Unity Abandoned Gather Girls [v0.1.0] [Swift Koala]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Swift Koala

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2019
this looks more like RPGMaker than Unity
Sprites were taken from RPGMaker. I'm a good coder and a very bad artist, so I've had to improvise with game style.

And it allows devs like me to find the code in less time than it took to write this comment. Patreon codes are somewhat common around these parts, I don't mind them. Just don't be offended when they are posted as codes rarely remain secret for very long. Like AdiXv2k said, locking content and especially when there is not much of it (after all, this is a 0.1) might backfire. Especially for first releases you want to impress your audience. When they are asked for a secret code 10 seconds in before seeing anything leaves a bad taste. Just remember that your best supporters will be fans and the best way to get those is by making games people enjoy playing.

Happy coding.

View attachment 725173
Wasn't trying to protect the code, I'm aware it's easily accessible by using common decompilers. I assumed, however, that it'll take at least a few days until someone leaks it. It's amuzing that people can leak it on the first day.

However, you guys have somewhat convinced me that content should be easily accessible. At least for now. So I'm going to put it in the description. Enjoy

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Swift Koala , not sure if its because of wine or I was being impatient but the game seems to soft lock on the first scene with "Emme" (Emma I guess?). All I did was cut trees and sleep till cutting was level 5, cleared the log blocking the road and read the introductions of all characters. It got stuck on the first frame of the footjob scene (are there more frames?). No amount of button presses or mouse clicks allowed the game to progress.

I'll probably wait till next update anyways as content seems rather sparse but in the future a Linux build would be nice to rule out usual culprits (ie. feature not implemented or dirty prefix).

Swift Koala

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2019
Swift Koala , not sure if its because of wine or I was being impatient but the game seems to soft lock on the first scene with "Emme" (Emma I guess?). All I did was cut trees and sleep till cutting was level 5, cleared the log blocking the road and read the introductions of all characters. It got stuck on the first frame of the footjob scene (are there more frames?). No amount of button presses or mouse clicks allowed the game to progress.

I'll probably wait till next update anyways as content seems rather sparse but in the future a Linux build would be nice to rule out usual culprits (ie. feature not implemented or dirty prefix).
Sounds like Linux doesn't work with Unity's Videoplayer. I'm thinking about removing it altogether, cutting all videos into images and using them in a custom video player.

And sure, next time I'll add releases for mac and linux. I'll probably even make webgl version, since video player is the only reason this game can't be played in the browser

Cyril Kain

Jun 21, 2019
Played the game. Dev, you need much more content for people to gain interest, so locking stuff up at this stage is like shooting yourself in the foot.
I agree with this guy. Locking stuff behind paywall so early on doesn't inspire confidence at all, makes it seem like you are so insecure about your work that you feel the need to hide it, which will make some people think it is low quality and not worth their time. Not saying this is true, but it is what some people will think. I could understand if it was unstable and/or something you wished to polish up before the public release, but this doesn't seem to be the case at all.

I'm still going to pay attention to this as it grows, because it seems to have some promise.

FHDani

Nov 3, 2016
"animal crossing"
Not just the gameplay !
Make something like those character and add into the option who want to play like that !
I would !

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote