Gehenna [1.0] [Kemuriya]

qwertylord

Sep 8, 2018
Anybody have 1.04? Patch comes with two more available party members and a few more in-combat images for the other mob party members, apparently.

InsaniacDuo

Jul 30, 2019
Is the game entirely separated from EDEN or is it still a prequel?
Cause EDEN had a surprising amount of lore in it.

Shriike

Oct 26, 2018
Well I just wish there was more to equiping and "transformation" would be part of the combat system, like for exemple :
View attachment 2719184 those enemies can put you the silver helmet, but it does... nothing, it would be cool that after a few turns you transform into one until you use an item or spell to untransform and if you don't finish the fight quickly enough, you become an enemies until combat ends like some sort of drones.

Same for the cursed mask, it would be nice to have some sort of event where you just turn into a Dark Cult grunt...
I feel like for a lot of these there's *supposed* to be a TF event, but the MTL borks it. Like how the brainwashed fighters are supposed to cause a TF/H-event if they brainwash you 5 times according to the gallery/h-skill gallery, but it just never applies.

Hopefully future MTLs or the official translation fix it.

azaa2

Aug 4, 2019
Is the game entirely separated from EDEN or is it still a prequel?
Cause EDEN had a surprising amount of lore in it.
This game is a sequel to the Anatolia series (in particular Sengan no Kenzoku Anatolia, where Shunka, one of this game main character, appears. Go look it up if you're interested.) and a prequel to EDEN.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I feel like for a lot of these there's *supposed* to be a TF event, but the MTL borks it. Like how the brainwashed fighters are supposed to cause a TF/H-event if they brainwash you 5 times according to the gallery/h-skill gallery, but it just never applies.

Hopefully future MTLs or the official translation fix it.
I played it on release, with my own improvised MTL and I wasn't aware of this bug, but I did have troubles getting some skills to unlock. After replaying it on a fresh file, using the latest version and TExtractor, I can tell you miss a lot, not just TF stuff.

Anyway I'm having a blast.
If people wants some more infos or have questions, maybe I could write some sort of quickstart guide.

PS: While I'm at it, to everyone, you might have noticed there is an item to disable the stand-in picture in the equip menu. This is intended for low-spec computers, or so it says.
I wondered why it would be so demanding in the menu and not outside.
After a big of digging, it turns out the plugin used by the dev is calling the event responsible for generating the stand-in every frame, literally demanding a ton of effort on your GPU for nothing.
I notified the dev about it but I don't know if I got the message accross with my poor japanese skill.
Regardless, here's in question below, if anyone needs it (Put it in the www/js folder, backup the previous file if needed). This one only call the event once every 20 frames, which is still very fast but I tested on a potato PC and the lag was nowhere to be found.
It might help you if you're having performance issues in the equip menu with this feature.

Reactions: mortozoz

RisenKill

Feb 20, 2021
i hope they get the english trans done soon they changed so much from 1.0 to 1.04
I would not hold my breath.
The Dev has posted about this back when the Game was released and he said that he will first finish optimizing/ fixing the game before a third party will start with the translation.

mortozoz

Oct 7, 2018
This game is a sequel to the Anatolia series (in particular Sengan no Kenzoku Anatolia, where Shunka, one of this game main character, appears. Go look it up if you're interested.) and a prequel to EDEN.

I played it on release, with my own improvised MTL and I wasn't aware of this bug, but I did have troubles getting some skills to unlock. After replaying it on a fresh file, using the latest version and TExtractor, I can tell you miss a lot, not just TF stuff.

Anyway I'm having a blast.
If people wants some more infos or have questions, maybe I could write some sort of quickstart guide.

PS: While I'm at it, to everyone, you might have noticed there is an item to disable the stand-in picture in the equip menu. This is intended for low-spec computers, or so it says.
I wondered why it would be so demanding in the menu and not outside.
After a big of digging, it turns out the plugin used by the dev is calling the event responsible for generating the stand-in every frame, literally demanding a ton of effort on your GPU for nothing.
I notified the dev about it but I don't know if I got the message accross with my poor japanese skill.
Regardless, here's in question below, if anyone needs it (Put it in the www/js folder, backup the previous file if needed). This one only call the event once every 20 frames, which is still very fast but I tested on a potato PC and the lag was nowhere to be found.
It might help you if you're having performance issues in the equip menu with this feature.
can you tell us what happened to the characters in EDEN? I am waiting for english translation but I really wander what happened to them

azaa2

Aug 4, 2019
can you tell us what happened to the characters in EDEN? I am waiting for english translation but I really wander what happened to them
As said previously, this game is a prequel, so it's either time travel/multiverse things or background lore for those characters. But here we go:
I might replay EDEN after all of this, I haven't played in a long time and seeing all the connections make me went to redo a run.
Other characters also show up, along with locations, but I won't list everything as EDEN isn't fresh enough in my mind.

mortozoz

Oct 7, 2018
As said previously, this game is a prequel, so it's either time travel/multiverse things or background lore for those characters. But here we go:
I might replay EDEN after all of this, I haven't played in a long time and seeing all the connections make me went to redo a run.
Other characters also show up, along with locations, but I won't list everything as EDEN isn't fresh enough in my mind.
dude thank you so much,ur awsome

kamina666

Jan 21, 2018
Man, you know where can i find the anatolia's work to read? And maybe an eligible version of Edento understand the full story, because the F95 version seems a Little bit of engurishu

azaa2

Aug 4, 2019
Man, you know where can i find the anatolia's work to read? And maybe an eligible version of Edento understand the full story, because the F95 version seems a Little bit of engurishu
Both Anatolia works are translated on websites like sadpanda or equivalents. A simple google search should do the trick.
I don't remember the translation of Eden being a problem, so I'm not sure about this one.

Sooo any human translation/working mtl so far?
No.
The bug caused by the MTL is due to Fume handling all the skill stuff to happen in the game Common Events, using the skill names.
A simple solution would be for someone to replace programmatically the japanese skill names used in CommonEvents.json by the translated ones.

Last edited:

druski789

Jun 13, 2023
I hope somebody makes a human translation of this game someday... machine translation is okay, but at the very least, mtl can be bad, and make it so it doesn't make sense sometimes.

Reactions: kamina666

RisenKill

Feb 20, 2021
I hope somebody makes a human translation of this game someday... machine translation is okay, but at the very least, mtl can be bad, and make it so it doesn't make sense sometimes.
The Dev already announced, on the Day of this Games release, that there will be a official Translation of the game made by a professional company/ group. They will start with their work once the Dev deems the game finished and stable, which might still take some time since he is still working on and adding things to the game.

Reactions: iottytiaare