Gehenna [1.0] [Kemuriya]

BustinGutz

Aug 18, 2018
Mmm now that sounds more like my type of gameplay.
No wonder the game has felt so barebones thus far!

If I just played 6 hours of a broken version of the game, that didn't include a single of the intended mid-combat scenes/TFs...
then just HOW much other content like the Makai slaves have I missed out on??

Just gonna mention that in those 6 hours did I get pretty far (and missed a bunch of content on the way) on the red path, having fought Demon King Lorena in her castle, been sent to some "Berg" castle, have gone through the entire "oldschool" dungeon... and definetly encountered more than 20 different star symbol enemies, none of which threw cut-ins or TFs or even any special move at me.

So how much else have I missed out on here?
Don't worry I wasted hours of my time as well... Knew something was off but damn didn't think it would break the combat.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Philia

OverHeat

Apr 1, 2021
I was running through clean game with MTool translation on top and everything worked perfectly so far (gone through whole temple location and red mask). To get Makai transformation specifically You have to get hit by thin makai slave skill with cut-in. She transforms your skin color, hair color, eyes I think and then you get Makai slave personality item and H-skill, which unlocks access to the room with those slaves.
H-skill specifically gives 20%(or 30, don't remember) chance to get collectable item/soon-slave-to-be after each combat, which can be given to Makai boss for gear upgrade materials
didnt know the translation tool existed, this is helpful. waiting for hand tranlations is a pain and possibly breaking games with translations is just as bad(not throwing shade, ive broken games with translations myself).

maxfoster

Feb 25, 2018
Jeah ran a Translator++ translation myself and played it and also only later realized it that in Combat Animations are broken (Skills should have had animations and inflict special effects on your characters)

Tried to fix this but so far I haven't found a easy solution, the main Problem lies in the Common Events.json and Skill.json, if you translate them something breaks and in combat dialogue just doesn't happen. Events.json has Code but also all combat Dialogues in them so you would need to only translate specific stuff.

Also the Character Names in the first Title Line of the Dialogues need to exactly the same as in other places, otherwise In-Combat Dialogues won't trigger as well.

It probably needs someone who actually understands code to find a solution for that, just running it trough a translator just messes too much stuff up there

BustinGutz

Aug 18, 2018
Jeah ran a Translator++ translation myself and played it and also only later realized it that in Combat Animations are broken (Skills should have had animations and inflict special effects on your characters)

Tried to fix this but so far I haven't found a easy solution, the main Problem lies in the Common Events.json and Skill.json, if you translate them something breaks and in combat dialogue just doesn't happen. Events.json has Code but also all combat Dialogues in them so you would need to only translate specific stuff.

Also the Character Names in the first Title Line of the Dialogues need to exactly the same as in other places, otherwise In-Combat Dialogues won't trigger as well.

It probably needs someone who actually understands code to find a solution for that, just running it trough a translator just messes too much stuff up there
Had to swap to Mtool cause I fumbled the translation and so far that works. Just waiting for the real translation now.

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
I don't think you can, or at least I haven't found a way to swap them.
I'm unsure if there's an in-game way to do it, but you actually can do it with MTool also (and other cheat tools). Just go to the Actor tab and click the check box next to whichever ones you want to add. Then go in game to the party menu and remove everyone (they get added as a fifth member for some reason) before rearranging your party as desired.
Only downside is this doesn't enable the field etchi for the added members. Maybe there's some variable to fix that as well, though. I didn't check.

Just for reference, the starters are (in MTool translation): Himari (slime girl), Selene (robo girl), and Lemil (clown).

Reactions: BustinGutz

sammo905

Jun 28, 2018
I don't think you can, or at least I haven't found a way to swap them.
probs a endgame thing or after an ending

anyway is the mtool version worth playing or should I just wait a couple months for official translation

cell943

Oct 14, 2017

anyway is the mtool version worth playing or should I just wait a couple months for official translation
MTool is surprisingly intelligible, not to mention the addition of cheats, variable/switch editing, mod support, etc. It's still MTL, so there will be a little wonkiness (and not as much impact), but it's the best MTL that I've seen. Human translation is still worth waiting for if you'd prefer, but MTool isn't grating to read.

Reactions: sammo905

Griinch

Stealing your Christmas for no reason
Uploader
Jul 20, 2021
Can anyone confirm for me if this has been been translated somewhere? If so, can they provide a full game download link for it?

Waaifu

Furry Gamer
Uploader
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
Can anyone confirm for me if this has been been translated somewhere?
Just a partial and it's broken as the animations for the battle skills doesn't work with it.

Last edited:

Griinch

Stealing your Christmas for no reason
Uploader
Jul 20, 2021
Just a partial and it's broken as the animations for the battle skills doesn't work with it.
Thought I saw somewhere someone else has done a translation for it...guess not

BustinGutz

Aug 18, 2018

Mtool is alright and doesn't break anything but... its still mtl. Game is long so it is up to you and if you can tolerate oaks and poetry.

maxfoster

Feb 25, 2018
Thought I saw somewhere someone else has done a translation for it...guess not
I tried translating it but it broke too,
best advice I can give you is to launch the game with MTool like for direct translation like someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, I tried it and it all worked well without breaking any code.