• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Game of Hearts [Ch.4 P2 R1] [SparkHG]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Wargazin

Looks very promising for a first release. Story is intriguing for now, a lot of room for it to get way better but also way worse, hope the Dev is consistent with updates and we don't have to wait too long for the next one. Looking forward to it.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Boehser Onkel

*for CH1
    (i dont "review " games at first releases/chapter or w/e much -but this deserves it)
    this is at my top 5 at "first release" games

the renders and animations are high quality stuff

the writing is very good (some minor corrections needed)

the anticipation building at the meredith scene is the best i have read/seen so far

the plot is not overused at this kind of VN´s , some may say rare

the choice/point system is well thought out

i wish the dev @SparkHG all the best for his project

i, for sure, will play through and cant wait for the next release
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Alex Lem

This is one of the best debuts for the entire existence of this site, on a par with debut of Motherless for me. Right now MC, story, girls, renders, music, sex scenes is absolutely perfect and I have nothing to complain about. Even though this is just the beginning, but already looks like a future masterpiece, good luck SparkHG (y)
  4. 5.00 star(s)

ThL

The seduction / corruption process in the game is terribly efficient
    Good renders
    Only drawback is that animations suffer a "jump back" effect that is quite disturbing. I guess that would be easy to patch into a simple loop.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Aratorn

This is a review of the first release, things may have changed in the future !

Game of Hearts seems like a great game in the making.
    The art style is beautiful, the story intriguing and so far the characters are interesting.
    There is also a surprising amount of content for a first chapter, congrats to the developper !

My only gripe is with the pacing which isn't on point yet.
    The sex scenes are long, detailed and very much so interactive which is nice but the story elements are as fast paced as A-Train coked out of his mind haha !
    My advice to the dev would be to slow down a little on that aspect.
    That's the reason why I rated it a 4 instead of a 5 by the way. I'd be more than happy to change that in the future !

Looks very promising, I suggest you try it !
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Itonami

Review of Chapter 1

TL;DR: Fantastic start with a surprising amount of content at release. Great writing, realistic renders and a solid cast of characters so far.

Game of Hearts looks to be a story of corruption and seduction, where our demon-blooded protagonist aims to gather a harem of willing women to worship him. The key part there is willing: the author makes it very clear early on that the worshippers must choose to submit, leading to a mix of romance, corruption and domination which is frankly quite unique. The added twist of our MC being able to read minds lends itself well to the genre, allowing players to diegetically see the girls' thoughts during scenes - a great touch.

What struck me most is the realism of the renders. Both Maxime and Meredith are true MILFs, looking the part of older women with gorgeous bodies and beautiful faces, without any of the perfect barbie doll esthetic present on so many other VNs. Kudos for that, it's not easy to pull off. The writing is also fantastic - they both seem like real people with actual personalities and mixed feelings, reacting organically to the situations present. Let me put it this way: it's one of the very few VNs where I didn't skip any text at all, and that's saying something.

Overall the story is engaging if nothing too original. The demon backstory makes for a good excuse to speed up corruption while remaining plausible, and the mind-reading power is well implemented. The MC is likable, being both kind and confident at the same time. He clearly takes on a dominating role without ever seeming childish, inexperienced or cruel. It's also nice to see a father figure who isn't a total asshole - quite the contrary, he seems genuinely concerned for the MCs well-being, which is a pleasant touch.

Finally, there is some actual gameplay in this, whereby you have to balance arousal, corruption and fear during certain scenes in order to progress a girl's path without scaring her away too quickly. This is done exclusively through dialogue options, but the transparency of the stats leads to an interesting gameplay loop. Trying to find the way to get the most points by the end of the scene is surprisingly engaging, really focusing on the fine balance between caring and seductive.

An excellent start with a lot of promise, well done!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

XV71

For a first release wow, just wow.
    Amazing renders and coherent English, wait that's illegal.

Milf is already obsessed with mc. Amen

And that deal with Meredith was a turn-on, I went the corruption route and told her to let loose, I was not disappointed.
    Definitely give this a try and see what you think, Dont like NTR but love Netori,(Yes I'm a raging hypocrite) that's fine you'll love this.