could also be useful.

btw. Is the tag rating supposed to show how good a game is at any given tag, or how much of that game features that kind of tag content?

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I'm thinking about a game's rating system, but not only one note. I imagine a system with categories for example story, graphs, sound... Like they do for phones.

For what will be rated for each tag, it's up to users to decide how to use it. You should discuss this here with others and I will add a guide somewhere.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Think it should be both based on volume of content and quality. either or will show more of that content in either case.

No real good way to separate the two just for the sake of it.

Now, tag siblings and tag parents is something one should consider heavily!
Enable siblings for renaming of tags (instead of replacing them, cause parsing F95 might have the badly worded tag again).
Parents are good too as it enables for more groupings.

But with all this tag related features,workflow on using it and searching need some love.

A single input field where all metadata fields are queried would be wanted instead of splitting it all up across a ton of fields.
An AND & OR Operator for the text field might also be wanted.

Again, for such system. Take a look at Hydrus and its tag system.

asdfg_dk

May 17, 2018
Why do the game manager download the complete database again and again, it startet yesterday ??

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Why do the game manager download the complete database again and again, it startet yesterday ??
Whole database of 5305 titles or something?
That doesn't sounds right at all. Haven't had those issues myself at all. Been updating normally here.

But if you have not had the check for updates on startup in the past then you might be really out of date and its just catching up from your last sync.

If you forget to update for some time then it will sync from the last time you synced, which means it could be hundreds of titles.

But if its not that then i don't know.

This client really need some logs to be written with errors and warnings.

asdfg_dk

May 17, 2018
It looks like the latest program update removed the problem that forced my client to download the full database, and yes it was the full database and it did it 2 ore 3 times the same evening. But now i have a game that points to the wrong place, The game " Hentai High School+ " points to " Customized Girls Fight "

SnapCrab_NoName_2020-1-25_9-26-19_No-00.png

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Wrong thumbnails have been a huge issue for me in the last 4+ releases personally.
seems there is no push to fix it either. Or even add a logging feature for such errors.

Note also the cross metadata reading and writing seems to also be played states too. but from what i have seen, not install paths, installed versions or fav state by the looks of it.

Have had HUGE amounts of the collection have the wrong thumbnail. Even newly added games can be wrong.
Played states have also been wrong at times in my experience, for example a brand new title that was just added to the game-list database and f95 can be added as an played state when i have not even installed it yet.

This is a serious issue that should be taken series.

Not sure what the full cause of it all is or if its limited to only new updates of titles.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
>New update.
>Stops downloading of images automatically.
>Invalidates option already in place.
>Ignoring conversion after download for compression.

Also the new update also re-introduced the multiple screenshots bug where the same images are loaded multiple times in the same gallery view.

Wrong thumbnails for the wrong titles are still a thing.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Metadata is conflicting more and more from the server.
Have atleast 20 titles now that either loads the wrong url, has the wrong name or has the wrong images loaded.

If this continues then im not sure if one could trust this client with your metadata.

game_list_EewLNWyJVa.png

Its really like everything was copied to another and is just merged and cobbled together

Reactions: asdfg_dk

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
And when its correct, the set thumbnail images keep getting reset to a random one at almost any update.

Gets really annoying to needing to correct this for every title updated, esp when you have set it manually in the past correctly.

Maybe a a flag on the server host side that can automatically add a usage counter from any manual thumbnail selection.
That way the client could just automatically use whats used the most and the "correct" thumbnail would be selected by default more often.

Or just not change the set thumbnail when a user has manually done so...
But at this point i don't trust the metadata i add too this at all.
Time and time again i see the wrong images, wrong play-state, wrong version installed, wrong play counts and more.
I have seen time and time again the client saying i have played a title or even had a certain version installed when the title was just released on F95 and i have never seen it in the past.

Wonder if this has anything to do with the database type used at all or if its just a thread issue.
No idea why isn't used though as its perfect for the client and mostly anything.

Last edited:

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I've checked the server-side, and everything seems correct. At least for your example.
So I guess there is en error client-side, I know that there was a time when I wasn't resetting database fields before adding a new game. So it ended with a game mixed with another one.
I'll make an update since the last version games are updated when you open their window. But if some bad pieces of information are already present they are not removed, I'll fix this in the next update.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
Okay I made a quick update.
There are 3 ID that identify a game: F95 thread ID, server side ID and an ID on your local base. In the last update I made a confusion between the last two. To prevent this I'll use the F95 thread ID for all the update system.

Id you have games with bad data just open them it will update every thing except screens. If you have wrong screens on a game, click the refresh button (the first one on the top right corner of screens)

Reactions: asdfg_dk

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Sounds good. Thanks for tackling this, hopefully this clear things up. Metadata and UX is the most important thing for this client. Its the biggest feature it has, its a thing it needs to atleast not fuck up by mixing shit :D

Will report back if there is any more issues in the future, opening each title one by one doesnt seem bad at all so will just do a wipe of it.

tid

Aug 16, 2017
I've seen that new games screens aren't downloaded and image taken as the thumb isn't the cover. I'll try to fix this tomorrow.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
Seems things are getting corrected and updated once opened. I guess i will open up everything from the last months.
Wew, this will take time.

Deleting images is broken.

EDIT:

LifePlay is wrongly matching over here. Wrong title and wrong url and update version. Images are good.

EDIT: more titles that is wrong but i don't recognize the images, its just illusion renders. reverse search will prob find it but i cant be asked.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

tid

Aug 16, 2017
seeds of chaos didn't update properly? I've checked server side and screens and tags are OK.

CuddleBear

Jun 9, 2017
No, seeds of chaos is fine. it was the game next too it in the date upload with those images that is wrong.

So i had two Seeds of Chaos titles in the client and both where linking to the Seeds of chaos thread.

No idea what that game is though other than out of the images, don't have it installed either so i have nothing to base it off.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes